Dead Rising 2 Finally Confirmed

StrainedEyes

All the way up it!
Reaction score
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=285199

A source close to Canadian developer Blue Castle Games has told Eurogamer that the studio is making a sequel to Dead Rising.

Rumours that the Vancouver-based outfit was working on the zombie project first emerged last year, but neither the developer nor publisher Capcom has confirmed anything on the record. But while Eurogamer was on a secret mission in Vancouver last week, we were told by a source familiar with the project that Capcom has indeed farmed out development to the Western team.

The source said: "Everyone's really excited; the team has obviously seen the rumours and it's been hard to keep quiet, but they can't wait to show off the game."

Unfortunately, they wouldn't give us any details on the title or when we're likely to see it. Boo.

Blue Castle has so far released two baseball titles with 2K Games, including The Bigs, and announced MLB Front Office Manager earlier this month.

The company describes itself on its website as "a full-service, multi-project and multi-platform 3rd party developer located in Vancouver, Canada", where: "We are well underway on three new projects - an unannounced Action title and two Sports titles one of which was just announced."

Our source confirmed that the action title is a sequel to the deliciously enjoyable zombie romp, which released on 360 in 2006. The studio is currently hiring for its action project, with one job listing stating: "It's getting around - there is something amazing being built here at Blue Castle behind locked doors."

A spokesperson for Capcom Europe refused to comment on the matter.

:woot:

I actually hated everything about Dead Rising, but i thought the concept was really cool. Maybe ill enjoy this one?

Cool, loved Dead Rising, can't wait for a sequel, just hope they make it longer. Somewhat ditch the timing system, like what Nintendo did with Pikmin 2.

Mulitplayer, Multiplayer, Multiplayer, Please, Please, Please.

The first game had me in awe, mainly for my love of the zombie genre, and this game being similar to DOTD. So, of course I'm going to be excited for the game.

I wish/hope they can incorporte some sort of multiplayer/co-op into it. If not, oh well, I'll still pick it up.:woot:

I just want a full city.

I'm fine with time limits. Unless you wanted the best ending, you didn't need to even worry about it. And I had plenty of time to do all the story missions and side missions even with the time limit, and still had time to mess around killing zombies. I think everyone who complains about the limits or the save system in this game (except it should have multiple slots so you can have more than one character on a profile) is just horrible at games.

Hell, if you want to make it really easy, just spend the first three days in the mall messing around and leveling up, and on the second play through it's incredibly easy to make it all the way through with time to spare.

The only reason I don't want time limits... is because I just want to kill zombies.... continuously with reckless abandon and not deal with having to start over every so often.

Having to start over wasn't that big of a deal at all, especially when you kept your level and upgrades when you did it.

I've said before that my idea is that the game would just be a survival game. You get put into a city, and you see how long you can last. The zombies would slowly grow in numbers over the days, supplies would only be a one time use, and there would be missions you can partake in if you want to. Basically Infinite mode from Dead Rising but without the health draining, and with some story to it. And whenever you feel like it's too overwhelming and need to escape, you have to make it to the outskirts of the city to some kind of military cut off point or something.

There would be no forced story missions, just whatever you stumble upon. I think it'd be badass. :woot:

I loved DR, and all the sequel needs is better controls, animations, and a bigger environment. Either way, I'm there.

you know what i want for the sequel? bigger ****ing text. :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"