The Dark Knight Rises TDKR SPOILERS (read at your own risk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

C. Lee

Superherohype Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have actual spoilers for the movie....put it in this thread and this thread only....AND....put it in spoiler tags.

From what I understand about this "ending"...

The whole "John Blake finding the Suit" scene is not an indication of his subsequent donning of the cowl, but more of a clarifying realization for Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character.

Someone posted on NolanFans (I think) trying to clarify R2's explanation, which he claimed was horribly written. The guy said that, at the end of the film, John Blake is in a despondent and restless state of wanting to know the real story behind Batman. His finding of the Batsuit RISING through the ground is not supposed to be treated as an indication of John Blake's future, but more of a cathartic moment where he finally comes to terms with the true identity/fate of his hero.

If this is the case, (which I'm starting to become more and more certain it is) I would be more than happy with it.

The whole "John Blake finding the Suit" scene is not an indication of his subsequent donning of the cowl, but more of a clarifying realization for Joseph Gordon-Levitt's character.

Someone posted on NolanFans (I think) trying to clarify R2's explanation, which he claimed was horribly written. The guy said that, at the end of the film, John Blake is in a despondent and restless state of wanting to know the real story behind Batman. His finding of the Batsuit RISING through the ground is not supposed to be treated as an indication of John Blake's future, but more of a cathartic moment where he finally comes to terms with the true identity/fate of his hero.

If this is the case, (which I'm starting to become more and more certain it is) I would be more than happy with it.

I'm telling you that's off. Not saying how much of it (if not all), but that's not correct.

Ok, given that
R2ind's spoilers have basically been confirmed as the raison d'etre of sorts for this thread existing (people were uncertain before) and other outlets now publishing spoilers for the film
, I'd say Bruce's journey is like
Selina Kyle's. She wants to have a fresh start. Because of the ending at the cafe they have a fresh start together.
Blake
seems like Battle For The Cowls bait...as that French review alludes to. Bruce didn't have the batcave destroyed and Blake goes in there.

I'm telling you that's off. Not saying how much of it (if not all), but that's not correct.

Ah, darn.

Well as long as it's not the aforementioned alternative, I'm still okay with it.

Right? :oldrazz: haha

Kidding, of course, you don't have to respond if you don't wanna' :)

Someone mentioned...

He throws his badge away once the suit rises from it storage place, if that's so then I'd say that's a pretty good indication of what's to come. But this is just speculation upon a rumour, so please don't bite my head off.

That's actually the interpretation that I like (more than the original interpretation) but I guess theShape just said that it's off.

Someone mentioned...

He throws his badge away once the suit rises from it storage place, if that's so then I'd say that's a pretty good indication of what's to come. But this is just speculation upon a rumour, so please don't bite my head off.

I heard that too.

If...

R2ind's spoiler's are legit, he also confirmed Selina is the one who ultimately ends Bane. So Selina/Catwoman fans will be happy with that one.

Spoilers forum > TDKR Spoilers (read at your own risk) thread

and you want to use spoiler tags on top of it? If people are THAT stupid, they deserve to get spoiled.

Someone mentioned...

R2ind and the French review said

R2ind "It ends in a cafe, Bruce Wayne is happy and relaxed. He is done being the Batman. He is with someone... A woman. There is not a word of dialog. She turns her head. It's Salina Kyle. Batman and Catwoman live happily ever after. The End."

"Blake, pretty early on, guesses that Bruce is Batman. I don't remember if he had it told to him directly. When he is going to the cave, he has a GPS. I remember thinking, while I was watching, "did he get the GPS from Bruce through the will?" I need to see it again. But, yea the block rising up out of the water when he crosses on top of it, yep. Throwing his badge away, yep."

Film Freak (translated from Google from French) "While we can say that there is still a hocus-pocus that keeps the citizens of Gotham as Batman in the illusion is never dead, because Blake will take over.

[...]

If I have a downside, it is the latter against Wayne spot on which I could have put me through. The nod to Alfred being sufficient. But I wonder if it would not have been frustrating not to see Wayne after learning he was not dead."

If...

R2ind's spoiler's are legit, he also confirmed Selina is the one who ultimately ends Bane. So Selina/Catwoman fans will be happy with that one.

Well he also said this (which I think will make you happy):

Bane is a sympathetic villain and that he was Talia's protector. He was punished viciously because he was Talia's guardian at the prison and he trained her so she can escape.

We did get a (kinda) denial from theShape though when I brought up a speculation of mine (not a spoiler but I'll put in spoiler tag) that

Bane will be a sympathetic villain and while he's ruthless, we'll understand where he's coming from and feel sorry for him.

Bane is a sympathetic villain and that he was Talia's protector. He was punished viciously because he was Talia's guardian at the prison and he trained her so she can escape.

We did get a (kinda) denial from theShape though when I brought up a speculation of mine (not a spoiler but I'll put in spoiler tag) that

Bane will be a sympathetic villain and while he's ruthless, we'll understand where he's coming from and feel sorry for him.

Here's the problem:

You are linking a possibly tender backstory to Bane being a "sympathetic villain". No one should feel sorry for him. He has his motivations, but he is far from sympathetic. Nothing close to Doc Ock in SM2.

Here's the problem:

You are linking a possibly tender backstory to Bane being a "sympathetic villain". No one should feel sorry for him. He has his motivations, but he is far from sympathetic. Nothing close to Doc Ock in SM2.

Fair enough. :up:

I always felt anyway that Bane is someone that will be brutal and will feared by the audience so I have no issues with him not being a sympathetic villain.

I can see how the proposed ending would work, fitting the title. Interesting...

Spoilers forum > TDKR Spoilers (read at your own risk) thread

and you want to use spoiler tags on top of it? If people are THAT stupid, they deserve to get spoiled.

And you probably deserved a longer time off...but for now a week will suffice.

Correct me if I'm wrong, (and I'm not sure if this was you, Shape, or if it was Scoop)...

But didn't someone state plainly in their reaction to the film something along the lines of - "John Blake is not Robin, nor does he ever don the Batsuit"?

I'm afraid...

That Bane will indeed be portrayed as the evil dictator-type (which I'm fine with), but with no real acknowledgement to his past and origin, which going by the source material is a quite tragic and sympathetic one.

As for...

Selina being the one to ultimately end Bane, it all hinges on the execution of it for me.

Ideally I would have preferred for the feud/arc between Bruce/Batman and Bane to have been settled and ended between the two of them.

I just hope it's not going to play out with Selina just bursting onto the scene, putting a bullet in Bane and then following up with some cheesy one-liner. I feel a scenario such as that would be a rather lame and 'let-down' type of ending/closure to the Bruce/Batman and Bane arc given how deep, personal and extreme it is being built up to play out like.

Correct me if I'm wrong, (and I'm not sure if this was you, Shape, or if it was Scoop)...

But didn't someone state plainly in their reaction to the film something along the lines of - "John Blake is not Robin, nor does he ever don the Batsuit"?

My exact words were:

"John Blake's name is NOT Dick Grayson". Not sure if I said anything regarding the second part.

My exact words were:

"John Blake's name is NOT Dick Grayson". Not sure if I said anything regarding the second part.

Ah, okay.

My apologies - I couldn't remember the exact wording correctly.

And, by the way, thank you again for cooperating with us.

I can't even imagine how crazy these past few days have been for you. Seeing the greatest movie of all time n' all haha :woot:

I'm afraid...

That Bane will indeed be portrayed as the evil dictator-type (which I'm fine with), but with no real acknowledgement to his past and origin, which going by the source material is a quite tragic and sympathetic one.

I think it's possible to have both.

A tragic backstory but he still ends up being brutal and fearsome.

As for...

Selina being the one to ultimately end Bane, it all hinges on the execution of it for me.

Ideally I would have preferred for the feud/arc between Bruce/Batman and Bane to have been settled and ended between the two of them.

I just hope it's not going to play out with Selina just bursting onto the scene, putting a bullet in Bane and then following up with some cheesy one-liner. I feel a scenario such as that would be a rather lame and 'let-down' type of ending/closure to the Bruce/Batman and Bane arc given how deep, personal and extreme it is being built up to play out like.

Oh, you know I've been with you on this one from the start during the debates going on. :)

Here's the problem:

That is fine, and is pretty much how his journey evolved and panned out in the comics. However, regardless of the evil villain he becomes (which is not one I would condone, throughout or in hindsight), his origin is one that can be sympathised with and is one that was undeserving for any innocent child to be thrown into.

He's almost that anti-verison of Bruce/Batman, while they both experienced tragedy and were brought up in tragic circumstances and surroundings, Bruce had good people around him to help and guide him, as well as the wealth left to him by his parents. Bane had nothing and no one really, except himself and his own damaged psyche as his form of conscience.

In hindsight they really are a true 'Tragic Brotherhood'.

I have no problem with him being the big bad villain throughout and by the end, but I'd would like to see a something that shows and can be seen as part of the recipe and/or catalyst for casuing him to become the monster he is.

Van, I think we'll get that.

YAY A thread where we can talk without fear of being singled out as being impatient!

Thanks, Mr. Lee!!

Also, its funny - for all the talk about the ending we've been doing, I think if Shape posted the thing straight out, I wouldn't read it

I have to say that even inclining that JGL is going to follow Batman's footsteps sort of irks me, but knowing Nolan I'm sure it'll be great on film (assuming that's sort of what we get).

I will say that I think the cafe description will somehow fall into place in the 'ending', with Bruce moving on and recovering from his tragedy and pain - hopefully with someone he cares about next to him.

TBH I don't want anything to be flat-out denied or confirmed. I don't mind discussing it though considering I read it.

I think it's possible to have both.

A tragic backstory but he still ends up being brutal and fearsome.

That would be ideal, for me. Not so sure about others though.. :oldrazz:

Oh, you know I've been with you on this one from the start during the debates going on. :)[/QUOTE]

Haha, yeah...

I've been about as passionate about this as others have about not wanting to see Blake become the New Batman, lol. :hehe: :D :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"