The 2006/2007 Ashes Thread

Iceman/Psylocke said:
At least it's not one sided - one Aussie and one ...loser :csad:

You know what there's not been a wicket for a while - JINX

Unfortunatly work becons, I hope I dont miss the conclusion to the first test :(

Don't worry we'll hold out at least till you get back :cmad: :woot:

We have something to shout about at last!!

293-5. Collingwood got 96 before being stumped and KP is still there on 92. It gives us an outside chance of drawing the match. Well done boys! Now all you have to do is bat today out and please don't do anything stupid.

Pirateking said:

293-5. Collingwood got 96 before being stumped and KP is still there on 92. It gives us an outside chance of drawing the match. Well done boys! Now all you have to do is bat today out and please don't do anything stupid.

They have a whole day to bat it out, if you guys can stay in for that long you should win by mid afternoon, but with your second half to bat, it will be an up hill battle. Could get interesting though, might have a game after all :up:

Pirateking said:

Great performances by Collingwood and Pietersen. I enjoyed that, the first group of sessions that England have emerged with any credit. If Collingwood had kept his wicket till close of play instead of going for glory for his 100 we would have a chance of a draw and I bet Ponting would be regretting his decision not to enforce the follow on. Now it's going to take something huge to salvage a draw, but stranger things have happened in the past...........

I went to see India vs South Africa ODI today, it was an exciting game , South Africa batted first and at one point were 130/7 but they managed to get 270/8 ( Now South Africa have a new 8th wicked partnership record),anyway South Africa won that game.

Kaleb said:
I went to see India vs South Africa ODI today, it was an exciting game , South Africa batted first and at one point were 130/7 but they managed to get 270/8 ( Now South Africa have a new 8th wicked partnership record),anyway South Africa won that game.
140 is huge for an 8th wicket partnership :eek:

Thunderstorms possible this afternoon/evening :woot:

To late, we won :D Adelaide should be interesting, Australia will probably drop a batsman for a bowler on this wicket. Two spin bowlers FTW :up:

Yeah, what a poor performance in the 1st match by England. The Aussies are much stronger in every department. You could probably drop two batsmen and still win.

England will probably recall Panesar and play with two spinners as well in Adelaide. At least we can drop one of our useless bowlers, probably Anderson.

Looks like MacGill has been overlooked for the Adelaide test. He probably won't be playing until the last test in Sydney. I'm looking forward to seeing Panesar getting called up cause at the moment England's bowling is pretty damned ordinary. They desperately need someone who can take wickets.

Bumping thread due to the start of the second test in Adelaide (I'll be there :up: )

ord0g said:
Looks like MacGill has been overlooked for the Adelaide test. He probably won't be playing until the last test in Sydney. I'm looking forward to seeing Panesar getting called up cause at the moment England's bowling is pretty damned ordinary. They desperately need someone who can take wickets.
Is the last test on a good spinning wicket? Yeah, it'll be good to finally see if Panesar can make a difference.

Avangarde X said:
Bumping thread due to the start of the second test in Adelaide (I'll be there :up: )
Congrats :up:

Were the tickets expensive?

Iceman/Psylocke said:
Congrats :up:

Were the tickets expensive?

They were free :D It helps to know an ex-international cricketer.

Yeah that would help :woot:

Can you say who it is?

Avangarde X said:
Greg Blewitt
Oh cool. It must come in useful. :up:

Do you go to many cricket matches?

Iceman/Psylocke said:
Oh cool. It must come in useful. :up:

Do you go to many cricket matches?

Not really due to work, but I usually get to about 2-3 matches in the season.

Avangarde X said:
Not really due to work, but I usually get to about 2-3 matches in the season.
I'll try and see a couple of games this summer. I've really enjoyed all the ones I've seen live.

I am a fool. I'm talking about the Ashes here and I didn't even realise it's on NOW :eek:

I forgot all about the time difference.

England are putting up a fight this time.

Grats to Collingwood on making his double century. England is looking way better then the 1st test.

Hehe spoke to soon, Collingwood out for 206.

Pietersen still a chance to get his 200 but is still about 50 short.

I went to todays match, was awsome to watch Ponting get his century.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"