The Villain of Ant-Man and the Wasp

DaddlerTheDalek

Starship Captain
Reaction score
With Yellowjacket (Darren Cross) gone. Who do you think should be the main antagonist of Ant-Man and the Wasp? Who would you like to see?

Too bad he's a Spider Man villain and off limits, but Swarm would be awesome to see using this movie's FX.

Egghead is a good safe choice; you can kind of go anywhere with a classical mad scientist.

If it's Mitch Carson, then there could be a cool way to tie together the modern story with the 80's ant-man and the wasp action.

Egghead comes to my mind.

But seeing what they did to Yellowjacket, maybe Giant Man?

Ant-Man is rumored to go Giant-Man sized in Captain America: Civil War.

I think they should avoid going the route of having a villain with the same power set again.

Egghead would be ok teamed up with another villain to serve as a physical threat.

Some decent villains they could use would include Egghead, Whirlwind, Living Laser, and the evil Black Knight (Nathan Garrett).

Goliath.

639.jpg

It was recently said that Baron Zemo will have a bigger role in an upcoming movie, and Marvel is heavily pushing the Masters of Evil and Thunderbolts in other media.

My theory is we will see Goliath in some capacity, setting him up to be part of Zemo's Masters of Evil or Thunderbolts in Infinity War. He could even get his powers from the Pym Particles Carson stole.

Last edited:
It would be cool if the Power Broker is the one to outfit Goliath or whoever else Mitch Carson gives the Cross Particles to.

Power Broker has been a recurring villain in the current Ant-Man book.

Too bad he's a Spider Man villain and off limits, but Swarm would be awesome to see using this movie's FX.

Egghead is a good safe choice; you can kind of go anywhere with a classical mad scientist.

Why are Spidey villains off limits...?

Why are Spidey villains off limits...?

There would have to be a trade of some kind since Sony still owns the Spider-Man characters rights.

Ant-Man and The Wasp can have Swarm in exchange for an appearance of a MCU owned character to appear in a future Spider-Man or Venom film.

Maybe Daredevil could make an appearance in Spider-Man 2 or Ant-Man himself as an example.

Can't believe nobody has said Taskmaster yet.

Tasky would be great
he needs to appear in something

Some representation of Egghead and/or Goliath.

I think if Egghead found a way to control/influence Bill Foster and incorporate it into the "growing" aspect of Pym particles. Thus resulting in Lang's first endeavor as Giant Man later in the film.

However, I think Marvel's getting into dangerous (and annoying) territory making all the black characters sidekicks. So redemption and team-up would be out of the question for me. Maybe if he sacrificed himself to take down Egghead at the end of the film. That might be cool.

I also wouldn't mind seeing "the return of yellowjacket" maybe even just in a post-credits scene (later finding out it was Hank himself donning the costume).

Last edited:
my vote is for Monica Rappaccini/Advanced Idea Mechanics

I'll second the Whirlwind idea. Especially if they have him as a creepy stalker obsessed with the Wasp like in the comics. It could be a very scary angle we haven't seen in the movies yet (though Jessica Jones dealt with it on TV).

my vote is for Monica Rappaccini/Advanced Idea Mechanics

Yes! We need to get AIM back involved, especially now that Hydra has been so heavily trounced. If Advanced Idea Mechanics died with Killian in IM3, then that it a shameful waste of an awesomely evil organization that has persisted for decades in the comics.

I think we may see a obsessed Whirlwind but not one taken to the extremes of Geoff John's version.
Yes! We need to get AIM back involved, especially now that Hydra has been so heavily trounced. If Advanced Idea Mechanics died with Killian in IM3, then that it a shameful waste of an awesomely evil organization that has persisted for decades in the comics.

Kevin Feige said they would be back.

Whirlwind would be great, but he probably wouldn't get Big Bad status. AIM definitely needs to come back.

Whirlwind would be great, but he probably wouldn't get Big Bad status. AIM definitely needs to come back.

they could maybe build him a gyro-harness to give him "powers" (since being a mutant is out). or they could do the same thing through genetic experimentation. he still works as just muscle.

since Matt Gerald is no longer available, my casting choice for Whirlwind is Matt Schulze (Transporter, Fast & the Furious, etc). he just has that creeper thug look that would work well for someone semi-stalking the Wasp.

Word from Devin Faraci's CIVIL WAR review is that [BLACKOUT]Giant-Man[/BLACKOUT] shows up in CW and [BLACKOUT]Spider-Man[/BLACKOUT] fights him.

Word from Devin Faraci's CIVIL WAR review is that [BLACKOUT]Giant-Man[/BLACKOUT] shows up in CW and [BLACKOUT]Spider-Man[/BLACKOUT] fights him.

We've known this for quite some time.

We've known this for quite some time.

Well, it was news to me and Devin framed it as a "spoiler" in his review, so I thought it was a fresh scoop. My mistake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"