That tricky Copperfield!

\S/JcDc\S/

Superhero
Reaction score
Illusionist Tricks Armed Robbers
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 10:39 AM EDT
The Associated Press

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — David Copperfield has magically escaped getting robbed.
The 49-year-old illusionist was walking with two female assistants to their tour bus after his show Sunday at a performing arts center when four teens pulled up in a black car, a police report said.
Two armed robbers allegedly got out of the car and demanded the group's belongings. One woman handed over $400 from her pockets and the other gave up her purse with 200 euros, $100, her passport, plane tickets and a cell phone. Copperfield refused to empty his pockets, the report said.
Copperfield says he turned his pockets inside out to reveal nothing in them, even though he was carrying his passport, wallet and cell phone.
"Call it reverse pickpocketing," Copperfield told The Palm Beach Post for Wednesday's editions.
Copperfield read the license plate number of the car to an assistant while she called 911, the report said.
Four teenagers were arrested and charged with armed robbery. They were held without bond, police said. The women's property was recovered.

He should have levitated the car.

Oh, that Copperfield, what will he do next?

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
The Associated Press

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — David Copperfield has magically escaped getting robbed.
The 49-year-old illusionist was walking with two female assistants to their tour bus after his show Sunday at a performing arts center when four teens pulled up in a black car, a police report said.
Two armed robbers allegedly got out of the car and demanded the group's belongings. One woman handed over $400 from her pockets and the other gave up her purse with 200 euros, $100, her passport, plane tickets and a cell phone. Copperfield refused to empty his pockets, the report said.
Copperfield says he turned his pockets inside out to reveal nothing in them, even though he was carrying his passport, wallet and cell phone.
"Call it reverse pickpocketing," Copperfield told The Palm Beach Post for Wednesday's editions.
Copperfield read the license plate number of the car to an assistant while she called 911, the report said.
Four teenagers were arrested and charged with armed robbery. They were held without bond, police said. The women's property was recovered.

HE SHOULD'VE MADE THEM DISAPPEAR. :rolleyes:

That tricky.. tricky... COPPERFIELD!!!

dc_11.jpg

What will he do next? :eek:

:D

I would have impressed me if he had taken their guns...a la the end of Fight Club.

"But guys...the guns are in my hands."

"How the hell did he do that?!?"

"I dunno!!! Ruuuuuunnnnn!!!"

If Copperfield would make David Blaine disappear forever, I'd be okay with that.

jag

well, he certainly didn't tricked us into thinking he's not gay:o

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
The Associated Press

Say what you want about the guy, that was slick.

jaguarr said:
If Copperfield would make David Blaine disappear forever, I'd be okay with that.

jag

David Blaine made magic "cool" again... Then he went off into his Houdini impersonation and that's where he's staying for now I guess.

Blaine stopped being cool when he thought that locking himself in a glass cage for a week would impress us.

That's not even a Houdini impersonation. Locking himself up and ESCAPING would be a Houdini impersonation. And that would have been cool. We could use another guy like Houdini.

Woulda been cooler if he'd managed to keep everyone from being robbed. But NOOOOOO, David only thinks of himself.

Actually when I lived in Pasadena for a summer, I lived near him and chatted with him once while he washed his shiny black car.

I saw him perform in New Orleans ten years ago for my thirteenth birthday. It was one of the coolest damn things I've ever seen.

He just did a show at KU. Some friends of mine say the crew all think he's a dick.

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
That tricky.. tricky... COPPERFIELD!!!

dc_11.jpg

What will he do next? :eek:

:D
That is a photoshop. I CAN TELL BY SOME OF THE PIXELS AND HAVING SEEN MANY SHOPS IN MY TIME.:mad:

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
David Blaine made magic "cool" again...

...and then he made it lame and not even magic anymore. Good for him for doing human endurance tests, but it ain't magic. :down

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"