The All Encompassing Zorro thread

How about we actually see what they have to offer first before we condemn sight unseen? Or is that as always just too god damned much to ask from the modern fanboy mindset?

Maybe cause some of us are getting sick of reboot after reboot, just for the sake of doing so..?

Maybe cause some of us are getting sick of reboot after reboot, just for the sake of doing so..?

You are aware that despite the online screeching that there are more films of more types being shown and distributed to the public in more ways today than ever before, yes? While there are more reboots or remakes guess what? There are more of every type of film under the sun being created. People's POV are seriously skewed but the truth is no, what is being made is not just 90% remakes. So... You, personally have more options than when you were a kid, whether you want to believe it or not in terms of your feature film entertainment.

Also... No one is forcing you to see anything. You don't have to support these reboots with your dollars. But then... This is the hypocrisy of people online in general on this subject.

"Why so many reboots?" (Person spends months in threads dedicated to new version of classic franchise.)

"Why can't Hollywood deliver something original?" (Person ignores film after film that isn't a reboot or remake, never pays for a ticket to see smaller independent films of any genre, or ignores blockbuster film that takes chances of any kind.)

"All these movies are so cookie cutter? It's just the same thing again and again." (Person complains long and loud online about film taking them out of their comfort zone in any way shape or form.)

And... This would be the reasons why some of us are getting sick about the complaints for reboots after reboots.

Zorro is a story that I'm still waiting for Hollywood to get right. By far the best adaptation I've seen is the old Disney show, and even that has room for improvement (not to mention updating it a bit).

No love for the first Banderas film? If so, why?

It says that Kiersey Clemons is playing the lead role but isn't Gael Garcia Bernal playing Zorro? Or is this film about his legacy and Kiersey is playing someone who takes up the mantle? I don't really know much about Zorro other than the Antonio Banderas films but I guess the near-future setting could be something interesting if done right.

It was a typo i'm sure. Kiersey is the Lead Female. GGB is Zorro.

The Mask of Zorro is one my favorite movies of all time. They should do more Zorro movies like that. Does anyone really want a Zorro movie set in future?

The Mask of Zorro is one my favorite movies of all time. They should do more Zorro movies like that. Does anyone really want a Zorro movie set in future?

I see your avy is from BATMAN: THE ANIMATED SERIES.

How do you feel about BATMAN BEYOND? Personally... It was never for me. But I don't begrudge it's fans. My mindset is... I don't want to see a future tech Batman but apparently my tastes are not indicative of the fans out there that had no problem with it. So too here I suspect if the trailer shows us something worth watching.

Yup, I do. I'm really looking forward to this new take on the character.

Let's not pretend this is a slam dunk. I've never seen a futuristic take on this character but... I've seen it done with other characters to varying levels of success. Above all... Wait for the trailer before dismissing it sight unseen I say.

if his sword was a light saber these people would be freaking out.

if his sword was a light saber these people would be freaking out.

I actually think it would be interesting if this version is actually low tech as can be in comparison to the time frame it's set in. Would be an interesting juxtaposition. Plus, who knows, maybe being "off the grid" gives the protagonist an edge in some way?

The thing is - having Zorro be set in the future actually makes more sense than it would with other characters. I don't know why, but it just fits.

The thing is - having Zorro be set in the future actually makes more sense than it would with other characters. I don't know why, but it just fits.

While people always make the obvious comparisons to Batman I've always liked it when Zorro is as simple as possible in his accoutrements. The Mask, the blade, the whip, the cape, and of course leaving the mark of the Z. It's such a compact character. I think it would be interesting to see that just in the future and how he would operate and be received in a cyber-punk or dystopian future.

V For Vendetta lol

Thanks for reminding me. Yeah, the in hindsight obvious analog is V FOR VENDETTA. I guess it's cuz that's to me an essentially a serious Sci Fi Dystopia Drama film more than a pop corn action adventure.

Speaking of Zorro...

[YT]7u88qziTQ1U[/YT]

I'm all for a new take on Zorro. The key is Zorro needs to be in a Robin Hood situation, where there is overwhelming oppression going on that requires the work of a talented outlaw. My only beef with a possible future Zorro; I don't want him using guns.

I'm all for a new take on Zorro. The key is Zorro needs to be in a Robin Hood situation, where there is overwhelming oppression going on that requires the work of a talented outlaw. My only beef with a possible future Zorro; I don't want him using guns.

Well...

zM0oyrF.jpg

fetch

zorro-2-t.jpg

500px-Zorro_pistol_1_2.jpg

But yeah, I agree. Again, I think they would be smart to keep Zorro very low tech to juxtapose him against a Sci Fi future. It certainly would raise the stakes dramatically.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"