The Avenging Spider-Man(screenplay idea)

AvengingLeague

Civilian
Reaction score
Hey guys! Here's an idea that I've been playing with for about a few days. The Avenging Spider-Man(Loosely based on the Disney XD series Ultimate Spider-Man) would serve as a crossover between the Marc Webb reboot, Marvel Cinematic Universe, and maybe even the X-Men films. It would involve Nick Fury and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. recruiting Peter Parker to join S.H.I.E.L.D. along with other kids like him with powers to become a better hero. I don't have all of the details of my story yet, but so far I would like Tony Stark and Stark Industries to have some involvement in my story(which would feature the Iron Spider suit), a planned Wolverine cameo(for comedy relief and a way to connect the X-Men films to my film idea along with references to the franchise), and to feature the characters from the upcoming S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot planned to be on ABC(which means I want Agent Coulson to be involved some how but will wait till it airs). Now here are the things I'm worried about so far: I want my story to fit into the MCU while connecting the Spider-Man reboot to it, but I don't want to alter continuity then what we will later learn. Now what I'm wondering is, how do you guys think I should play this idea(make sure it's continuity safe)? And also...what do you guys think? Any characters you think I should put in my idea? Can't wait for feedback! :yay:

Imho, I think u should ditch trying to fit the Spider-Man Reboot into it... Your story can pick up a year after Peter becomes Spider-Man....

But if you really want the reboot tied to the MCU, I would say that Amazing Spider-Man film happened a year prior to the Avengers New York incident... This would put the reboot in the same timeframe as Thor, Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man 2.

At this point even though Spider-Man is a hero Jameson paints him as a villain through the media, which gives him a bad rep with the majority of New York. Ad given the fact that he causes a lot of damage to private property while saving the day, Jameson's rants seems legit. Spider-Man causes more damage then good.

After New York, Nick Fury gets Coulson to find him more super humans, with the Avengers now a team on their own, Fury really wants a superhero team of his own.

Coulson checks out Spider-Man wants to recruits him, but Spidey, still abin shaken up from the New York Alien attack, and he feels his dong pretty well on his own and decides not to join.

I think it's real fun to add in other characters and heroes but essentially you don't want to lose what's the story really about, which is Spider-Man... The story has to be about him. What do you want the story to say about Spider-Man? I think you could really turn this into a story about Peter finding out that he doesn't have to do this alone... That sometimes you need help, and that there is nothing wrong with asking for help.

If you add in Wolverine, he should definietly come in, close to the end of the second act... in role that could be described as an extended cameo... Offering Spidey advice, sent by Coulson to talk to pete, letting him know about his own experiences and how the X-Men became his family and how SHIELD could possibly do the same for Peter.

After his battle (with A WHOLE LOT OF HELP from SHIELD) against the Sinister Six, he joins in SHIELD... Coulson brings in his new team mates which include She-Hulk, Colossus, Vision and Daredevil (a real mixed bag of characters)...

Honestly don't try and over complicate it, keep it simple and you might actually end up with something glorious!

You know M-2, I really like your idea of placing ASM around Hulk, IM2, and Thor! And so far, I'm liking everything else, except the ideas of having some other popular characters part of Spidey's team(She-Hulk,Vision,Daredevil,etc.) because I fear they will get films in the future. I'm looking for more "lesser known" heroes from the comics that are around Peter's age. Do you know of any?

And also really, should I wait for the other films to come out(The Amazing Spider-Man 2, MCU Phase 2, etc.) before I start to write? Because I feel like I don't want to screw up continuity! Is there anyway I can write around all of those films so I don't screw it up too much?

Mmm well when it comes to characters Peter's age, its a little difficult, because if u look at the comics, Peter is younger then most Avengers but older then the Young Avengers lol... That's why the ultimate Spider-Man made Luke Cage and Iron Fist teenagers, and took Sam Alexander (Nova) and White Tiger, who are teens in the current comic continuity.

But maybe Black Cat, Johnny Storm, Mockingbird, Jessica Jones, Shang-Chi and Nova (Richard Rider - he was more or less the same age as Peter when he became Nova). These are just the characters I can think of at the moment, maybe Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch and there a few X-Men characters like Jubilee, Polaris or something.

When it comes to story, write your story, write about Spider-Man and what you want to say about the character.... Continuity shouldn't be a problem, if u look at something like Avengers and even the Dark Knight, Avengers had 5 films prior to release and TDK had Batman Begins, but both films could stand on its own. Sure there are strands that follow, but its never that big, that people who never watched any of the prior films would feel lost if they only watched Avengers and TDK.

if your story is leaning to much on other films, then its not going to be good. It needs to breath on its own, and have little nods, or some throw away line that just shows that little bit of continuity from a past film... Like in Avengers when Banner says, "last time I was in Harlem, I broke it" or something to that effect. Sure fans who watched the Incredible Hulk, knows the reference while fans who never did, don't really dwell on it, and just take it as if the hulk did some major damage.

Right your story and don't worry about what's going on with the films, when u done with your first draft, that's the time you go back and fine tune it, and add appropriate references in, but past films shouldn't change your story. Avengers can simply be viewed as a film about Special Individuals who shouldn't get along, but become a family.

Let's say u have Nick Fury recruiting spider-man giving him a hard time or whatever, and now in the films you have Fury, on the run and in hiding for whatever reason. You just revise your story so that Maria Hill is now the director of SHIELD, and she's the one trying to recruit spider-man...

Sure her interactions with Spidey, and agents would be different, but the Spidey's arc in the story will remain the same...

Hope that helps

Last edited:
Thanks man! That advice helps a bit! :)

Say, I got an idea, what if I used some of the members of the Avengers Academy comics as part of Spidey's team?

By the way, I do plan on having Nick Fury helping recruit Peter since to me he is the face of S.H.I.E.L.D. And one of my must haves is Agent Phil Coulson having a presence in my screenplay. How do you think I could work around his death so that I can resurrect him without any other fans not thinking it was a stupid idea? Should I at least wait for the S.H.I.E.L.D. show since I don't know if it takes place before or after The Avengers?

You can, but go through the list of Marvel characters on wikipedia to make sure that you not forgetting other characters who can maybe work better for Spidey.

The characters you chose should complement Spidey. Thats kinda why White Tiger was chosen for Ultimate Spidey, they might not have teamed up in the comics, since she is in the Academy, but her personality and skill set works quite well with his own. I think just look for the characters you think is the best fit to assist Spidey.

lol yeah when it comes to Coulson I think you should definitely wait to see whats being done with him on the SHIELD TV series. but for now i think you can start writing, after all if its before the Avengers, then i guess your Film should be before the Avengers too. but if it is after the Avengers then i guess you safe.

But you wont have to mention his "death" at all, since how would Spidey have known what had happen. So Coulson role would stay the same regardless of the fact that he is going to die or is resurrected.

But if you want your film to take place after the Avengers, and lets just say, its confirmed that Coulson is dead as the TV series is set prior to that. Then I would say go with Clay Quartermain... His a fan favorite, most of us were expecting to see him step in as Nick's right hand man in the films by now, since he was Nick's Number One man in the comics for many years.

Glad i could help out! Good luck with that... You should inbox me when you done with a draft i would love to read it.

Maybe team Spidey up with Cloak and Dagger. They're low key, second string characters around Spidey's age, and I don't think they will be getting any big screen treatment anytime soon.

Hey guys, I thought I'd provide more updates on my screenplay idea!

I've decided to keep White Tiger and Nova from the original cartoon since they seem to be important in the series and the only original characters in the comics that weren't turned into kids(I'm looking at Iron Fist and Power Man or Luke Cage).

Since it's now known that the S.H.I.E.L.D. will take place after The Avengers(Coulson Lives!), my idea will have Agent Coulson and the other cast members of S.H.I.E.L.D.(Nick Fury, Maria Hill, and Jasper Sitwell included) will appear as supporting people as Peter Parker enters the world of S.H.I.E.L.D.(think of a Spider-Man and S.H.I.E.L.D. crossover).

I also plan on(when the Spider-Man Marc Webb films get around to this) having the events of "The Night Gwen Stacy Died" playing a big factor in the film her death prompting Spider-Man to join S.H.I.E.L.D. to become a better hero.

I really plan on writing a draft of the script(god-willing) in 2015 likely after I've seen The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and The Avengers 2(and all films leading up to it). In the mean-time, all I can do is plan for story ideas and write a treatment that will constantly be rewritten by what events happen in the movie so there's no continuity problems...like the X-Men films. :p

Speaking of which, I can cutting the Wolverine cameo from my draft since Mark Millar at 20th Century Fox is putting together his own Marvel Movie Universe(includes X-Men films and even the Fantastic Four reboot)...I feel it's best to leave that one alone and just focus on the Marvel Cinematic Universe and The Amazing Spider-Man-Verse.

I'm still contemplating on who should be the villains. The Sinister Six(composed of lesser-known villains)? The Beetle? I'm not really sure at this point.

I also plan(going by the synopsis of TASM2) to show Peter Parker in the real world by going to college and showing what he does for a job(Daily Bugle likely).

Any thoughts so far on my updates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"