Iron Man 3 The 10 Rings Group

wait, the prelude comics say that killian was behind the events of iron man 1?

man, the explanation that the 10 rings members all died in iron man 1 and killian appropriated the name is so much better imo...

Someone with access to those comics will have to confirm/deny.

All I recall from the IM3 prequel comic in reference to the Ten Rings is that War Machine was sent to shut down a Ten Rings cell in Hong Kong during the Battle of New York, and that's the explanation of why he didn't join the party in Avengers 1.

ah k, cheers.

personally i don't see how much weight should be given to a prelude comic. we should judge the films and the films alone.

The comics have always been considered canon by MARVEL to the MCU. I'm actually still confused by what the 10 rings organization attained that they needed... I think maybe it could be just info so they can hijack War Machine later on.

The comics have always been considered canon by MARVEL to the MCU. I'm actually still confused by what the 10 rings organization attained that they needed... I think maybe it could be just info so they can hijack War Machine later on.

Or it could be something that's never addressed ever again or play any role whatsoever. It's not going to be the first time it happens in the MCU.

it was said in IM3 that AIM did the redesign and re branding of WM2.0 into Iron Patriot. So it's not unbelievable they'd have a kill switch and an override. Tony used Rhode's AIM login to get into AIM's database

it was said in IM3 that AIM did the redesign and re branding of WM2.0 into Iron Patriot. So it's not unbelievable they'd have a kill switch and an override. Tony used Rhode's AIM login to get into AIM's database

I don't remember that part....interesting. Yeah, that would definitely reinforce what the Ten Rings guy was saying in the prequel comic, and would also explain how they were able to take over the IP suit relatively easily.

Incidentally, the IM3 prequel comic shows Tony Stark building a new War Machine suit for Rhodey, between the events of TA1 and IM3. He dismantles the Mk II WM entirely and sneers at all the Hammer tech on it, and builds the sleeker new suit that was so heavily hyped in all the IM3 toy and promo material. I'm still surprised as hell they didn't debut it for Rhodey in the big battle....or anywhere else in the movie, for that matter.

I don't remember that part....interesting. Yeah, that would definitely reinforce what the Ten Rings guy was saying in the prequel comic, and would also explain how they were able to take over the IP suit relatively easily.

Incidentally, the IM3 prequel comic shows Tony Stark building a new War Machine suit for Rhodey, between the events of TA1 and IM3. He dismantles the Mk II WM entirely and sneers at all the Hammer tech on it, and builds the sleeker new suit that was so heavily hyped in all the IM3 toy and promo material. I'm still surprised as hell they didn't debut it for Rhodey in the big battle....or anywhere else in the movie, for that matter.

You'll have to re-watch but it was before the scene where he asks Rhodey for his login. He talks to JARVIS to confirm it was AIM that did the re-branding and he is logging onto AIM with Rhodey's name

You'll have to re-watch but it was before the scene where he asks Rhodey for his login. He talks to JARVIS to confirm it was AIM that did the re-branding and he is logging onto AIM with Rhodey's name

Makes me wonder if they'll go forward with Rhodey in the Iron Patriot suit next, or the War Machine armor. I'm assuming the DoD will consider AIM a high security risk now just as they did Hammer Industries, so I can't figure they'll want to keep the IP suit after it's been spectacularly compromised.

Makes me wonder if they'll go forward with Rhodey in the Iron Patriot suit next, or the War Machine armor. I'm assuming the DoD will consider AIM a high security risk now just as they did Hammer Industries, so I can't figure they'll want to keep the IP suit after it's been spectacularly compromised.

I agree... I think they will scrap it since AIM had a hand in it, and go back to Tony's WM

ah k, cheers.

personally i don't see how much weight should be given to a prelude comic. we should judge the films and the films alone.

Even in the films the group wasn't disbanded after IM1. The guy that gives Vanko what he needed to get to Monaco was an operative, as confirmed in the director's commentary for the film.

I think maybe it could be just info so they can hijack War Machine later on.

That's how I read it, but that's a plot redudancy since in the movie they just used the AIM rebranding connection to hack into Iron Patriot, so they didn't even need to go through all that trouble in the prelude to collect data on Rhodey's suit.

The Avengers prelude comic also had some inconsistencies so I just gave up trying to make all the little pieces fit with the movies.

That's how I read it, but that's a plot redudancy since in the movie they just used the AIM rebranding connection to hack into Iron Patriot, so they didn't even need to go through all that trouble in the prelude to collect data on Rhodey's suit.

The Avengers prelude comic also had some inconsistencies so I just gave up trying to make all the little pieces fit with the movies.

Probably because they work on the prelude before the finals cuts are even made

Even in the films the group wasn't disbanded after IM1. The guy that gives Vanko what he needed to get to Monaco was an operative, as confirmed in the director's commentary for the film.

apparently he was intended to be a 10 rings member but that idea was scrapped due to lack of time etc.

as far as what the movies tell us, it looks like they all died in iron man 1 and the faux ten rings in iron man 3 had no connection other than name and logo.

Some time this weekend, I am going to read the prologue comic and re-watch Iron Man, as the revelation of the above excerpted panel has complicated my understanding of who (and how they were) involved with the Ten Rings.

Well I have no problem with the case being Killian being the Mandarin and the creator and leader of the organization. The prequel comic establishes that the 10 Rings operated as individual cells, with each cell operating independently of one another. The leaders of each cell had no idea who anyone was in any other other cell save for one contact. Each cell would receive money and weapons and as long as they recieved them the leaders didnt ask questions. It makes sense to me that Killian, working for a military government think tank, could provide the cells with money and weapons.

Stane dealt with one indiviual cell in Iron Man 1. Just because that particular cell was defeated does not mean the organization as a whole was defeated. Again in the prequel comic, Rhodey was deployed around the world to break up 10 Rings activity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"