The Dark Knight Rises Ra's Al Ghul/More than just a man?

Why is there a whole thread about this? This theory has been around since Begins. It ignores the fact that Ducard was the false identity, the "cheap parlor trick used to conceal your identity, Ras," as Bruce put it.

This whole thread is old news in every way. And it could have been discussed in any of the Ras, LOS, Talia, etc. threads.

Liam once fought for two days with an arrow through his testicle.

godfrey3.jpg

:woot:

Why is there a whole thread about this? This theory has been around since Begins. It ignores the fact that Ducard was the false identity, the "cheap parlor trick used to conceal your identity, Ras," as Bruce put it.

This whole thread is old news in every way. And it could have been discussed in any of the Ras, LOS, Talia, etc. threads.

You're also ignoring the fact that Ra's preached the "more than just a man" line. Why would he teach Bruce that if he doesn't live by that himself?

I think there is a clip out there of the shooting of a Scene where Miranda dressed very much Like Talia is discussing her childhood so she may be a Child of Ra's but I doubt she assumes his title .

You're also ignoring the fact that Ra's preached the "more than just a man" line. Why would he teach Bruce that if he doesn't live by that himself?

I'm not ignoring that. Nothing I said is inconsistent with it.

You're ignoring that in the early days of the League of Shadows in the comics, they featured a Sensei leader (Ken Watanabe's character) who ran things under Ra's Al Ghul's directive. Begins was paying homage to those comics, not setting up a twist for a third film that Nolan didn't even know if he'd make back then.

sensei.jpg

I was under the impression that Bane was expelled from the LoS at an earlier time for being too brutal or something along those lines. I remember it from an excerpt from The Complete Dark Knight Manual or something that covered all three films.

This is true. I'm wondering how it is, then, that he and the LOS get back together. Did he return to take it over violently after Ra's died? Did Talia invite him back in because she's more extreme than her father?

I'm thinking that Bane's mercenaries are not apart of the LoS, but the LoS still factors majorly into the film. Maybe they had a complete overhaul after the death of Ra's, who knows.

I think Bane has started his own LoS, similar but still separate from the Ra's one.

I'm thinking that Bane's mercenaries are not apart of the LoS, but the LoS still factors majorly into the film. Maybe they had a complete overhaul after the death of Ra's, who knows.

But IIRC, Talia was seen hanging out with/leading one of Bane's main goons at City Hall. That implies a certain connection between them.

But IIRC, Talia was seen hanging out with/leading one of Bane's main goons at City Hall. That implies a certain connection between them.

Miranda* Talia hasn't been confirmed :oldrazz:

but obviously theres a connection, that doesn't change the fact that Bane is creating/has created his own version of LoS

We saw them marching out. Perhaps my theory about Bane splintering the group was correct--and his defeat presents the opportunity for her to regain their loyalty. That involves seeing through her father's ambition or her own. I'm more hoping its her own. Its also possible that the men we see with her were spies she had infiltrate Bane's gang early on. That seems like it'd take more set up than there's time for, though.

Bane came back and took over the splintered group after Ra's was defeated.

Talia is trying to win it back. She needs Bruce's help, since he was basically Ra's chosen successor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"