The Amazing Spider-Man 2 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Video Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
seeing that still, makes me WISH THAT was the spider they used on the ASM 2 costume in the movie.

but they have to difference themselves at least with that

Not true. The Batman Begins game was pretty good. Any game can be great if the team behind it works hard enough.

Yes but does it have just as much potential to be good as Arkham Asylum and Arkham City were? I doubt that due to the extreme limit on villains they would have, the limits on the story and characters they would have, and the lack of certain gadgets, certain physical skills, and certain mental skills due to Nolan's Batman being more grounded. Doing two games based on the comics gave Rocksteady a lot more creative freedom and room to do what they wanted.

1A8E7E1AD74819F34AAA49B6ECEC8D63D4D0B6CC

THAT is New York City. Sad how Shattered Dimensions nailed it in a menu two years ago

Too bad the best looking New York City was in a game that wasn't even open world.

Dee said it was a scheduling conflict, it's not either companies' fault.

Thanks for clearing that up. It sounds as though at least Beenox made the attempt to get Andrew to do the voice acting. Even if the schedule doesn't allow Andrew for ASM2 the game, this is one area that I am not even slightly concerned about. Beenox has had nothing but stellar voice actors imo.

im excited that whatever spidey game comes out next will be for the next gen consoles.

I honestly wouldn't mind a smaller, USM scaled NYC, but with Arkham level detail and a populated city that reacted to your presence. More unlockable (NON DLC!) suits would be great too
Indeed

Some? with the exception of Spider-Man himself, the models in that game, especially Gwen, looked awful imo
I like the models of Whitney, Alistair, Curt Connors, and Black Cat

Big time pro tip...
LET GO OF BEENOX. Let Rocksteady handle it, and we all good.
After 2017

Well Rocksteady is owned by Warner Brothers, so that isn't going to happen.
So? If Lego Marvel games is built by a WB owned game company I don't see a reason to say "Rocksteady can't loan a Disney character"

For the love of God, let Andrew voice Spider-Man this time. That's all I ask. Couldn't care less about anything else.
I hope to hear how he sounds in the video game as well

im excited that whatever spidey game comes out next will be for the next gen consoles.
Agreed. There's no excuse for not having a large, interactive New York when we're dealing with the PS4 and the next Xbox. There's also no excuse for not being able to go to the Statue of Liberty next time, either. :cwink:

Is it just me, or is it that for every generation of consoles the first Spidey game released is based on a movie? Aside from the PS1 that ended its trend before Spider-Man movies begin
PS2/XBox/NGC: Spider-Man the Movie
PS3/XBox 360/Wii: Spider-Man 3
PS4/XBox (I forgot the number, not 720)/Wii U: The Amazing Spider-Man sequel

^ Actually the first Spidey game on the Wii U is the first Amazing Spider-Man movie game. Came out on that console last week.

Still a movie game
Is it more like the XBox version or another Wii version with 3DS controls attached to it?

If there's one thing I know, it's Rockstar is good at making city's to roam in, and is good at the free roam thing in general. I'd be perfectly comfortable with them developing a Spider-Man game. They just need to make sure they have an agile and effective combat system, great visuals, the best physics and control possible, and swinging even better than SM2.

If there's one thing I know, it's Rockstar is good at making city's to roam in, and is good at the free roam thing in general. I'd be perfectly comfortable with them developing a Spider-Man game. They just need to make sure they have an agile and effective combat system, great visuals, the best physics and control possible, and swinging even better than SM2.

i'd only be worried about the swinging mechanics, but yeah Rockstar would definitely make the best New York ever seen if they had the chance

EXACTLY, since they have already done that. id love them to get the swinging as similar to the crane scene as possible...cause the final swing would be pretty difficult, but man.

I'd prefer Avalanche studios (Just Cause 1 & 2) or THQ (Saints Row series, third is pretty good)

Is that when their contract expires?

(pleasesaynopleasesaynopleasesayno)
Unfortunately to most people, yes, that's when their contract will expire

I hope that in the sequel they really step up with the web rush function. It was a cool idea, but kinda half-assed. The dynamics aren't realistic, it looks like he's jumping on the moon. Ideally it should work like free flow for acrobatics. Also speaking of free flow, the free flow combat is a little choppy. I know it could be done better, just look at arkham city!

Now complaints with the free roam. The city could have more activities though like Spider-Man 2

I hope that in the sequel they really step up with the web rush function. It was a cool idea, but kinda half-assed. The dynamics aren't realistic, it looks like he's jumping on the moon.
He's the fracking Spider-Man, he can zip himself that much
Enjoy the fun and don't be too demanding in restricting physics
Now complaints with the free roam. The city could have more activities though like Spider-Man 2
Definitely
I wish they could do it like Ultimate Spider-Man, you must do this amount of jobs to complete the game 100%, but you can still do a lot more
And more boss fights in the street like Shocker and Boomerang in Ultimate

Enjoy the fun and don't be too demanding in restricting physics

Well, it could have a little less zipping and a little more parkour oriented stuff. If they'd improve on that part, I'd be fine with basics like wall run, web swinging and regular web zipping

RockStar won't touch a licensed product like this.

I'd prefer Avalanche studios (Just Cause 1 & 2) or THQ (Saints Row series, third is pretty good)

Unfortunately to most people, yes, that's when their contract will expire
I would be fine with those two as well. Like I said before, we need people who can get the free roam right. But we also need people who can get the Spider-Man factor right as well. I wonder how THQ or Avalanche would do on those grounds...

Enjoy the fun and don't be too demanding in restricting physics. Definitely
I wish they could do it like Ultimate Spider-Man, you must do this amount of jobs to complete the game 100%, but you can still do a lot more
And more boss fights in the street like Shocker and Boomerang in Ultimate

Ultimate Spider-Man still could have used better jobs and random crimes. But I definitely agree on the mini-bosses like Shocker and Boomerang. I hope they bring them back, but make them slighty more difficult to defeat. I could take down Boomerang with a few Bounce Attacks alone...

I would be fine with those two as well. Like I said before, we need people who can get the free roam right. But we also need people who can get the Spider-Man factor right as well. I wonder how THQ or Avalanche would do on those grounds...
Just Cause 2 reminds me a little of the first movie game when I aim at another wall and zip a line, I guess they can do pretty well handling the Spider-Man part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"