• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The entire game was awesome. Take away the fact Drake Bell voices Spidey, and the fact the city is so dead for a current gen game, it is the best. I didn't even notice the webs didn't attach to buildings. Yet they still do a better job at it than TASM2. The momentum, the animations, the combat, the graphics. All very good. My favourite Spider-Man game, personally.

Drake bell didn't voice him in WoS. That voice was terrible though.

Drake voices for the ultimate show, and he's actually really good, I WISH he'd do a game, in a more serious story and manner he could excel.

Drake bell didn't voice him in WoS. That voice was terrible though.

Drake voices for the ultimate show, and he's actually really good, I WISH he'd do a game, in a more serious story and manner he could excel.

mike vaughn did.

wish gamestop would do a midnight launch. I have a paper due for college Wednesday, so I am finishing it now so I can play when I get it Tuesday morning.

wish gamestop would do a midnight launch. I have a paper due for college Wednesday, so I am finishing it now so I can play when I get it Tuesday morning.

No Gamestop will be doing one, they usually do those if there are a lot of pre-orders at a particular store and this game won't have enough.

Did the Oscorp bulding move? I would have sworn it was at the edge of the city in the first game, looks close to the middle now

The entire game was awesome. Take away the fact Drake Bell voices Spidey, and the fact the city is so dead for a current gen game, it is the best. I didn't even notice the webs didn't attach to buildings. Yet they still do a better job at it than TASM2. The momentum, the animations, the combat, the graphics. All very good. My favourite Spider-Man game, personally.

I hated it. The worst Spider-Man game ever, in my opinion.

Did the Oscorp bulding move? I would have sworn it was at the edge of the city in the first game, looks close to the middle now

Yeah, it was downtown (the southern tip) in TASM1 as well as a different design from the final building in the movie. I think Beenox said they didn't get the final design of the building from the movie people in time to get in the first game. Now it matches the movie version's design and location better in TASM2.

Yeah, it was downtown (the southern tip) in TASM1 as well as a different design from the final building in the movie. I think Beenox said they didn't get the final design of the building from the movie people in time to get in the first game. Now it matches the movie version's design and location better in TASM2.
cool, it would be awesome if they had the yellow cranes at night and you can reenact the swing to oscorp from the first movie.

Can someone with the game confirm & list all available crimes? All I know of is:

- Burning building
- Petty crime (some gang guys beating someone up)

Trophies suggest:
- Hideouts (gang hideouts or Oscorp hideouts where you have to get some intel?)
- Deadlocks
- Burning building
- Rescue situations? (Could be part of burning buildings etc.)
- Petty crimes

Last edited:
Can someone with the game confirm & list all available crimes? All I know of is:

- Burning building
- Petty crime (some gang guys beating someone up)

Trophies suggest:
- Hideouts (gang hideouts or Oscorp hideouts where you have to get some intel?)
- Deadlocks
- Burning building
- Rescue situations? (Could be part of burning buildings etc.)
- Petty crimes

-Russian hideouts apparently.
-No idea.
-That's in, but I think you rescue people from a roof? I've seen a burning building and you inside, but I don't know if that's a side quest or a story mission.
-No idea.
-Yes, those are in.

I'm guessing there are car chases too. Storyline is close to 5 hours apparently. Map seems full of a lot of activities though in the videos.

Last edited:
I do like the rapid web ball firing, but I wish they'd let you just shoot out a continuous line too. I think Spider-Man 3 was the last game to have that.
It is the last one

Yep, it did

I do wish that they had the ability to climb your web like Ultimate. Such a useful ability. Plus, seeing Spidey use it multiple times in TASM2 makes me wanna do it even more!

I do wish that they had the ability to climb your web like Ultimate. Such a useful ability. Plus, seeing Spidey use it multiple times in TASM2 makes me wanna do it even more!

pretty sure Beenox confirmed you can do this

The events of this game take place [blackout]two years after the death of Ben Parker[/blackout]
Definitely not parallel to the movie story

pretty sure Beenox confirmed you can do this

I read about it too but I can't find the post where Beenox confirmed it anymore. So far not a single video showcased it.

So, when does the embargo lift? When can we expect reviews bashing the game left and right but I'll enjoy it regardless (even though no Gwen...)?

//EDIT: I take back everything I said about lame burning building quests. I just watched a video where you had to get inside a burning building (via a window, no loading screen when entering) and find the people stuck inside. Some are covered with debris you have to web-rush away.

Last edited:
The events of this game take place [blackout]two years after the death of Ben Parker[/blackout]
Definitely not parallel to the movie story

Yea they confirmed that these movie games are inspired by the films but have there own storyline and continuity.

Yea they confirmed that these movie games are inspired by the films but have there own storyline and continuity.

Inspired is a good word to describe it. They used to say "adapts key moments of the movie" which, according to a friend, is not true at all. Story is "ok" though so there's that.

Okay so in anticipation of Amazing spiderman 2 I went back and played each spiderman game I have for about 40 min each, give or take 5 min. (only free roam games, but shattered did gave great combat in some parts)

I could rank these by story, graphics, voice actors, and more, but here is my ranking by open world web swinging, and why:

1) web of shadows: The game had a lot of problems, voice actors, brown dead city, terrible story and more. However the game did have great features: wall running and skidding using knees, fast momentum web swinging, thumbstick= direction of web. Too bad no motion blur/double jump/. you could really haul across the city and it looked great too.

2)spiderman 2: This was a CLOSE one, the game has possibly the best new York close to sm3, the web swinging was fast, blury, and intuitive. After the first 20 min I was back in the swing of things and it was great. the rest was awful, graphics, combat and voice actors. But the music and time of day changing was great.

3) Ultimate spiderman: the web slinging was slow, even with all uprgrades it still did not feel fast, the combat in random encounters is great, and this game aged better than spiderman 2 overall.

4) spiderman 3: Bassically spiderman 2, the city was bigger, more diverse, etc, but with the things missing from spiderman 2 the web swinging was not quite as good. Rest of the game was meh.

5) amazing spiderman: Webs from the sky... grr. I did like the IDEA of web rush, when they showed trailers, in game it is slow, boring ( ie it does not do cool manuvers, usually just web zip), and web rush slowed down the bad swinging.

Just my opinion. Looking forward to this game.

Edit: Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed all of them, love spidey games, this is just my personal list.

I know it's not free-roam but Shattered Dimensions places high on my list because of the awesome level themes and interesting boss fights. I love that the game had 13 different villains in it. Every Spidey game needs that level of variety. The only place that game really falters is in terms of the web swinging which was inconsistent and not well-utilized.

The other games you listed are pretty cool though. Spidey 2 was amazing for its time but had a crap story/combat. Swinging was so addictive though. Web of Shadows had amazing gameplay, but I despised the voice actor for Spider-man. Spider-man 3 wasn't particularly good, the quicktime events really sucked and punished you, but it sure had a cinematic feel when engaging in missions. ASM brought back the cinematic feel and had decent combat, there just wasn't much soul to the game and the boss fights mostly sucked. I really can't say I liked USM though. I was even reading the comics at the time it came out and that game disappointed the hell out of me. I hated how every boss fight required you to chase the villain and they would just randomly change height or direction on a whim and lose you, forcing a restart.

Worst Spidey games are probably Friend or Foe and Edge of Time though.

So...

This might be the last Activision Spider-Man game ever. Finally, right?

Just watched some walkthroughs for spider man 2 and my oh my...Tobey's voice acting was horrible.

I love the car chase part in this game where Spidey launches himself in the air and lands on the car, causing all the windows to crack. Really made me go "DAYUM."

I know it's not free-roam but Shattered Dimensions places high on my list because of the awesome level themes and interesting boss fights. I love that the game had 13 different villains in it. Every Spidey game needs that level of variety. The only place that game really falters is in terms of the web swinging which was inconsistent and not well-utilized.

The other games you listed are pretty cool though. Spidey 2 was amazing for its time but had a crap story/combat. Swinging was so addictive though. Web of Shadows had amazing gameplay, but I despised the voice actor for Spider-man. Spider-man 3 wasn't particularly good, the quicktime events really sucked and punished you, but it sure had a cinematic feel when engaging in missions. ASM brought back the cinematic feel and had decent combat, there just wasn't much soul to the game and the boss fights mostly sucked. I really can't say I liked USM though. I was even reading the comics at the time it came out and that game disappointed the hell out of me. I hated how every boss fight required you to chase the villain and they would just randomly change height or direction on a whim and lose you, forcing a restart.

Worst Spidey games are probably Friend or Foe and Edge of Time though.

Nice post. I respect your opinion but I don't understand how you feel SM2's combat was bad. He had a lot of really cool combos once you upgraded and a lot of the combos were very Spider-like and fun to use. The combos fit Spider-man's personality and they showcased his agility,strength,and his use of webbing. Imo that combat system made sense. There were no automated moves you had to input the commands and if a combo required a web you HAD to press triangle to use it. I also liked how Spiderman's movement was more dynamic in certain combos. He fought on the ground,straight up,and in the air. Another great aspect of the game itself was that it had a manual web system that could function as it's own entity. You could tie up bad guys,throw them in the air,grab them,web blast them,and finally spend them around.

Beenox's combat in ASM1/ASM2 and even some of Shattered Dimensions is very ground based. Spiderman is usually always standing straight up and he hardly ever changes his levels. There is also no manual web system present in their games. For some reason they believe that web shoot is the only way Spiderman should be able to fire his webs. Not to mention they have not changed the horrible looking animations he uses. The targeting system is off and most of the time the webs might hit the ground and in some extreme cases you can't even aim high. It's always in front of him.Weblines are mixed into to combat regardless if you use them or not and most of the "Upgrades" like Disarm are automated.

- Burning building (Yep)
- Petty crime (some gang guys beating someone up) (kinda of)

Trophies suggest:
- Hideouts (gang hideouts or Oscorp hideouts where you have to get some intel?) (Suits)
- Deadlocks Yep
- Burning building Yep
- Rescue situations? (Could be part of burning buildings etc.) (Car chase and other things)
- Petty crimes

Most of this.

I love the car chase part in this game where Spidey launches himself in the air and lands on the car, causing all the windows to crack. Really made me go "DAYUM."

Its awesome when Spidey do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"