The Best Joker LOOK

For me, visually, it’s the following top three:

Ledger - TDK
Nicholson - Batman (1989)
Phoenix - Joker

I had high hopes for Leto— he really could have been a Joker straight from the comics

To me Nicholson's fixed permagrin actually looked weird but not in a cool eerie or intense way, more like de-intensifying, like emphasizing this is an actor/celebrity playing a character.

Hard to pick since there's a lot in all of them that I like. As much as people like to dump on Leto, I think when he's in the tuxedo and has that classic Alex Ross look, it's perfect. The 'damaged' tattoo is the only eyesore, but when he's dancing with Harley in that one scene, he looks great.

tumblr_oh3si5uNS21rp0vkjo1_500.gif

I personally wouldnt mind seeing Leto again as Joker but...even in this gif that grill....such a bad mistake for the character.

Yeah, the grills were the worst part of the look for me. Even worse than those tattoos.

Talk about a misguided attempt. One style of Joker I’ve always wanted to see was kind of a “rock star” Joker, like a psychotic version of David Bowie or Freddie Mercury. And when I first heard Leto was cast, I thought we might get something like that, lol especially since he’s in a rock band. Instead, Ayer and Leto gave us… that.

Talk about a misguided attempt. One style of Joker I’ve always wanted to see was kind of a “rock star” Joker, like a psychotic version of David Bowie or Freddie Mercury. And when I first heard Leto was cast, I thought we might get something like that, lol especially since he’s in a rock band. Instead, Ayer and Leto gave us… that.
Yup. I was hoping they'd really lean into the Ziggy Stardust, glam rock aesthetic of David Bowie. I think that, combined with Leto's general weirdness, was a perfect marriage of material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"