Telltale's Fables: The Wolf Among Us

Man, everyone in this episode was an A-Hole except for Woody and Colin, ironically....

Episode 4 was pretty good. [BLACKOUT]I've got to say that I think that Snow or Bufkin may know more than she is letting on based on something that Nerissa said. The biggest thing to me is that the Crooked Man knew he was coming, and the only people who could have known that he was on the way is Bufkin or Snow. That is unless the guy hanging in the background at the office is somehow giving away secrets.[/BLACKOUT] Can't wait for episode 5. Hopefully it comes in a month like part 4 did.

[BLACKOUT]Jersey most likey told him since he knew Wolf was looking for him. I don't care for Blue Beard anymore. He does nothing for the story. Unless there's some crazy reveal, he's a waste. [/BLACKOUT]

Episode 5 is out!

Just bought it so I'll give a report in a few days as to how I liked the whole thing.

Is anyone having problems downloading it with their season pass on Xbox like I am?

Great episode. Hope they make a season 2.

Soooo anyone to take a guess at that ending?

Faith disguised herself as Nerissa. Similar to her own Fable.

Great ending. It was a very noir-esque twist. Basically:

Crooked Man never ordered the hit. Faith put events in motion that would result in his downfall so she could be free. She stole the picture to blackmail Georgie, knowing how Georgie would respond. She then let Narissa die in her place. She then put the head on the steps of the Woodlands to instigate the investigation, then guided the investigation to ensure that it would ultimately result in Crooked Man's death or imprisonment.

Basically, Faith (indirectly) killed Narissa and Lily in order to escape.

Like I said, it is quite the twist. It fits the noir nature of this game perfectly. :up:

I absolutely loved this game, can't wait for season 2..which i'm pretty sure is happening because of the ending.

Crooked Man never ordered the hit. Faith put events in motion that would result in his downfall so she could be free. She stole the picture to blackmail Georgie, knowing how Georgie would respond. She then let Narissa die in her place. She then put the head on the steps of the Woodlands to instigate the investigation, then guided the investigation to ensure that it would ultimately result in Crooked Man's death or imprisonment.

Like I said, it is quite the twist. It fits the noir nature of this game perfectly. :up:

Wow, that makes a lot of sense and is quite a bit darker than I initially read it. I couldn't really make out what the ending was implying until now.

Really hope Telltale finds the time to make a season 2 at some point. The characters and world presented were fascinating to explore.

I absolutely loved this game, I think I liked it more than Walking Dead Season 1. I hope Telltale does a second season, in the mean time maybe I should check out the Fables comics.

Thanks for the explanation of the ending guys, definitely had me scratching my head a bit but got it sorted.

Fantastic series, loved every moment of it. Bravo Telltale Games you've done it again.

Crazy. I was sort of on that track, but seeing it all laid out like that makes sense.

I really hope Telltale does a Season 2 of this, but I'd think that they are probably busy enough with their GoT and Borderlands series coming up. I'll definitely pick up the comics now though, this whole world was incredibly enticing to me.

Wow, that makes a lot of sense and is quite a bit darker than I initially read it. I couldn't really make out what the ending was implying until now.

Really hope Telltale finds the time to make a season 2 at some point. The characters and world presented were fascinating to explore.

Crazy. I was sort of on that track, but seeing it all laid out like that makes sense.

I really hope Telltale does a Season 2 of this, but I'd think that they are probably busy enough with their GoT and Borderlands series coming up. I'll definitely pick up the comics now though, this whole world was incredibly enticing to me.

:up:

I didn't realize what was going on until my second playthrough. I did one run through of the final chapter where I went through with the trial and all that fun stuff. Then I did a second run through so I could kill the Crooked Man in the warehouse. Knowing the result of the trial and the ending sheds a lot of light on the warehouse scene. It gives the scene context and finally lets the player realize why there is an underlying sense of desperation to his pleas to both Bigby and the Fabletown residents. Everything Crooked Man says is true. He is a bad guy, but not a murderer. Seeing that scene in context, knowing the ending, makes it so much more clear. It really was a brilliant twist.

I too would like to see a second season, but I am skeptical that we will get one. The last two chapters were so short. Makes me feel like Telltales is kind of over this game. I think once they landed the whale that is Game of Thrones, they kind of regretted having Borderlands and The Wolf Among Us in development. I think Telltale is going to focus primarily on GOT and Walking Dead, which is a shame. Now is the time for Telltale to expand. Bring in some extra help if need be. This game was too good to just let it become Telltale's forgotten gem.

And the fact that I am saying this is telling. I never read the Fable books. I was skeptical when Telltale decided to make this its followup to The Walking Dead. I thought, "Really? This sounds like some Twilight nonsense." I was bored one day and bought the season pass shortly after the release of Episode 3 just to kill some time. I bought it because I liked The Walking Dead and figured I'd give it a shot, even if I wasn't impressed by the concept. I became immersed. I have never been more wrong. I am now inspired to go buy the comics. Such a creative and interesting world, filled with diverse and real characters. It is exactly the type of work Telltale should be doing.

Sheriff uses "Huff and Puff", it was super effective. :o :woot:

Faith disguised herself as Nerissa. Similar to her own Fable.

How'd you two even figure that? I just finished the game and this never crossed my mind. Is this speculation or was it actually stated somewhere that I missed?

If the head in episode 1/2 was actually Nerissa and not Faith's then why didn't that reveal itself? The glamour would have worn off, revealing the deception as it did with Holly

Last edited:
You are supposed to infer it from everything Narrisa tells you and from how the game ends with Bigby reliving all the old dialogue. Replaying it with that in mind and it all becomes quite clear.

Also... [BLACKOUT]Faith and Narrisa have the same purse.[/BLACKOUT]

You are supposed to infer it from everything Narrisa tells you and from how the game ends with Bigby reliving all the old dialogue. Replaying it with that in mind and it all becomes quite clear.

Also... [BLACKOUT]Faith and Narrisa have the same purse.[/BLACKOUT]
Unless there's another one that pops up in the game that you can point to, no they don't
twau_faith3.jpg

The-Wolf-Among-Us-Bigby-and-Nerissa.jpg

Sorry bout the location but ... here it is:
tumblr_n8m1rkCUpb1sjnixzo1_500.jpg

Thanks! Interesting. Im more inclined to think however that we never [blackout]spoke to Faith in the game and that in fact it was Nerissa in the beginning glamoured to look like her with her appearing in her true form for the remainder of the episodes, rather than the other way around[/blackout]

Thanks! Interesting. Im more inclined to think however that we never [blackout]spoke to Faith in the game and that in fact it was Nerissa in the beginning glamoured to look like her with her appearing in her true form for the remainder of the episodes, rather than the other way around[/blackout]

That is also a possibility, but the entire game is pretty much
a retelling of Donkeyskin so it would make more sense to be Faith and not Nerissa

That is also a possibility, but the entire game is pretty much
a retelling of Donkeyskin so it would make more sense to be Faith and not Nerissa

Yep, Faith's fable fits the theory. In addition, it fits the noir-esque nature of the game. Faith is the classic femme fatale who sets the events in motion (and is ultimately manipulating everything). Her name is the title of episode 1. She is the driving force. The twist has less impact if it is Nerissa.

All in all we may never know 100% unless they do a season two based around it.

Yeah, which I doubt they will. Even if there is a season 2, I doubt that story will be pursued. The ending was meant to be a noir-esque twist. Noir stories seldom outright state the ending, there is always a degree of ambiguity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"