World The Astonishing Ant-Man comics

chamber-music

Infinity Ammo
Reaction score
I thought I would do a thread to discuss the Ant-Man comics.

The Astonishing Ant-Man 1 was pretty good.

Darren Cross not having control of his size changing abilities. Creepy man child Augustine Cross acting like a sycophant.

The return of the new Power Broker and his Hench app. Whirlwind kicking Scott's ass.

Detective Blake still hating Scott and Superheroes.

So Spencer continued his quest to revive and update Ant-Man's rogue gallery in this weeks Ant-Man issue with the début appearance from the offspring of a original Tales To Astonish villain

So Spencer continued his quest to revive and update Ant-Man's rogue gallery in this weeks Ant-Man issue with the début appearance from the offspring of a original Tales To Astonish villain

I'm liking what he's doing a lot. he's kept his promise by not only building up Ant-man's rogues gallery but also putting a lang-centric twist to it. seems that he will be leading some of them as part of a heist outfit.

the art showed Grizzly, Machinesmith, the Magician, Beetle, and the Voice. Whirlwind is supposed to be around too. I wonder if the plans to use Porcupine were scrapped; because of his reformation in 'Spider-woman.'

latest issue read shorter than usual. but at least the story is ramping up to something. I've been waiting forever for him to assemble his criminal gang. I don't know how I feel about the new Plant Man. he's not that charismatic. but it's good to see Ant-Man's rogues gallery expand. love the use of the Power Broker.

I'm guessing assembling a criminal gang to break into Cross Technologies is what lands him in prison again.

I'm guessing assembling a criminal gang to break into Cross Technologies is what lands him in prison again.

seems obvious, right? my bet is that he actually takes the fall for Cassie; to keep her out of the system. Spencer rarely goes the obvious route. I couldn't have imagined Scott hooking up with Beetle; for instance.

The latest Ant-Man villains issue was great. I like the blue collar villains vibe which reminded me of The Flash Rouges.

Supervillain 101 was great as well. Whirlwind, Hijacker and The Voice schooling The Magician on which area of New York to go to avoid the more violent superheroes.

Nice seeing the Cross family again as well.

The latest Ant-Man villains issue was great. I like the blue collar villains vibe which reminded me of The Flash Rouges.

Supervillain 101 was great as well. Whirlwind, Hijacker and The Voice schooling The Magician on which area of New York to go to avoid the more violent superheroes.

Nice seeing the Cross family again as well.

currently, it's reading very much like a continuation of Spencer's Superior Foes book. Janice just traded Boomerang for Ant-Man. I would like to hear more about the introductory villain rules. I always assumed that they stole from the newb villains. I think it happened to Blizzard, once. it'd be great if Spencer brought back the supervillain equivalent to Night Nurse.

I have been hearing some really good things about this series. Knowing Nick Spencer is writing makes me happy. I loved his run on the Superior Foes of Spider-Man. Freakin' fantastic series that I wish would have gone on a bit longer.

Now that I have Marvel Unlimited I'm going to have to start digging into this awesomeness.

Ant-Man is very much a continuation in tone of Superior Foes of Spider-Man. Beetle is a recurring character in the book as well.

Where is Cassandra Lang now? I was extremely disappointed when it because clear that Scott and Cassie were not getting a series together. Instead they went with Nadia who I hate. Where can I find Cassie now? Because after the Ant-Man and the Wasp movie, it becomes extraordinarily bothersome that the current book of that name did not have Cassie take up the mantle of Wasp to team up with her dad. Instead, she was kicked to the curb for *barf* Nadia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"