• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dialogue wheel reminds me of the same dialogue choices you were able to use in WoS. They offered no changes to the story and were completely skippable. Lame.

Just looks like another element they just threw in the mix to add another bullet point to the back of the box. Jack of all trades, master of none and all that jazz.

Honestly though, why did they try so hard to make Peter look like Andrew Garfield without looking like Andrew Garfield? His character model looks so slapped together, besides his outfit he doesn't really stand out. His face model is just...blergh.

Okay so in anticipation of Amazing spiderman 2 I went back and played each spiderman game I have for about 40 min each, give or take 5 min. (only free roam games, but shattered did gave great combat in some parts)

I could rank these by story, graphics, voice actors, and more, but here is my ranking by open world web swinging, and why:

1) web of shadows: The game had a lot of problems, voice actors, brown dead city, terrible story and more. However the game did have great features: wall running and skidding using knees, fast momentum web swinging, thumbstick= direction of web. Too bad no motion blur/double jump/. you could really haul across the city and it looked great too.

2)spiderman 2: This was a CLOSE one, the game has possibly the best new York close to sm3, the web swinging was fast, blury, and intuitive. After the first 20 min I was back in the swing of things and it was great. the rest was awful, graphics, combat and voice actors. But the music and time of day changing was great.

3) Ultimate spiderman: the web slinging was slow, even with all uprgrades it still did not feel fast, the combat in random encounters is great, and this game aged better than spiderman 2 overall.

4) spiderman 3: Bassically spiderman 2, the city was bigger, more diverse, etc, but with the things missing from spiderman 2 the web swinging was not quite as good. Rest of the game was meh.

5) amazing spiderman: Webs from the sky... grr. I did like the IDEA of web rush, when they showed trailers, in game it is slow, boring ( ie it does not do cool manuvers, usually just web zip), and web rush slowed down the bad swinging.

Just my opinion. Looking forward to this game.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed all of them, love spidey games, this is just my personal list.

Last edited:
Honestly though, why did they try so hard to make Peter look like Andrew Garfield without looking like Andrew Garfield? His character model looks so slapped together, besides his outfit he doesn't really stand out. His face model is just...blergh.
Cause they wanted to make him look modern and remind people it's a movie tie-in? But they can't handle the cash to pay the movie actors so they make big alterations?

Hey Andrew, how does TASM1 suit look in game? in the first game it had cool textures, did those carry over?

They are better :woot: and the 2099 suit is just...beautiful :p

So can you replay boss missions? Even though from what I've seen the battles are pretty bland. At least imo. The best looking ones are Harry,Electro,and Carnage.

Tbh I think Shattered had some cool boss encounters. I wish they would be consistent in the quality of there games.

So can you replay boss missions? Even though from what I've seen the battles are pretty bland. At least imo. The best looking ones are Harry,Electro,and Carnage.

Tbh I think Shattered had some cool boss encounters. I wish they would be consistent in the quality of there games.

Yes you can, "boss" so far was Shocker that was kinda boring.

Cause they wanted to make him look modern and remind people it's a movie tie-in? But they can't handle the cash to pay the movie actors so they make big alterations?

If they're going to make alterations then they shouldn't make it in such a way that the final product looks so slapped together. You'd think they'd spend more time making hsi character model look more detailed, but he looks just as detailed as almost any random person on the street.

Thanks! I will of course be using black spidey the whole time haha, especially at night. ( looked to purple in web of shadows) hopefully it looks more black like the black costume in TASM1 without the awful web pattern.

If they're going to make alterations then they shouldn't make it in such a way that the final product looks so slapped together. You'd think they'd spend more time making hsi character model look more detailed, but he looks just as detailed as almost any random person on the street.

It's going to suck if his model is more detailed than the other peds you see in missions. Would look out of place.

Yes! you can hold on to your web line, also some pretty fast good swinging. not bad at all http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBRGQeFwRD8

"can you at least say bad guy things like: CURSE YOU SPIDERMAN" "I love that one" haha they did write better dialogue and jokes then previous game.

Last edited:
4:49
he also says some other jokes, its actually funny this game

Still though, no Gwen! Still miffed about that decison, god damnit Beenox why

Just looks like another element they just threw in the mix to add another bullet point to the back of the box. Jack of all trades, master of none and all that jazz.

Yeah. By including an essentially worthless addition to the game, they've robbed the game of possibly more improvements to other aspects or something else that would have given the game an edge.

Oh my God, on that recent video, skip to 1:14.

Just look at what happens. That is beyond shameful and so funny hahahaha.

Hey Andrew, have you played as a menace yet? I read that swat teams come after you and such

I can't see what happened Josh?

Yeah Andrew, was hoping this was going to be an alternate, [BLACKOUT]"Gwen Lives" game but looks like they're just not going to mention her at all anymore which is lazy[/BLACKOUT]

Hey Andrew, have you played as a menace yet? I read that swat teams come after you and such

Nope, the status resets after the Fisk/Harry conference making you be in LVL 1 menace,then the Task Force that Fisk and Harry created comes at you if you continue to be a "menace" .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back