The 2006 Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Yep, the Oilers defense has taken a huge hit this offseason. :(

It seems like a lot of defensemen are getting extraordinary amounts of money as well - Chara for 7.5 million, Willie Mitchell for 3.5 million....

It's kinda weird to bring back this thread, but this is really the only recent hockey thread around.

It appears Islanders have already fired GM Neil Smith and replaced him with.....

Garth Snow?

Man, is that organization messed up.....

I have no adopted team. :mad:

All my favorite teams are based in Massachusetts, and it's going to stay that way. Besides, I'm only here for another year, and I can't go around adopting every new place's teams. I'd be rooting for everybody. :(

There's nothing wrong with at least side-cheering for the team...:confused:

I care during the regular season :(

But the Oil are probably going to be playing in the regular season anyways. So it's all good :down

Well, from what I gather... they weren't supposed to do as well as they did this past year, so I don't trust them. I'm guessing they're going to win it all. I'm also predicting that my Bruins will make the playoffs this year, in order to make up for being the loser team of New England in recent years.

So I'm going to say that I hate the Oilers in advance, for disturbing me with their happiness.

They lost like a lot of players this year. Trust me, there's not going to be any hooting and hollering down Whyte next spring :confused: :(

Actually, yeah, go Oilers. Next spring I'll be in a delightful mood upon realizing that I'm almost done. Unless I fail all my classes. I'll also probably be out of town by playoff time. Yay Whyte, yay Oilers! :up:

Childlike Wild said:
Actually, yeah, go Oilers. Next spring I'll be in a delightful mood upon realizing that I'm almost done. Unless I fail all my classes. I'll also probably be out of town by playoff time. Yay Whyte, yay Oilers! :up:

And we're never going to meet are we? :confused:

Childlike Wild said:
Go Bruins!

That's all I have to add.
I didn't know you were a Bruins fan. :up:
Childlike Wild said:
All my favorite teams are based in Massachusetts, and it's going to stay that way. Besides, I'm only here for another year, and I can't go around adopting every new place's teams. I'd be rooting for everybody. :(
:up:

Well, I can't actually claim to know anything about the Bruins... but I once went to a Providence Bruins game. That's about it. I'll support almost anything Boston/New England. :up:

Childlike Wild said:
Well, I can't actually claim to know anything about the Bruins... but I once went to a Providence Bruins game. That's about it. I'll support almost anything Boston/New England. :up:
Awesome. I have never been to a Providence Bruins game, I should go one of these days.

Eric Draven said:
It's kinda weird to bring back this thread, but this is really the only recent hockey thread around.

It appears Islanders have already fired GM Neil Smith and replaced him with.....

Garth Snow?

Man, is that organization messed up.....

Well the next step for the organization is to hold an essay writing contest and the winner of that can be the general manager. Fire Smith before the pre-season starts... well okay. Hire your backup goalie as his replacement? WTF.

Seriously, when I first heard that Snow was the new GM, I thought it was April Fool's Day or something.

Could it all be Ted Nolan's doing again? :o ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"