Telltale's The Walking Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sgt.Pepper

Nowhere Man
Reaction score
Telltale will be announcing five new multi-platform projects during a formal event in San Francisco on Thursday, February 17.
Among them, says the invitation, is "one based on a just-launched property from the TV and comic book world whose popularity is changing life as some know it."

Source

To me the description sounds like The Walking Dead. If this is true then it will be awesome, I couldn't think of any other game developer that's prefect for this property.
What do you think? Based from the description do you think it's The Walking Dead?

It does sounds like TWD, I do hope so but I wait until it's announced.

The Walking Dead would be awesome. Thats a great show.

Even better comic book series. You have 6 million people watching just the premiere episodes with a fantastic 18-49 demo watching as well its smart going ahead with a video game.

The world of the Walking Dead seems more suited to TellTales type of gameplay. I really can't envision an action game set in that universe. It's possible, but I think the dramatic pacing is more suited to a methodical adventure game type.

Telltale make awesome adventure games and I'd love to see their take on The Walking Dead. It's got episodic arcs, It's dialogue heavy, there's actually very combat-light. It'd be perfect for Telltale to make an adventure game series out of the franchise. I'd love to see how they would do it.

Telltale is even going for something different with the Jurassic Park game than their other previous games so it'll be interesting to see what they'll do with this property. But yeah I could see it being heavy on story and action-wise.

I'll be curious to see them do this and Jurassic Park...will they go the humor route or more serious route I wonder...

They'll probably save the humor for Sam & Max. I can't see JP and more so TWD being a humorous game... at all. Maybe slight moments... but I doubt it.

It'll definitely will be on a more serious route since I guess TT wants to make it have the same tone as the comic and tv series.

Telltale Announces The Walking Dead Video Game

It's unclear what genre the game will be -- Kirkman told IGN, "The game is at an early stage, and we're in the process of mapping this all out now." However we do know it'll take place in the comic book world and be an episodic series.

There isn't any specific platforms for the project yet, but the agreement covers PC, Mac, consoles, handhelds, mobile and social gaming media. Telltale is looking at a fourth quarter 2011 release.

Source

I'm excited for this game already. :yay:

Nice that it's official, looking forward to more news from this game.

Telltale Announces The Walking Dead Video Game

It's unclear what genre the game will be -- Kirkman told IGN, "The game is at an early stage, and we're in the process of mapping this all out now." However we do know it'll take place in the comic book world and be an episodic series.

There isn't any specific platforms for the project yet, but the agreement covers PC, Mac, consoles, handhelds, mobile and social gaming media. Telltale is looking at a fourth quarter 2011 release.

Source

I'm excited for this game already. :yay:

If it's going to be Episodic, they should release each episode between TWD seasons.

A small update from Robert Kirkman.

What is your level of involvement with The Walking Dead video game that is being developed?

KIRKMAN: I just had a meeting with them yesterday. I’m not writing the video game myself just because I don’t have time. I can say that I picked Frank Darabont for the show and I picked Telltale Games because they are very familiar with the comic book and they know what makes the comic book good and what makes the comic book “The Walking Dead” as opposed to just as, you know, zombies running around and cutting people’s heads off and stuff. If you want to buy a game where you run around and kill zombies with an uzi – that game exists and there are more of those games coming out. They are fun games and everybody likes them, but we are not going to try and compete with those games. We are going to try to do something a little different that is a little more true to The Walking Dead. Knowing that they are that invested in changing what you might expect from a zombie game and really brining the emotion and drama of The Walking Dead to video games makes me trust them. But I’m overseeing everything.

What kind of genre is the game going to be?

KIRKMAN: I don’t know what the technical name is. I know what the game is, but I don’t know if I can talk about it yet. I don’t know what the technical name for it is and I don’t know if I can say if it is. I do know that the game will have shooting. It just won’t be the focus of the game.

Will they be releasing it episodically like how they did with their Back to the Future games?

KIRKMAN: I do know, but I don’t know if I can answer that. They do that with all of their games, though, right?

I think that is their plan, but I don’t know if they wanted to do a standalone game.

Details on the game and some concept arts.
http://www.destructoid.com/e3-the-walking-dead-will-change-everything-203391.phtml

Telltale Games was unfortunately very tight-lipped when it came to their new episodic game based on the popular comic and television show The Walking Dead. When asked about the game they didn't have much more to say other than "it is the darkest place we have ever been."

From a company that is known for pleasant, funny adventure games, this is an intriguing and interesting comment.

When it comes to the game itself, Telltale did tell me in our meeting yesterday that The Walking Dead will use the comic as canon (not the T.V. show) and star two characters, a prisoner named Idris Elba Lee and a little girl he meets after his prison bus crashes, seven-year-old Clementine. The two will have to work together and make some pretty dark decisions as they escape zombie-filled Atlanta that will change everything the company is about. This is going to one dark and disturbing game.

No release date is set, but Telltale did confirm a Facebook game that will launch a little before The Walking Dead and be fully integrated into the experience. No word on exactly how this Facebook game will work, but the Telltale rep hinted that it would be similar to the survivor's experience: befriending strangers and not knowing who you can trust. Sounds promising!

twdm.jpg

Clementine concept art.
clementineconcept620x.jpg

Idris Elba Lee concept art.
walkingdead2620x.jpg

Sounds good, like that they follow with the comics canon and I hope that TT can talk on how's the gameplay later on.

Wow, I forgot that they're going to show something from this game. I like the direction they're going with for this game. It's not going to re-tell the same story all over again but instead having a new story that's still set in the canon comic universe.

I'm dying to see some gameplay footage or at least know how the gameplay will be since it's going to be something Telltale has never done before.

I loves me some zombie games. I'm very interested in this

Wow, love the look of this. I know a lot of people despise cell-shaded material, but it really works here. Looks like the comic art (albeit in color). Looking forward to more.

Great to finally see some in-game pics. Now I want to find out how the gameplay will be like, next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"