Justice League The Bat/Supes Dynamic

DoomsdayApex

Avenger
Reaction score
As we've noticed, whether it be in the comics or animated shows, the relationship between the Dark Knight and the Man of Steel is at times uneasy, complicated, fulfilling, playful, tense, touching, competitive, etc. In a nutshell, both have a strong and trusting bond with admiration and mutual respect for each other, yet they don't see eye-to-eye on many occasions based on their personalities, methods and philosophical views. So considering that a live-action adaptation of the partnership is possibly on the horizon, how would you approach the daunting introduction to Batman and Superman, and handle the dynamic between the two (at the start, and as the franchise expands)?

Last edited:
I'm hoping for an Apollo/Midnighter type of relationship.

Hey, it would get people talking!

Im tired of seeing Supes and Bats fight.Want a good bromance-Something like Danny Ocean and Rusty Ryan.Well yeah they can fight but let it be a fight with equals not a Batman is right-Superman-is-a-touchy-feely-pansy fight which the Paul dini likes

Last edited:
Im tired of seeing Supes and Bats fight.Want a good bromance-Something like Danny Ocean and Rusty Ryan.Well yeah they can fight but let it be a fight with equals not a Batman is right-Superman-is-a-touchy-feely-pansy.

I don't see how the confrontations have been biased. In most cases, both are right and/or wrong, but the issue with Bats and Supes is how they differ when managing a situation.

Last edited:
Their dynamic should be that of parents dealing with a rebellious teen. They both have different parenting styles which both have flaws, but when together they can make a somewhat capable young adult. Or something like that... I don't know what I'm talking about...

As we've noticed, whether it be in the comics or animated shows, the relationship between the Dark Knight and the Man of Steel is at times uneasy, complicated, fulfilling, playful, tense, touching, competitive, etc. In a nutshell, both have a strong and trusting bond with admiration and mutual respect for each other, yet they don't see eye-to-eye on many occasions based on their personalities, methods and philosophical views. So considering that a live-action adaptation of the partnership is possibly on the horizon, how would you approach the daunting introduction to Batman and Superman, and handle the dynamic between the two (at the start, and as the franchise expands)?

What show is that clip from? I've seen it before but I can't put my finger on it...

But I think they should definitely fight. Not physically but disgree on almost everything at the start. Superman will see Bats as reckless, unprofessional, and unnecessarily rough while Bats will see Superman as too soft and naive. Of course by the end they'd have reached an understanding with each other and respected one another as heroes.

On this subject I think the whole team should clash at the beginning like Avengers/the New 52.

Wonder Woman would feel the need to show up Superman.

Green Lantern would Be condescending to the rest of the team since the threats the GL Corps face are bigger than any of them have seen.

Martian Manhunter would have his obvious reservations about humanity in general.

And it goes on.

They should do like the old World's Finest comics and refer to each other as "chum" and "old friend".

tumblr_m6cw7cWO0p1rzjphoo1_r1_400.jpg

1189404-jl_of_a_00_v3_page_20_super.jpg

Those two comic strips mostly sums up the respect they have for each other. But no doubt, there's alway tension between the two. I doubt it'll be a bromance like that of Xavier and Erik in X-men (before they became violent rivals), but it'll probably have a little bit of both their friendship and alliance, as well as their disagreements and rivalry.

they just have to make sure they dont wolverine/cyclops thier relationship

where people love the rebel and cant stand the stuck up boy scout

^ If anything, I think Batman would have a hard time getting along with someone like Wolverine. :woot:

Tense relationship. With Batman supplying most of the Tension. Superman reaching out to Batman several times with proverbial Olive branch, only to be shunned and condescended to.

The occasional verbal jabs between the two, one-liners by Batman, the occasional zingers. But in the end, the two work cooperatively inspite of a less than stellar repetoire between the two leaders of the JLA.

Timm/Dini dynamic would be cool. As long as their relationship isn't defined by them being complete a**holes to each other like Spider-Man and Human Torch. I hate it when those two get together.

Maybe like Wolverine / Cyclops? or Captain America / Iron Man.
problem there is syclops and cap are both very stoic in personality

superman should'nt

and especially with cyclops on film he was portrayed kind of obnoxious and stuck up boy scout

i dont want the scenario where people prefer the bad ass over the leader

aka wolverine/cyclops

I believe the relationship between the two in Justice League shouldn't parallel Captain/Stark or Cyclop/Wolverine. Now, I'm not suggesting that ego and tension shouldn't get in the way, but Clark's and Bruce's dynamic should carry it's own unique sense of rivalry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"