The 2006/2007 Ashes Thread

Avangarde X said:
I went to todays match, was awsome to watch Ponting get his century.
He's an amazing player.

Collingwood & Pietersen have given England a chance of a win or at least a draw. At least England are finally putting up some resistance.

Yeah it's getting a bit boring now. :(

Maybe Panesar would have made a difference.

Christ for the good of my country I'm going to stop watching, due to work I couldn't watch the last couple of days and suprise suprise we start to get our arses in gear,then when I do start watching again we seem to slump!

Avangarde X said:
The last day will be interesting if someone makes a few craters in the pitch :up:

kit1982 said:
Christ for the good of my country I'm going to stop watching, due to work I couldn't watch the last couple of days and suprise suprise we start to get our arses in gear,then when I do start watching again we seem to slump!
Yeah stop watching :cmad:

:woot:

Iceman/Psylocke said:
The last day will be interesting if someone makes a few craters in the pitch :up:

I feel sorry for the new ball :csad:

Woot! We ripped the Poms apart. Played out the last innings like a one day match. Flintoff bowled nicely though, but he didn't get any decent support from Giles. If Giles doesn't get dropped for Panesar now something has to be wrong.

The decision to declare so early with two guys who can get runs still at the crease looks pretty stupid now. Did we really expect the Aussies to get less than 550 over two innings? :(

Great play by the Aussies though. :up: It's not their fault that we're ****.

Wow umm...... We won, I really didn't see that coming. I was sure it would have been a draw, it doesn't bid well for England for the remaining test's.

Avangarde X said:
Wow umm...... We won, I really didn't see that coming. I was sure it would have been a draw, it doesn't bid well for England for the remaining test's.
You're almost embarrassed to be happy about it :woot:

It's a great victory for you lot and a huge embarassment for England. I hate early declarations in first innings and some of our players need to be replaced.

Iceman/Psylocke said:
You're almost embarrassed to be happy about it :woot:

It's a great victory for you lot and a huge embarassment for England. I hate early declarations in first innings and some of our players need to be replaced.

I wouldn't call it an early declaration, they would have wasted to much time for any chance of a result, although really England needed to make runs faster. If they do this in the 3rd test they should do better.

3rd Test

Well this is an amusing match to watch, but then again it is Perth so I shouldn't be suprised.

Avangarde X said:
3rd Test

Well this is an amusing match to watch, but then again it is Perth so I shouldn't be suprised.
Whatever strong position England get themselves into you can always bank on them to turn it into a losing position by the close of the next day's play :csad::csad::csad::woot::csad::csad::csad:

Avangarde X said:
I wouldn't call it an early declaration, they would have wasted to much time for any chance of a result, although really England needed to make runs faster. If they do this in the 3rd test they should do better.
Thing is they had Flintoff and Jones (or someone else, not sure) at the crease with 4 or 5 wickets in hand and could have got their fast runs then rather than declaring. If you're going to declare you may as well go for sixes until you're all out and put another 40 or 50 runs on in 5 or 6 overs.

Yep, thats true. Although I think it would have ended with a draw, even if they did make more runs faster towards the end time would have still been shortend, thus leaving Australia to bat it out on the last day. It was a game England could have won.

Avangarde X said:
Yep, thats true. Although I think it would have ended with a draw, even if they did make more runs faster towards the end time would have still been shortend, thus leaving Australia to bat it out on the last day. It was a game England could have won.
Yeah at the very least, there's no way they should have lost.

THe Ashes could be over this time tomorrow :woot: :csad:

Well traditionally as the Perth wicket dries it slowly turns into a batting wicket, most of the time the second innings last longer then the first. Did you notice how green the pitch was, was a spin ballers heaven.

Avangarde X said:
Well traditionally as the Perth wicket dries it slowly turns into a batting wicket, most of the time the second innings last longer then the first. Did you notice how green the pitch was, was a spin ballers heaven.
Really? That makes sense looking at how the match is turning out.

Even Pietersen is making the ball turn on this pitch.

Yeah, and look at where most of the wickets came from, spin ballers. England knew about the Perth wicket, hence Monte being brought into the side, atleast thats why I think they brought him into the side :confused:

Avangarde X said:
Yeah, and look at where most of the wickets came from, spin ballers. England knew about the Perth wicket, hence Monte being brought into the side, atleast thats why I think they brought him into the side :confused:
WOuldn't it be better to play two spinners? The Aussies could call up Macgill & England could keep Giles.

Well Australia does have a backup spinner in Michael Clarke, however dropping a batter for another baller would mean even less runs then what they got in the 1st innings. Just watch and see what happens next, it "should" make sense soon, but then again this is England, I'm sure they will find a way to screw it up.

I forgot he could bowl. Also I meant to drop a bowler like Lee or Mcgrath for a spinner if the wicket suits that. I suppose those guys are almost undroppable.

That first ball of Brett Lee today I would rate as one of the best delivery's I have ever seen. I was at a pub watching the cricket on the big screen at the time, and boy did everyone go insane when Lee got the wicket, absolute madness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"