The Apatow crew should remake "Stripes"

NotFadeAway

Superhero
Reaction score
I'm usually against remakes and I don't approve of the current cycle of remakes being made left and right, but in this case I'm all for it. Stripes, featuring Bill Murray, John Candy Harold Ramis, John Larroquette, and Judge Reinhold is one of my favorite comedies of all time, I laugh my ass off through the whole movie. The complete and utter lack of respect Murray and co. show for the military is hilarious to me for some reason.

With that being said, I'd love seeing the Apatow crew spend a movie goofing off in the army. I can already laugh picturing Rogan, Segal, Rudd, Jonah Hill, Michael Cera, Bill Hader, etc etc going through basic training and making comment and comment after comment, trying to sneak weed into the barracks, fighting the Czech army, all that stuff.

And to top it off, I think R. Lee. Ermey should be cast as the drill sergeant and act just as he did in Full Metal Jacket. This could be comedic gold waiting to happen. Wishful thinking I guess.

They could do an army comedy, but they should not remake Stripes. Simply because they're not funny, and would be ruining a comedy classic.

I'm with Ferret on this one.

They should just make a new film. 40 Year Old Super Bad Drill Sergeant.

no, the Apatow Crew are funny. But they shouldn't redo Stripes.

As much as I think Apatow and his guys could do a good remake, I'm against it. I do agree, however, that they could probably come up with a good, original idea for an armed forces comedy. It'd be a tough project, though, as most comedies of that sort suck donkey balls. M*A*S*H and Stripes are the only two good ones I can think of. Down Periscope isn't all that bad, but it's not quite on the same level as the other two.

If its one of the funniest movies of all time, why should they remake it? Is there something wrong with the original?

I'm usually against remakes and I don't approve of the current cycle of remakes being made left and right, but in this case I'm all for it. Stripes, featuring Bill Murray, John Candy Harold Ramis, John Larroquette, and Judge Reinhold is one of my favorite comedies of all time, I laugh my ass off through the whole movie. The complete and utter lack of respect Murray and co. show for the military is hilarious to me for some reason.

With that being said, I'd love seeing the Apatow crew spend a movie goofing off in the army. I can already laugh picturing Rogan, Segal, Rudd, Jonah Hill, Michael Cera, Bill Hader, etc etc going through basic training and making comment and comment after comment, trying to sneak weed into the barracks, fighting the Czech army, all that stuff.

And to top it off, I think R. Lee. Ermey should be cast as the drill sergeant and act just as he did in Full Metal Jacket. This could be comedic gold waiting to happen. Wishful thinking I guess.
killself.gif

Well, you don't seem to like very much of anything. Especially not good things. :csad:

"Good" is in the eye of the beholder, and I haven't seen anything good from the Apatow guys. :oldrazz:

What would a ferret know about humor?
Even a super one, like yourself.

I know what makes me laugh, and what doesn't. The Apatow stuff is one of the few things that don't.

given that this isn't the early peacetime cold-war 80's, considering that being in the army in the U.S. right now is no joke and people know that (see Delta Farce B.O. reception), I think this is a really bad idea.

Delta Farce is almost universally considered awful. You can still poke fun at the military, you just have to do it well for it to work.

I know what makes me laugh, and what doesn't. The Apatow stuff is one of the few things that don't.

You may not think the Apatow crew/films are funny but please don't say you find anything from Seth Mcfarlane funny.:csad:

I enjoy Family Guy, but it's different.

given that this isn't the early peacetime cold-war 80's, considering that being in the army in the U.S. right now is no joke and people know that (see Delta Farce B.O. reception), I think this is a really bad idea.
But Larry TheCable Guy was in it, so what do you expect?:yay:

You may not think the Apatow crew/films are funny but please don't say you find anything from Seth Mcfarlane funny.:csad:
But uh, Seth MacFarlane is really, really funny. :huh:

So now they want to take my beloved Stripes and **** all over that:o

I hate Hollywood sometimes:cmad:

So now they want to take my beloved Stripes and **** all over that:o

I hate Hollywood sometimes:cmad:
Its not happening if you read it.

The person just said he would like to see it happen. Its not being remade, so settle your jeans down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"