• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was blown away by how well it's aged. I hadn't played it for years, put it in the xbox, and even the graphics are still really good!

Right? I love how the character models react to the lighting. It looks fluid too.

Why not give the Lizard a snout? Why not give Electro a yellow bolt mask on his face? Why not make the Rhino suit attached to Paul's skin?

Because Webb doesn't know how to make a good villain design?

Why not give the Lizard a snout? Why not give Electro a yellow bolt mask on his face? Why not make the Rhino suit attached to Paul's skin?

You're dealing with comic book characters, the questions are endless.

You miss the point.

I say we get back to the game now. Take it over to the Goblin thread.

I hope this game has a day-night thing as well as the ability to change it at will.

Sorry a close up of his eye? That looks like it could be Bruce Banner turning into the Hulk just as much...
The lighting is what is coloring him green.

No it wouldn't look at the facial models of any three live action Hulks. They have a different skin tone, texture and have much, much more muscular features.

Yes, his skin isn't as green but it's still green, if he wasn't decaying/dying froma disease then it would look greener.

Interesting you bring up lighting, his skin can look reasonably nTheormal. That's due to lighting. Even look at some of the scenes in the film with very poor lighting with Spider-Man. The blue on the new suit is very vibrant but it can look almost black.

Usual suspects derailing another thread, where the bans at? This website gets so annoying sometimes.

So you are admitting you're a Webb apologist? Alright then, thanks for the knowledge!

Not even close. That's rich coming from a Bay apologist. That signature, what an insult to the Spider-Man world.

Exactly. The gameplay is quite good, but the graphics were what blew me away. Because of the style choice they went with, I would go as far to say that it holds up better than quite a few 360 games

Exactly. The gameplay is quite good, but the graphics were what blew me away. Because of the style choice they went with, I would go as far to say that it holds up better than quite a few 360 games

Agreed. It is one of my favorite Spidey games.

It was confirmed that there are day/night settings in the game but they can only be accessed by going to Peters house in Queens/safehouse. They first wanted to have a selector when leaving your safehouse but changed it to be randomized every time you go back to the city. A nice touch I have to say, I usually only had one setting I played in because it was easier to get comic book pages at night time.

They said it does not, but when you go to Peter's house it changes the time of day, kinda like in the first game. I don't think you can change it to what ever you want though, I think it's random. That was one of the questions they were answering on facebook last week I believe

Because Webb doesn't know how to make a good villain design?

Even Marvel are embarresed by the mask. It looked terrible, not surprising every single adaption of Electro hasn't had the mask in the past 15 years. Even 616 did away with it.

Not even close. That's rich coming from a Bay apologist. That signature, what an insult to the Spider-Man world.

Uh, no Bay apologist am I. When have I ever said anything positive about a Bay production? Please shoot me a post where I have. Also, buddy boy, my signature isn't even Michael Bay positive lol. I will not defend a single criticism about them. The TF movies are not good films, I enjoy 1 and 3 for what they are, which is stupid dumb action flicks with no plot. Which is not something I would suspect for a Spider-Man film.

Even Marvel are embarresed by the mask. It looked terrible, not surprising every single adaption of Electro hasn't had the mask in the past 15 years. Even 616 did away with it.

I meant mainly Lizard and Goblin and Rhino lol. Electro I'm always open to new interpretation of it (not Dr. Manhattan though), although SM4 concept art had a cool way to use Electro's mask by explaining his face and body was made of pure energy.

Spider_Man_4_Electro_design_by_Kidsworld.jpg

Thank God we'll never see that Electro on the big screen for at least another 10-15 years or so...

I meant mainly Lizard and Goblin and Rhino lol. Electro I'm always open to new interpretation of it (not Dr. Manhattan though), although SM4 concept art had a cool way to use Electro's mask by explaining his face and body was made of pure energy.

That looks dumb. Can we talk about the dang game now? Go to the lounge thread and discuss this.

It was confirmed that there are day/night settings in the game but they can only be accessed by going to Peters house in Queens/safehouse. They first wanted to have a selector when leaving your safehouse but changed it to be randomized every time you go back to the city. A nice touch I have to say, I usually only had one setting I played in because it was easier to get comic book pages at night time.

Ugh that sucks. I mean it is better than Web of Shadows (only one setting until you move on in story mode) but still, I liked choosing.

You miss the point. He resembles a version of him in the comics. Look up Ultimate Electro.

As for Lizard he looks similar to how Steve Ditko drew him. You may not like it but it is faithful to how he looked back in the very beginning. Webb had a good reason too, they want to show facial features and expressions. You can see emotions. Plus, having him go full animal would look silly if he talked intellegently. The film stresses Conners wanted to actually improve humanity, faster, smarter and such, you couldn't by that if he looked like a Jurrassic Park Dinosaur.

The problem with Webb's Lizard was that the whole body was very Lizard like while the face was just too human like. He could have looked more reptilian but still show human emotions, look up some of the concept art :up:

Your Goblin argument has some truth, he had greener skin in the comics and had a hood. I'll wait untill I see the film on thursday before passing judgement.

Also about SM4's Electro... Black Cat flashes her **** at him lol

Ugh that sucks. I mean it is better than Web of Shadows (only one setting until you move on in story mode) but still, I liked choosing.

If you can manually change between night and day doesn't that eliminate the fun of it? I thought the purpose was for the background transition or emphasis on certain levels/missions?

If you can manually change between night and day doesn't that eliminate the fun of it? I thought the purpose was for the background transition or emphasis on certain levels/missions?

No I liked manually choosing. In the game Crackdown, they had a cheatmode where instead of the day-night thing you can just choose it as well through a menu. I liked the freedom of both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"