Rank the Turtles movies

Uncle Radiation

Civilian
Reaction score
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
Teenage+Mutant+Ninja+Turtles2+1990.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze (1991)
Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_movie.jpg

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993)
TMNT.png

TMNT (2007)
TMNT1.jpg

1, CG TMNT, 2, and then 3. I can't imagine the new Bay-esque movie will be any worse than 3.

The CG movie was pretty forgettable, but at the same time not particularly horrible.

Can't believe anyone could rate III worse than II.

Secret of the Ooze has no real plot, Sesame Street rejects as monsters, and basically ignores every single thing about the first movie to try to appeal to little kids instead. The violence is toned down from proper martial arts to hitting people with yo-yos. Even Donatello's voice is awful.

Whereas the third movie, sure it has lame Turtle costumes, but it does have a story, and the fight scenes are not as slapstick (although there is a bit of comedy fighting in all the Turtles movies) - Leonardo actually gets a sword fight in this one. The feudal Japan locations are a wonderful change to fake looking sewer sets. The villains are not comedy monsters. It's not a good movie by any means (I'd rate it maybe 5 or 6 out of ten) but it's simply less lame than Turtles II.

In addition, Secret of the Ooze is the worst Turtles movie by default as Casey Jones isn't in it.

Last edited:
We enjoy the third movie less than the second?

My rank would go:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990 film)
Because it was one of the most influential movies in my youth, the theme of family, and as I realized later in life: the most faithful adaptation of the Mirage comics.

Turtles Forever
Because it is a celebration of the TMNT all around, a great bookend for a great era of Turtle-stories.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze
Because I thought Tokka and Rahzar were cool and all around a very funny film.
"A little too Raph!"

TMNT (2007)
It had great potential, but it felt a little generic. The emphasis on the rivalry of Leo and Raph made the film great. Shame that Donatello got the short end of the bo staff stick.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III
The production values left a lot to be desired, mostly in the Turtle costumes. It had a nice development for Raphael by making him a pseudo-Splinter figure to Yoshi. It felt sub-par in comparison to its predecessors in all aspects, except perhaps in action.

All the sequels sucked. So in terms of ranking:

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II
TMNT

TMNT 1990/2014 (equal in my mind)
TMNT 2007
Secret of the Ooze
TMNT 3

I don't count Turtles Forever.

Well, here it goes again for live action films.
TMNT (2007)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014 film)

Well, here it goes again for live action films.
TMNT (2007)

That's how I'd rank them too.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
TMNT
Turtles Forever

Secret of the Ooze
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (basically tied for 1st place)

Then,

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles '14

TMNT (The CGI thingy)

TMNT 3

Can't believe anyone could rate III worse than II.

Secret of the Ooze has no real plot, Sesame Street rejects as monsters, and basically ignores every single thing about the first movie to try to appeal to little kids instead. The violence is toned down from proper martial arts to hitting people with yo-yos. Even Donatello's voice is awful.

Whereas the third movie, sure it has lame Turtle costumes, but it does have a story, and the fight scenes are not as slapstick (although there is a bit of comedy fighting in all the Turtles movies) - Leonardo actually gets a sword fight in this one. The feudal Japan locations are a wonderful change to fake looking sewer sets. The villains are not comedy monsters. It's not a good movie by any means (I'd rate it maybe 5 or 6 out of ten) but it's simply less lame than Turtles II.

In addition, Secret of the Ooze is the worst Turtles movie by default as Casey Jones isn't in it.

I agree, turtles 2 left me soo mad/disappointed that Bebop and Rocksteady weren't the villains.
SOTO was just lame and lost all the grit the first film had.
So sad how it started off so Great and dwindled into trying to make it tame and appease Mothers.

Turtles 3 was a combo of 1&2 even Paige Turco was acting more like the original tough April than Turcos meak tame April in SOTO... the suits were awful but I was glad to see Casey back. It would have been better if Casey got transported back with the Turtles to fight along there side and have April taking the Samurai warriors to a club or something.

Last edited:
My ranking

'90 and '14

TMNT '07

Ooze and III

Utter garbage. Toning down the violence, fighting with yo-yos, nerf bats, sausages, except for Donatello nobody used their weapons, stupid reject monsters, Vanilla Ice and the ninja rap, 'help I'm a turtle and I can't get up', 'you were expecting the Addams Family' and tons of other crap.

Last edited:
Turtles Forever - 10/10
Teenage Mutan Ninja Turtles (1990) - 9.5/10
Teenage Mutan Ninja Turtles (2014) - 9/10
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Secret of the Ooze - 7/10
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III - 7/10
CGI TMNT - 6/10

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
TMNT
Turtles Forever