The 2006/2007 Ashes Thread

I didn't watch too much of yesterday's play. It turned out pretty much like I expected. :(

Ah, the sweet taste of victory. The Ashes are safely back home where they belong :woot: Looks like Pieterson is the only English batter able to stand up to our attack whilst his team mates all drop like flies. I just hope we don't get complacent and lose the next 2 tests. I wanna us to rub salt in their wound with a 5 nil whitewash. I hope Fletcher gets the axe after the series though. That would be awesome news to cap off the series.

While it's great that the Ashes has returned to us I can't help but feel that it was a little to easy, sure the second match in Adelaide was a pearler but 3/3 it does beg the question if England even turned up at all. Ah well, I guess all we can ask for now is some great cricket in the last 2 matches, maybe now that England has nothing to loose it might provide them with a different incentive. I think Freddies batting could be inspirational, he obviously went out there with nothing to loose and he showed us some classic Freddie.

Thought I might bump this thread, the Boxing Day test in Melbourne starts in 9 hours. Basicly that means I have 9 hours until I start drinking beer like its the last day on earth. This will be the last time Shane Warne and Glen Mc Grath play in Melbourne in this historic match, this is going to be an awsome day.

Congratulations to Shane Warne on making his 700th wicket.

69938.jpg

69937.jpg

69935.jpg

Congrats! The man's just too good. He follows that up with yet another 5 wicket haul :(

England were ok having lost two wickets for 100 or so runs and then the usual collapse begins.

The only hope you guys have now is the rain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"