Infinity War "Thanos, I've Come To Bargain!" - The Doctor Strange Thread

What was Strange's final line? Like other's have speculated; Strange handing over the stone so easily will likely be the key to beating Thanos..that will be revealled in the next Avenger's movie.

[BLACKOUT]"I'm sorry, Stark. It was the only way."[/BLACKOUT]

I wish they kept his yellow gloves from Thor: Ragnarok, It was a nice addition.

I wouldn't be opposed to some iteration, but his gloves in Ragnarok were god awful.

I liked the fact that the scars on Strange's hands were visible during the scenes on Titan. Pieces of continuity like that are great touches.

All I'm going to say is, if Robert Downy Jr is really done with the franchise, I wouldn't object with them propping up Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange in his place. He has the wits and sarcasm to make it work, and was one of the standouts in this movie.

All I'm going to say is, if Robert Downy Jr is really done with the franchise, I wouldn't object with them propping up Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange in his place. He has the wits and sarcasm to make it work, and was one of the standouts in this movie.

I just need that sequel. I easily see Strange, Panther and Carol as the new faces of the MCU.

He was just flat out awesome in Infinity War.

Agreed. I would say for me, the big standouts of the film were Thanos, Thor, and Doctor Strange.

I just need that sequel. I easily see Strange, Panther and Carol as the new faces of the MCU.

He was just flat out awesome in Infinity War.

Not too crazy with Carol. I still know nothing of her, and with Kevin Fiege saying how she is going to be the most powerful character in the MCU already has me hoping Rogue comes in and takes those powers.

Not too crazy with Carol. I still know nothing of her, and with Kevin Fiege saying how she is going to be the most powerful character in the MCU already has me hoping Rogue comes in and takes those powers.

You know nothing about the character but based on how her powers are being described to you you wish her ill with a fate similar to her comic book couterpart, all this for... reasons?

America 2018 folks. America in 2018.

You know nothing about the character but based on how her powers are being described to you you wish her ill with a fate similar to her comic book couterpart, all this for... reasons?

America 2018 folks. America in 2018.

Not sure what America has to do with it, but I just dont care for her. I don't like Antman either and wished they had made a backstory on Natasha and Clint instead. Either way, doesn't matter what I think. Little ole me doesn't have the power to stoo this, so why are you so worked up?

Dr. Strange was so cool in this. They did a great job of showing a variety of his abilities.

At this point, I'm just annoyed that Netflix took 'The Defenders' title because that easily could have been the next franchise to replace Avengers. A team organized around Strange, made up of Captain Marvel, Panther, Hulk, Valkyrie, and Spider-Man. And maybe Silver Surfer in a few years?

Especially because the TV Defenders ended up being pretty terrible.

At this point, I'm just annoyed that Netflix took 'The Defenders' title because that easily could have been the next franchise to replace Avengers. A team organized around Strange, made up of Captain Marvel, Panther, Hulk, Valkyrie, and Spider-Man. And maybe Silver Surfer in a few years?

Especially because the TV Defenders ended up being pretty terrible.

The tv defenders had a far lower budget and were mostly 'bottle shows'. Why do you think so many-great by the way-hallway scenes were made-throuout them all and sets inside 'generic buildings'.

Just the difference between tv and movies.

Agents of Shield for the last 3 years has mostly been 'bottle shows'.

The tv defenders had a far lower budget and were mostly 'bottle shows'. Why do you think so many-great by the way-hallway scenes were made-throuout them all and sets inside 'generic buildings'.

Just the difference between tv and movies.

Agents of Shield for the last 3 years has mostly been 'bottle shows'.

Budget, Schmudget. Good writing, directing, and acting can easily make up for a lower budget. Defenders was bland, Iron Fist was a moron, the villains were weak, the plot made almost no sense. And it wasted Sigourney Weaver.

Compare that with 'Legion' on FX, which I doubt has more of a budget. That show is consistently entertaining, smart, well-acted and stylish.

Budget, Schmudget. Good writing, directing, and acting can easily make up for a lower budget. Defenders was bland, Iron Fist was a moron, the villains were weak, the plot made almost no sense. And it wasted Sigourney Weaver.

Compare that with 'Legion' on FX, which I doubt has more of a budget. That show is consistently entertaining, smart, well-acted and stylish.

I need to read the next day reviews explaining a Legion episode in advance so i will have a chance of understanding it when i watch it.

i think it will be cancelled for low ratings

They still got the Illuminati as an option, though.

Will say I am absolutely hyped for the next Doctor Strange movie after this.
He was freaking amazing in this movie! The back and forth with him and Stark was good. But it was the action that really sold me. He was very much a rookie in his solo movie and there were limits to what he could do.

But in this one...holy smokes he was doing some crazy stuff. This is the kind of magic I was hyped to see from his character. By the time his next movie comes around...it could be pretty nuts.

And I like how he does enough to point you in the direction where this is going. Well done Doctor.

Dude.
When he produced multiple copies of himself in such an artistic way reminiscent of a Hindu god.

Ugh... :hmr: So good. I want to see more of this in the next Dr. Strange movie. Just--off the wall stuff. Marvel please go nuts on this dude!

I don't understand, how the Russos make this to me

Pre-WS: I dont care about Black Widow
After WS: I like her very much.

Pre CW: I hate Vision & Wanda
After CW: I love this couple so much

Pre IW: I have no interest in Dr. Strange
After IW: Give me DS2!

I don't understand, how the Russos make this to me

Pre-WS: I dont care about Black Widow
After WS: I like her very much.

Pre CW: I hate Vision & Wanda
After CW: I love this couple so much

Pre IW: I have no interest in Dr. Strange
After IW: Give me DS2!

Don't forget about Thor. They blew my mind away with how they portrayed him.

And they made Cap much more popular than he was.

Hear, hear; Defenders was one of my favorite titles back in the day. I don't know about Captain Marvel and Black Panther, but Valkyrie for sure, Scarlet Witch if we don't get Clea, and maybe even Ghost Rider as a stand-in for the Son of Satan.

Doctor Strange was great in this film, and I'm glad the Russos gave him a healthy chunk of screentime and dialogue. They understand some of the burden Strange carries as the Sorcerer Supreme, but also do a great job of him not taking any crap from Stark. It's a good dynamic in that they're both cut from a very similar cloth.

The power displays were mind-boggling though. We've seen Thor own grunts in Ragnarok now, but seeing Strange unleash practically every trick he had in the book against Thanos was a sight to behold. Reminds me of how Strange fought the Hulk during World War Hulk. I hope he gets more to do in the next film, but also wouldn't mind if it were the original 6 Avengers, plus Scott, Hope and Carol taking the lead this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"