Iron Man 3 Ten rings to rule them all...

I hope the rings have some kind of abilities, too. Honestly can't see why not anymore. I'm curious how Mandarin will fight Iron Man in combat.

For once I wish there was a director/producer who was not embarrassed by the very concept of comic books, wholeheartedly accepted all their quirks and happily announced without a hint of shame that yes, "The rings are alien tech found by the Mandarin and they shoot giant death beams." Oh alien's aren't real you say? You are right because obviously you must have traveled the entire volume of the known universe to come to this conclusion. Sad world we live in where everything must be grim, grounded and only have Al Quaeda knockoffs as villains.

For once I wish there was a director/producer who was not embarrassed by the very concept of comic books, wholeheartedly accepted all their quirks and happily announced without a hint of shame that yes, "The rings are alien tech found by the Mandarin and they shoot giant death beams." Oh alien's aren't real you say? You are right because obviously you must have traveled the entire volume of the known universe to come to this conclusion. Sad world we live in where everything must be grim, grounded and only have Al Quaeda knockoffs as villains.

I kind of have to agree. So far Marvel Studios has done a fairly good job at keeping a good part of the movies comic accurate. This is just a ridiculous decision, especially after they've introduced aliens and such in the Avengers.

I agree to an extent. But I like that the Iron Man series (apart from the rest of the MCU) has kept things grounded on earth. Not just grounded in reality. TIH as well mostly. Stark has so far only had the resources of his home planet to work with and suffice it to say, only being human, he's done a phenomenal job with those resources. Then the cube came and he studied it like a scientist. He didnt bow before it like HYDRA or fear it like SHIELD.

Anyway, my point is, let Thor, GotG and The Avengers as a team deal with cosmic stuff, so we can see IM and Cap battle the terrestrial. And Ant-Man can do his best against the subterranean ;D

I agree to an extent. But I like that the Iron Man series (apart from the rest of the MCU) has kept things grounded on earth. Not just grounded in reality. TIH as well mostly. Stark has so far only had the resources of his home planet to work with and suffice it to say, only being human, he's done a phenomenal job with those resources. Then the cube came and he studied it like a scientist. He didnt bow before it like HYDRA or fear it like SHIELD.

Anyway, my point is, let Thor, GotG and The Avengers as a team deal with cosmic stuff, so we can see IM and Cap battle the terrestrial. And Ant-Man can do his best against the subterranean ;D

I Like this. yes yes

That seems reasonable enough.

Personally, I've always found the Mandarin's comic origin in regards to the rings to be somewhat contrived. So I don't really have a problem with them abadoning.

And to be fair Feige did say that the rings will still be the source of his power, so its certainly possible that they may still be weapons of some sort.

Personally, I've always found the Mandarin's comic origin in regards to the rings to be somewhat contrived. So I don't really have a problem with them abadoning.

And to be fair Feige did say that the rings will still be the source of his power, so its certainly possible that they may still be weapons of some sort.

This leads me to believe they are symbols of his involvement in each of the 10 terrorist organizations. Which are the source of "his power." ;)

I think Feige is being cheeky. And at that, It's still exciting.

I agree with this. If Mandarin rings have "power" it should be based on technology.

We've seen where the villains in Iron Man have been modified from their comic counterparts. Whiplash in IM2 was really an amalgomation of Crimson Dynamo and Backlash.

I think what we will see of Mandarin in the comics is that he will still be the supreme mastermind behind everything. I've had a theory that they will reveal that Mandarin was behind the deaths of Howard and Maria Stark, and help to support Obadiah Stane in his takeover of Stark Industries. But he is a puppet master, pulling the strings.

We'll see if that plays out or not.

I do think they will have a "showdown" with Mandarin, and he may be in some sort of powered suit, with "rings" that shoot different weaponry, but based on technology, not magic/space aliens.

The rings aren't his origin, and that's really the key to using him.

The Mandarin's origin is that he is an aristocrat who took every penny that should have been spent running his fiefdom and helping the people he ruled, and he spent it making himself into the ultimate scientist and martial artist. THAT'S his origin. The rings are as incidental as Doom's armor.

Are you guys ready for some spoilers? I happen to have some inside knowledge and I would not have released this info just yet if you guys were close to guessing certain things in the movie's plot, but I'm not seeing anyone here who's even come close to answering some of the movie's most mind-boggling scenes. So here we go:

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!!

---
---
---
---
---
1) The Mandarins AVENGERS Tattoo explained: Remember the end of the avengers when people were getting their faces painted and getting tattos all over the world? How come nobody ever though about that? jezus, its not that hard to fiqure out. He got it so he could act like he's a fan of the avengers as a disguise to get close to tony. Being one the the films most comedic acts done by kingsley, Happy Hogan gets tricked to thinking he's just a fan that really wanted to meet tony just so he could infiltrate his house and plant some tech into his suit. DUH! BOOM Major spoiler! This will also explain alot of the other spoilers i'm about to give you.

2) The Mandarins Rings: They're actually enhanced technical remote devices that have a more advanced version of the extremis virus made specifically for him by Aldrich Killian who was working for him all along. Aldrich Killian was selling tech to the terrorists in the way Tony never wanted to do in the First movie. AGAIN, really? really? You guys couldn't even figure that out?
The rings allow the mandarin to control sophisticated equipment using his rings in conjunction with the extremis virus, including tony's suit that was sabotaged and thus tossed tony around like a rag-doll , thats why he looked so beat up.

3) Tony makes a compilation suit out of all his last armors in a way to technically confuse the Mandarins rings so that he couldn't access and control any-one-part of his suit since tony mixed them up so randomly, giving him the advantage to beat the mandarin WHILE attacking his minions with an army of 40 other suits all controlled by a newly hacked and modified version of extremis virus that Maya Hansen fixed inside tony's body. (yes, she turned on killian after she found out he was working for terrorists, plus had feelings for tony) This of course was after the events of Iron Mans defeat by the Mandarin earlier in the movie. BOOM another spoiler.

4) Pepper Pots "kinda" becomes the rescue, only because while the big last fight takes place, tony uses his mind to telepathically summon pieces of one the the 40 armors to her body while she was being held captive by Aldrich killian. She then break lose with the armor and kicks killians ass.

Thats all for now....just can't figure why no one's figured this stuff out yet..

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"