TDKR with Burton&Keaton!

Mitthrawnuruodo

Civilian
Reaction score
You know, WB have no problem with greenlighting two different Batman film franchises at the same time. TDK and JLA.

So i was thinking, why not a third?

Tim Burton could return with Michael Keaton and make a version of The Dark Knight Returns. Not going to happen I know, but just think how cool that would be with Burton's visuals. :yay:

In a non possible future, maybe...it would have been could, I admit, but the f'n JLA screws it all, and Burton had his things to say about Batman. It's over. I'm not sure about him adapting only Miller's vision on the dark knight anyway.

Burton is long gone, I truly doubt he will come back. Plus, I don't think he would get that vision right. Keaton would own as an aged Batman, but Burtons visual and artistic style is so unique it would clash horrendously with Miller's own style.

Get the same guy who did BladeRunner, or a similar dystopian future film. Maybe Jeunet, 'Delicatessan' is reminiscent of DKR...

Wow. I can't even count how many threads we've had on this subject.

the ultimate answer to the ultimate question of life the universe and everything?

Oh no, not again!! :woot:

Batman was kewl,
Batman Return was even kewler (imo),

But it was a loooong time ago...
Everyone (well...a lot of people) would have liked an other Burton Batman,
sad it did not happen, but you know...42 treads about this? I think what had to be said have been.:o

There's not actually 42 threads, it was...

You know, it doesn't matter...

Not going to happend, Mitty. Keep dreaming thought. Some of you guys got to let go of the past & move on. They have done their job, so there no chance of them ever returning. It been 15 yrs., so you may as well forget it.

Exactly, give it a rest already, Burton did his movies...

BTW, what is the big deal with TDKR? I've always liked the first two issues, but then everything fell apart. The art, the writing. It became a mess. It didn't really fit with what was established before.

Yeah it kinda went a bit weird towards the end, what with Superman nearly dying and stuff. The SE of the book explains how the story evolved as they were writing it due to budget and time constraints and stuff.

I guess they changed their mind about stuff... I'd have prefered it if they ended it with the Joker dying. All that stuff with Superman and the Government was a bit stretched...

They would have to end it with the Joker dying on live action film i should think, Batman and Superman never had any interaction before so it would just be strange. Also the Joker is dead, theres another point. It couldn't be done. All 3 of the major villains in are either dead or wont work. Two-face, Joker and superman would have to be totally ignored, that leaves you the Mutant leader only. Cant make a full film on that alone.

The Joker and the 3 villians are only dead in the Burton/Schumacher-Verse.

Using the villians isn't the problem IMO. It's Burton's and Miller's stylistic and visualistic styles clashing too violently.

Yeah it kinda went a bit weird towards the end, what with Superman nearly dying and stuff. The SE of the book explains how the story evolved as they were writing it due to budget and time constraints and stuff.

I guess they changed their mind about stuff... I'd have prefered it if they ended it with the Joker dying. All that stuff with Superman and the Government was a bit stretched...

The thing is: I've read and knew TDKR long before I had internet. I was quite surprised how widely this is considered as a masterpiece. The first two issues are brilliant, Batman returning and I love the scene when Bruce Wayne forgives the murderer of his parents ("All he wanted was money.", "I thought of him as the lowest kind of men.") but especially the final part is just... meh. Superman as a pawn of the Us goverment? How? And why do they even fight in that alley? Superman could have captured him long before. And the inconsistencies: At the beginning of the story the newcasters discuss about Batman, where he went and what happened to him. But then later it is established that the Superheroes were banned - so: they should know that. And I want someone who explains me or justifies the downfall of the art in the last two chapters. The first two issues were nice and well drawn, Batman looked good and athletic but in the end he looked more and more like a fat marshmallow.

And the "burton making TDKR" topic: This wouldn't really fit. I can see a little bit of "Year One" in his first movie but TDKR is just the different direction. Burton's world is dark, fairy-tale-like and Batman is silent while Frank Miller's DKR world is not dark. It is loud & violent. Batman is loud, brute-ish, extroverted and direct. Quite the opposite to Burton's "vision". It's basically more Rambo or some other kind of 80s action movie. That is why DKR appears even a little bit dated.

Wow, I pretty much agree with everything you just said.

First time ever on the Hype! people...

TDKR is the best comic book i ever read, and my favorite part of the book was fight between Batman and Superman, either way, I think it would of been cool if keaton and burton reunited after so many years but i think rather see Bale and nolan reunite 15 years from now or so and make one final film, a TDKR in film.

I still hope it will happen. Keaton and Burton should reunite for this one !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"