Tetris: The Movie (yes, really)

Yeah it’s possible that the movie won’t feel as slick as this trailer but they certainly piqued my interest. I remember hearing that they were making a Tetris movie a while back and at first I was like, “OMG stop making movies about games the have no story” but then I read that it was about the people who made the game and that sounded like it could be interesting. Had no idea it was THIS interesting though.

It's the movie I didn't know I needed! It has a solid director and it looks fun. I wonder how much of that is based on reality though.

I think you misspelled Street Fighter.

Touché good sir.
bison.gif

This movie is fantastic. An absolutely fascinating story and great performances, especially from Egerton and Efremov. Yes, some stuff was clearly added to make it more entertaining (the car chase, etc.) but the film is an absolute blast. Best video game movie ever, IMO.

I saw it the other week. It was ok. Entertaining but after reading how much of it was embellished so that it could be entertaining, I was kind of turned off by that.

Looks fun but I’d rather they made fictional stories up rather than have real life stories exaggerated for film.

This movie is fantastic. An absolutely fascinating story and great performances, especially from Egerton and Efremov. Yes, some stuff was clearly added to make it more entertaining (the car chase, etc.) but the film is an absolute blast. Best video game movie ever, IMO.
Nice. I’m a fan of Egerton so will check out at some point.

I loved this movie. Knowing the facts around it prior made the embellishments almost seem like satire of cold war thrillers. The gaming historian on YouTube has the most comprehensive documentary on the subject.

Last edited:
Looks fun but I’d rather they made fictional stories up rather than have real life stories exaggerated for film.

I don’t mind, cause then it gets people to then look up the real story where they necessarily wouldn’t. I would never trust movies or tv for the actual story, but just a jumping off point for real research lol

I absolutely adored this and I'm glad other people are enjoying it as well, because movies like this get easily overlooked nowadays which is shame because this deserved so much better IMO.

Given the talent and production value this could have easily been a theatrical release and should have been, but as it stands it will definitely end up in my top 5 favorite films of the year.

Also, please cast Taron Egerton as the new Logan/Wolverine in the MCU Disney/Marvel? It's insane how talented and versatile of an that guy is and I wish to see him go on to do bigger things.

Loved him in this as Henk Rogers.

I don’t mind, cause then it gets people to then look up the real story where they necessarily wouldn’t. I would never trust movies or tv for the actual story, but just a jumping off point for real research lol
You don’t, as unlike much of the masses you have the capacity for independent thought lol. :up:

I absolutely adored this and I'm glad other people are enjoying it as well, because movies like this get easily overlooked nowadays which is shame because this deserved so much better IMO.

Given the talent and production value this could have easily been a theatrical release and should have been, but as it stands it will definitely end up in my top 5 favorite films of the year.

Also, please cast Taron Egerton as the new Logan/Wolverine in the MCU Disney/Marvel? It's insane how talented and versatile of an that guy is and I wish to see him go on to do bigger things.

Loved him in this as Henk Rogers.
Yeah thanks to @Deck Rickard and all of you in here as I didn’t know about this at all and it could easily have slipped my radar with everything else coming out. I have Apple TV now so will be taking advantage.

I finally watched this and i have to admit I got kind of lost amidst all the financial and legal jargon and who owns what license and stuff but i LOVED the mood and vibe of the movie and thought it had a very strong finish. I have to rewatch it though because, again, all the legal intrigue completely just flew over my head.

I finally watched this and i have to admit I got kind of lost amidst all the financial and legal jargon and who owns what license and stuff but i LOVED the mood and vibe of the movie and thought it had a very strong finish. I have to rewatch it though because, again, all the legal intrigue completely just flew over my head.

Yeah some of that was really confusing. But overall, I felt the movie was a blast.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"