Terrell Owens Tries to Commit Suicide!!!

JokerNick

Sidekick
Reaction score
wow. for a guy that has been blessed as much as TO... why does he always try to throw it alway???

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ajol6msIAJWVyR2PJC0.yaxDubYF?slug=ap-cowboys-tosuicideattempt&prov=ap&type=lgns

DALLAS (AP) -- Flamboyant Terrell Owens tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication, police said, even putting two more pills into his mouth after a friend intervened.
A Dallas police report released Wednesday morning said Owens told his friend "that he was depressed." Details of the report were first released by WFAA-TV.
The friend, who is not identified in the report, "noticed that (his) prescription pain medication was empty and observed (Owens) putting two pills in his mouth," the police report said.
The friend attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied. Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, `Yes."'
Owens was hospitalized late Tuesday because of what his publicist said was an allergic reaction to pain medicine he was taking for a broken hand. Doctors reportedly tried to induce vomiting.
Owens is recovering from a broken right hand he hurt a week ago Sunday. He had an operation the next day to have a plate screwed in, enabling the bone to heal without being further injured. Dallas Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said last week that the pain medicine made Owens ill.
The Cowboys were off this past weekend and Owens was back at practice Tuesday, although he worked out on his own. Parcells said Owens' hand was improving and he was expected back on the practice field Wednesday. Owens chatted briefly with reporters in the locker room Tuesday afternoon and seemed fine.
Owens, one of the league's top receivers during his 11-year NFL career, is best known for wild stunts on the field and other publicity-seeking antics off it.
When the Cowboys signed him to a $25 million, three-year deal in March, they said their background checks indicated no red flags. In fact, team consultant Calvin Hill -- who mostly deals with troubled players -- said during training camp that his department was not involved with Owens because he didn't have a history of those kinds of problems.
Dallas police officials said they were planning a news conference later Wednesday, did not immediately release a time. A hospital spokeswoman said early Wednesday there was no patient registered as Terrell Owens, although federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released. Owens' publicist and agent, and the Cowboys, did not return repeated calls from The Associated Press. No teammates or Cowboys officials were seen entering the hospital late Tuesday night.

suddenly I have an urge to get a entertainment PC with Intel Viiv technology.

He's always failing with his commitments. :csad:

JokerNick said:
wow. for a guy that has been blessed as much as TO... why does he always try to throw it alway???

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ajol6msIAJWVyR2PJC0.yaxDubYF?slug=ap-cowboys-tosuicideattempt&prov=ap&type=lgns

DALLAS (AP) -- Flamboyant Terrell Owens tried to kill himself by overdosing on pain medication, police said, even putting two more pills into his mouth after a friend intervened.
A Dallas police report released Wednesday morning said Owens told his friend "that he was depressed." Details of the report were first released by WFAA-TV.
The friend, who is not identified in the report, "noticed that (his) prescription pain medication was empty and observed (Owens) putting two pills in his mouth," the police report said.
The friend attempted to pry them out with her fingers, then was told by Owens that before this incident he'd taken only five of the 40 pain pills in the bottle he'd emptied. Owens was asked by rescue workers "if he was attempting to harm himself, at which time (he) stated, `Yes."'
Owens was hospitalized late Tuesday because of what his publicist said was an allergic reaction to pain medicine he was taking for a broken hand. Doctors reportedly tried to induce vomiting.
Owens is recovering from a broken right hand he hurt a week ago Sunday. He had an operation the next day to have a plate screwed in, enabling the bone to heal without being further injured. Dallas Cowboys coach Bill Parcells said last week that the pain medicine made Owens ill.
The Cowboys were off this past weekend and Owens was back at practice Tuesday, although he worked out on his own. Parcells said Owens' hand was improving and he was expected back on the practice field Wednesday. Owens chatted briefly with reporters in the locker room Tuesday afternoon and seemed fine.
Owens, one of the league's top receivers during his 11-year NFL career, is best known for wild stunts on the field and other publicity-seeking antics off it.
When the Cowboys signed him to a $25 million, three-year deal in March, they said their background checks indicated no red flags. In fact, team consultant Calvin Hill -- who mostly deals with troubled players -- said during training camp that his department was not involved with Owens because he didn't have a history of those kinds of problems.
Dallas police officials said they were planning a news conference later Wednesday, did not immediately release a time. A hospital spokeswoman said early Wednesday there was no patient registered as Terrell Owens, although federal privacy laws allow people to block their name from being released. Owens' publicist and agent, and the Cowboys, did not return repeated calls from The Associated Press. No teammates or Cowboys officials were seen entering the hospital late Tuesday night.

THAT'S THE MOST NOBLE, CHERITABLE THING HE'S EVER TRIED TO DO IN HIS ENTIRE LIFE........AND HE FAILED. :down:(

Ronny Shade said:

a wide reciever, who has probably the most athletic body in football today, and most likely the most talent.... he's just a head case... he basically destroyed SF when he left, and tried doing the same to the Eagles..... he went to the cowboys after he fought publicy with McNabb...... now he's doing this.... this guy, if he had his head on straight, could have been one, if not, the greastest receivers in NFL history... but his actions off the field are now overshadowing anything he can do on the field..... guys a idiot who doesn't deserve his gifts....

I'd honestly say, he just wants the attention. He really hasn't gotten much since going to Dallas, and that must be tearing him apart.

Matt said:
I'd honestly say, he just wants the attention. He really hasn't gotten much since going to Dallas, and that must be tearing him apart.
:up:

Hold on this cant be true,

I know he was breifly hospitalised this week but no way TO would kill himself. Are there anyother sources reporting it as a suicide attempt?

JokerNick said:
a wide reciever, who has probably the most athletic body in football today, and most likely the most talent.... he's just a head case... he basically destroyed SF when he left, and tried doing the same to the Eagles..... he went to the cowboys after he fought publicy with McNabb...... now he's doing this.... this guy, if he had his head on straight, could have been one, if not, the greastest receivers in NFL history... but his actions off the field are now overshadowing anything he can do on the field..... guys a idiot who doesn't deserve his gifts....
So basically, he's the Tom Cruise of football

Matt said:

deep down inside... yep... that's what he is doing... he's depressed because the spotlite has switched from him, to others..... he's like a child... he needs attention, doesn't matter if it's good or bad...

Matt said:
Observe Matt as he hits the nail squarely on it's head.

Super_Ludacris said:
Hold on this cant be true,

I know he was breifly hospitalised this week but no way TO would kill himself. Are there anyother sources reporting it as a suicide attempt?

but on sports radio or ESPN, or any radio or tv news for that matter.... it's every where

Matt said:

no way matt,this is the worst kind of attention..dude wanted to "whack" himself. This might be a cry for help:csad:

wow, im surprised. Wasnt expecting him to go that far.

Parcells probably outright told him, "Owens, it's not all about you."

Owens: But, but...I'm T.O.! :csad:

I guess he's going to give Micheal Irvin a run for his money on the "biggest Dallas druggie" award. I was happy the Dallas got T.O., but I knew he'd bring all his past s**t with him. Tuna isn't going to be happy. Parcells will probably finish the job for him. :down

In this case, nobody here can say very much about his actions.

We knew the guy played football, we knew he was good at it, we knew he made money, and thats about it. We dont know about his life. We dont know what could have been at the root of all this.

JokerNick said:
but on sports radio or ESPN, or any radio or tv news for that matter.... it's every where

This is what happens when your in the office

When I left this morning they were talking about how he's hospitalised and it has nothing to do with the hand injury (like your article) and his publicist said it was nothing to do with the injury on Sunday.
Now this? Reading that article I dont doubt he took too many pills and it had that reaction but from saying "yes" I woulndt be suprised if he was being sarcastic (TO got jokes) but I dont know it's a developing story so I'll have to wait and see.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"