The 2008 MTV Movie Awards Thread

i agree. i always watched it because of the spoofs.

If the Optimus Prime vs. Bonecrusher fight was nominated in the "Best Fight" category, it would have won. Because that fight was better than anything else that was nominated.

If the Optimus Prime vs. Bonecrusher fight was nominated in the "Best Fight" category, it would have won. Because that fight was better than anything else that was nominated.

IMO i think the spiderman 3 fight should have one.

Ok when will smith won the award for i am legend. He said something like that he doesn't always make good movies but he tries to put his all into them.or something like that.

Did he say some of those comments because he didn't like i am legend. for some reason i got the impression that he was reffering to i am legend.

It'd be entirely logical for him to not like I Am Legend. It was fine until about 2/3rds of the way through, and then it just sucked.

It'd be entirely logical for him to not like I Am Legend. It was fine until about 2/3rds of the way through, and then it just sucked.
I agree. The movie fell flat on its ass after [BLACKOUT]Will Smith killed the dog[/BLACKOUT].

I liked all of IAL, the only thing was some of the CGI was a touch shaky.

wasnt will angry that they changed the ending?

I completely agree. It was a awsome movie the whole way through.

But did everyone else get that impresion from what he said.

That, plus the fact that it completely lost every iota of the thought-provoking meaning Matheson's book held. Neither of the movie's two endings were particularly good.

Given the movies you like JAL that is hilarious.

That, plus the fact that it completely lost every iota of the thought-provoking meaning Matheson's book held. Neither of the movie's two endings were particularly good.

How so ? I mean it still had a good ending it just wasn't the same, it had sacrifice and hope.

this show is rigged...has been for a couple of years now...back in the 90's it was actually cool...and i agree the spoofs were always great...but MTV is also owned by Paramount...last year Transformers won the "Best movie you haven't seen yet" award and this year Iron Man won the "Best movie of the summer so far" award...then...Transformers goes on to win the award for best movie....this s*** is wack! Even though I agree...Iron Man is the best movie of the summer so far....its still the most ridiculous act of shameless self promotion in the hollywood...paramount should be embarrassed!

Well i never read the book. But i can understand ,because it was different than the book, some can get mad. Because of a attachment to liking the source material.

But even so its still a good film on its own. And i think people ignore that because of they wanted it to be like the book.

Are you saying i like crap movies?

Well what do you want me to change it too?

Crap and good are in the eye of the beholder but you said "iknew what was gonna happen about a little hlaf way through it" the irony is that most of the movies you watch are as formulaic as they come, with some ugly loser with mommy issues hacking up/torturing good looking guys and hot chicks. So guessing where something is going shouldn't be an issue for you.

Hey you said that if you were wrong you'd get a silly avvy, so go pick something like Hulk Hogan in a tutu.

Crap and good are in the eye of the beholder but you said "iknew what was gonna happen about a little hlaf way through it" the irony is that most of the movies you watch are as formulaic as they come, with some ugly loser with mommy issues hacking up/torturing good looking guys and hot chicks. So guessing where something is going shouldn't be an issue for you.

Hey you said that if you were wrong you'd get a silly avvy, so go pick something like Hulk Hogan in a tutu.
find me hogan in a tutu and i will.:yay:

Given the movies you like JAL that is hilarious.

How so ? I mean it still had a good ending it just wasn't the same, it had sacrifice and hope.
The original story was about the evolution of society. By the end of that novel, the human race is completely gone, replaced by the "vampires," who have formed a society of their own. What's more, it doesn't portray that as a bad thing. Humanity had its time and the next chapter of life on Earth begins with Neville's death. That's where the title "I Am Legend" comes from. He's a relic of a bygone age whose futile struggle for survival ultimately makes him little more than a boogie man for children. Absolutely all of that is gone in the movie.

I agree with those saying it's a good movie, by the way. It's not a bad movie taken on its own. It's not worthy of any awards, in my opinion, but Will Smith gives a solid performance and the story is decent. But it sure as hell shouldn't have been called "I Am Legend" because it doesn't adapt that novel's story. There Will Be Blood is a loose adaptation of Oil! by Upton Sinclair, but the change in title signifies that it's a unique story unto itself. I Am Legend should've followed that model, just like The Last Man on Earth and The Omega Man--both previous adaptations of Matheson's I Am Legend novel with significant changes made in the transition from book to screen--did.

find me hogan in a tutu and i will.:yay:

Try this. :D

rlltfk.gif

The original story was about the evolution of society. By the end of that novel, the human race is completely gone, replaced by the "vampires," who have formed a society of their own. What's more, it doesn't portray that as a bad thing. Humanity had its time and the next chapter of life on Earth begins with Neville's death. That's where the title "I Am Legend" comes from. He's a relic of a bygone age whose futile struggle for survival ultimately makes him little more than a boogie man for children. Absolutely all of that is gone in the movie.

I agree with those saying it's a good movie, by the way. It's not a bad movie taken on its own. It's not worthy of any awards, in my opinion, but Will Smith gives a solid performance and the story is decent. But it sure as hell shouldn't have been called "I Am Legend" because it doesn't adapt that novel's story. There Will Be Blood is a loose adaptation of Oil! by Upton Sinclair, but the change in title signifies that it's a unique story unto itself. I Am Legend should've followed that model, just like The Last Man on Earth and The Omega Man--both previous adaptations of Matheson's I Am Legend novel with significant changes made in the transition from book to screen--did.

I get where you're coming from, it wasn't the film so much as it's choice to alter the book's theme yet keep the name that bothers you.

Yeah, but that doesn't sound as impressively snarky as just saying the movie sucks. I got an image to maintain, you know. :o

i completely agree. although i didn't like the movie all that much. it was ok, it was a fairly typical hollywood apacolypse. it had the chance to be so much more but i guess that doesn't bring in the cash.

I've heard that Will Smith doesn't like particularly dark stories, either. I don't know if it's true or not, but if it is, I doubt he ever would've participated in a straight adaptation of the novel. That's one of the darkest books I've ever read, although I personally consider the ending somewhat uplifting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"