Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - IDW Continuity

The IDW TMNT comic to me is the best thing which has come from the franchise since the sale of it to Viacom in 2010. It's one of my favorite comics and is always an awesome read.

Anyone know which issues the volume 1 trade collects?

I've been reading the new series and it's very good. It's an amalgam of the original toon, the new toon, the original comics, and the films. It's very much an "Ultimate" style reboot (without all the cannibalism, lol). So far they've handled the characters well but I do miss the original artistic Mirage comics.

Here's the continuity order for those of you interested (this includes the released and announced issues):

TMNT# 1-5
Raphael Micro
Michelangelo Micro
TMNT# 6
Donatello Micro
Infestation 2 TMNT # 1-2
TMNT #7-8
Leonardo Micro
TMNT # 9-10
Splinter Micro
TMNT #11-12
Casey Jones Micro
April O'Neil Micro
TMNT # 13-14
Fugitoid Micro

They are all available on the IDW comic app.

Also Holiday the trade includes TMNT # 1-4 and the Micro Series trade includes the 4 Turtle Micros.

So now that the first arc has wrapped up I have to say it was even better than I expected. It made me a fan of the reincarnation angle a lot more than the '03 series managed to do which is interesting cause I had mixed feelings about that at first. Now I can't think of a better way to make Yoshi Vs. Saki make sense.

Oh the reincarnation angle was first introduced in the 2003 cartoon?

I mean as far as The Shredder goes anyway even though it was cause he was an alien in the series logically more an illusion of reincarnation and not actual. I like what they did for the turtles and splinter though cause it makes Saki Vs. Yoshi more personal and also it's more in tune with beliefs in Eastern culture like reincarnation.

These are the best TURTLES comics ever! EVER!

I wouldn't say it's the BEST. It's good. To me, Archie's TMNT Adventures were the best. A perfect blend of the Fred Wolf toon turtles whith just a teaspoon of Mirage thrown in.

So I just read April and #13. Man I love this comic series. I love how Slash is in it now, just free to roam around for a bit before getting picked up again. I really hope the Rocksteady and Beebop thing is picked up on soon, I wanna see those guys in action!

One thing is I don't really like the new artist. I wasn't a fan in the Mikey one shot and I'm still not a fan here. The artist on the Donnie one shot would have been my prefered artist to take over. Oh, or Blair Shedd, he needs more work in the comic industry!!

I wouldn't say it's the BEST. It's good. To me, Archie's TMNT Adventures were the best. A perfect blend of the Fred Wolf toon turtles whith just a teaspoon of Mirage thrown in.

The Archie's TMNT Adventures to me were a little bit too juvenile in the vain of the 1987 cartoon. What do you think?

The Archie's TMNT Adventures to me were a little bit too juvenile in the vain of the 1987 cartoon. What do you think?

Starting out, yeah because it basically adapted the early episodes of the cartoon, but I'd say from Iss. 5 - on, the stories became more original and the writing became much better. dealing with every thing from environmental issues to the 4 Horse men of the Apacalyspe. Don't get me wrong, I like IDW's TMNT. My only issue is I'm not to crazy about the artwork.

Yeah the Archie book was really good. It was a much better interpretation than the actual show because it had a lot more freedom. Similar to Superman Adventures being better than STAS in that regard. It was a cool middle ground between the cartoon and the mirage books.

Issue 14 came out last wed and it was pretty rad. Best part was

Neutrinos showing up and then shortly after that we see the Technodrome being built :woot:

Last edited:
I've not read issue 14 yet, but those things were hinted at in the Fugitoid mirco and I lost my freakin mind when I read that!

Issue 14 was fantastic. Need to get some back issues, or have they released a graphic novel yet?

I think they're about to bring out vol 3. So far there's 1, 2 and Micro vol 1. I saw them in my Waterstones and they had buy one get one half price stickers on them. So check there.

Anyone know which issues the volume 1 trade collects?
Not to sound rude, this is meant to help, seriously.
Don't ask questions which are easily explained by just going to Amazon.

Issue 14 was fantastic. Need to get some back issues, or have they released a graphic novel yet?
Issue 14 was indeed awesome!! Now that we are fully up to date on the "reincarnation" explanation angle it feels like we are going to be telling TMNT stories. Kang and the Technodrome---awesome!!

I've not read issue 14 yet, but those things were hinted at in the Fugitoid mirco and I lost my freakin mind when I read that!

I've been avoiding the micros cause I only have so much money to spend on monthlies. Early in the main series though they did show Krang with rock soldiers in Dimension X and all. It's been so long since then though and the series kept developing away from that so it was nice to see them go "don't worry guys we didn't forget about that" so explicitily this last issue and pick that plot thread right back up.

I'm really missing Duncan on art though. The new artist is ok, but I never really get the feeling of any motion going on. Or emotion for that matter. I liked how Duncan would show the Turtles during arguments, or relaxed periods. He drew them well. He was also really good at the action stuff. It was always going to be a hard act to follow.

Anyhow, I did read issue 14 and I loved Krang taking Stockman through on a tour. And oh man, the reveal of the Technodrome! Almost as awesome as the reveal of Shredder.

I'm really missing Duncan on art though. The new artist is ok, but I never really get the feeling of any motion going on. Or emotion for that matter. I liked how Duncan would show the Turtles during arguments, or relaxed periods. He drew them well. He was also really good at the action stuff. It was always going to be a hard act to follow.

Anyhow, I did read issue 14 and I loved Krang taking Stockman through on a tour. And oh man, the reveal of the Technodrome! Almost as awesome as the reveal of Shredder.

Not me. Duncan 's turtles looked like potato-headed frogs, plus there arms and legs were too skinny. I think Kuhn is better, but not by much. Really wish that Eastman, Dooney, Farley, Talbot, or Lesean would take over art chores.

I just picked up the Splinter and Michelangelo micro series, and issues 11-14. I am very impressed with this comic. IDW is doing a helluva good job on TMNT, as well as Ghostbusters, Transformers, and BattleBeasts.

Not to sound rude, this is meant to help, seriously.
Don't ask questions which are easily explained by just going to Amazon.

I understand your point, I really do, but dude, who cares? It's not as if anyone was forced to answer my question.

Quick question: This is the series whose first graphic novel focused on uniting the turtles and defeating Hob?

just finished volume 3, seriously how is it so hard to come up with a new film just film this bloody comic

and i agree i cant wait till the start bringing in the other mutants hints of beebop and rocksteady are great, slash appearing and i'd kill for a serious reboot of tokka and rhazer

I just got around to reading the 2012 Annual that came out last week done almost entirely by Eastman. What a great read! I know at $9 it's pricey but it's got pages to it and it's broken down into segments that showcase many of the main players introduced in the relaunch thus far and tossing in a few new characters. It feels a bit like Pulp Fiction in the way the story backs up and starts again from each characters perspective(I'm sure there's a proper storytelling term here I don't know). I really liked it and even bought an extra for a friend who no longer as an LCS within a 45min drive of his house. He mostly TPB waits now and I doubt these ends up collected anytime soon.

At $9 I got more out of it than I have 3 issues of a Marvel of DC book over the past year.

I think they're about to bring out vol 3. So far there's 1, 2 and Micro vol 1. I saw them in my Waterstones and they had buy one get one half price stickers on them. So check there.

Must go looking in some comic book shops today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"