The All Encompassing Zorro thread

In Mexican slang, “zorra” can mean two things I probably can’t post on here :funny:
yeah, but its in spanish, not only mexican (it is not a localism) and its not really slang, its one of the oficial meanings of the word. So you know how it is going to sound despite context in the 2nd most spoken language in the world... :funny:

Thats a lot of people... Gonna feel more Peckinpah than Disney.

Alex Toth
ZORRO

69614182_10211562259771259_1006083285790490624_o.jpg

Cool but thought there was finally news or something. Damn it

Sorry. This thread talking about the possibility of a reboot was started 9 years ago....so the chances of it being made are pretty darn slim. Since then it has become a catch all for all things ZORRO.

I watched Mask of Zorro with my girl. It was her first time seeing it and she loved it.

Fair enough C Lee and speaking of Mask of Zorro, I recently found the Mask of Zorro and Legend of Zorro's soundtracks on spotify. I had forgotten I liked the score a lot and the song by Marc Anthony and a female singer

Loved the. Original film, Mixed on Legend.
It bookends the beginning and ending of the film with pretty good stunts, though.

1958 TV GUIDE cover with Guy Williams.
56bed2a82ef3447e791e728aef4ea24621f6c60e.19580426_c1_620.jpg

Antonio Bandera was awesome but Guy Williams is still my #1 Zorro

It isn't hard to make a Zorro film. It isn't even hard to make a really good Zorro film. Not when there's so much talent in the film industry.
Perhaps a mexican director would be best, though. Will Alfonso Cuaron be interested in something like this? It's not a far fetched idea. He did one Harry Potter, after all.

I would have been up for a Tarantino produced Robert Rodriguez directed version of this.

Izc8LMf.jpg

I recently finished watching the first 13 episodes of Disney Zorro. I have to say that overall, Guy Williams is the best Zorro, IMO. He had a very interesting life off camera, too.

Regardless of what time period they end up choosing, I hope Diego is the main character.

I've been hoping for a Zorro reboot with Oscar Issac as Don Diego De La Vega , though he may be outside the age range by the time they get around to it.

I recently finished watching the first 13 episodes of Disney Zorro. I have to say that overall, Guy Williams is the best Zorro, IMO. He had a very interesting life off camera, too.

Regardless of what time period they end up choosing, I hope Diego is the main character.
The Zorror series with Guy Williams was great. I remember watching it on the Disney Channel back in the day.

Do you think Cuaron would want to make a Zorro film?

Today (Nov 29th) is the birthday of legendary stuntman YAKIMA CANUTT (1895 – 1996). His connection to Zorro is that he was the stunt coordinator and stuntman on ZORRO RIDES AGAIN and ZORRO'S FIGHTING LEGION....in ZORRO RIDES AGAIN whenever you see Zorro doing something while masked, it is Canutt.
Yakima Canutt
127243797_3804812866195414_586958449947292915_o.jpg

Canutt as Zorro
zorro-rides-again-DXN7YM.jpg

Today (Nov 29th) is the birthday of legendary stuntman YAKIMA CANUTT (1895 – 1996). His connection to Zorro is that he was the stunt coordinator and stuntman on ZORRO RIDES AGAIN and ZORRO'S FIGHTING LEGION....in ZORRO RIDES AGAIN whenever you see Zorro doing something while masked, it is Canutt.
Yakima Canutt
127243797_3804812866195414_586958449947292915_o.jpg

Canutt as Zorro
zorro-rides-again-DXN7YM.jpg
The Secret Zorro.

NBC is developing Zorro, a contemporary take on the classic masked vigilante character with a gender swap. It comes from a high-profile creative team, which includes filmmaker Robert Rodriguez, writer-director Rebecca Rodriguez, Sofia Vergara and her LatinWe, as well as Ben Siverman and Howard T. Owens’ Propagate. CBS Studios, where Propagate has a deal, will co-produce with Universal TV.

Zorro centers on Sola Dominguez, an underground artist who fights for social injustice as contemporary version of the mythical Zorro. Her life is threatened by several criminal organizations after she exposes them.

‘Zorro’ Drama With Female Lead From Robert Rodriguez, Rebecca Rodriguez, Sofia Vergara & Propagate In Works At NBC – Deadline

Why does Hollywood keep insisting on swapping male characters for females instead of focusing on original female characters?

Today is the anniversary of Guy Williams's birthday (January 14th 1924)
138313123_3925284587481574_835483970336664684_n.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"