The Bishop/Lucas Thread

Reaction score
Bishop has only appeared in a X-Men movie and I think its time for a much more significant role, specifically as a X-Man.

Who will be the MCU Bishop?

All the multiversal shenanigans by the time of Secret Wars will mean that Bishop coming from the future will not be such a big deal as it once might have been and mean his introduction doesn’t have to be quite so delayed. From the third film onwards IMO, or in a dedicated show beforehand.

Hope they actually cast an Aboriginal Australian actor instead of just going with a black guy of African descent again. Don't know many aboriginal Australian actors to suggest, but would be nice to have.

I want to see him in the first film right away.

I feel like if we have him, Psylocke, Polaris, Gambit, Sunfire, Jubilee, Angel (not all of them of course) in Marvel Studios' X-Men. It would instantly look and feel different from the earlier X-Men movies, instead of going with the obvious choices (the Wolverine, Marvel Girl, Nightcrawler, Beast, the Professor, Magneto, Mystique).

It’s just his story being to do with the future that makes me not want all that affecting the first X-Men film. Once the team is fully established, doing more exotic things like time travel and Savage Land can come into play.

Would be cool to see her sister Shard as well.
Yeah, would be good to develop him further. He may get a show for his backstory at some point too.

Yeah, would be good to develop him further. He may get a show for his backstory at some point too.
Now I prefer a Marvel Studios' Special Presentation than a Disney+ Original Series.

Its done in 1 sitting and possibly won't drag a storyline for siX to nine weeks. And all that budget utilized for less than 2 hours of content.

Now I prefer a Marvel Studios' Special Presentation than a Disney+ Original Series.

Its done in 1 sitting and possibly won't drag a storyline for siX to nine weeks. And all that budget utilized for less than 2 hours of content.
It’s another good tool that should be used when appropriate for material that works better as a one and done.

If they adapt Hope's story in the MCU. Bishop would be the perfect Anti-Hero.

In the XCM, they surely altered his powers in a weird way. He can absorb any type of radiant energy, store it and then convert it into his signature red kinetic energy which charges his special rifle. How did he discover that anyway? And without the special laser gun, what use could the red energy ever had in the first place? This is interesting.

In the XCM, they surely altered his powers in a weird way. He can absorb any type of radiant energy, store it and then convert it into his signature red kinetic energy which charges his special rifle. How did he discover that anyway? And without the special laser gun, what use could the red energy ever had in the first place? This is interesting.
You likely won't get an answer to it.

Stephan James, 30 would be good as Bishop in the MCU

d9d09083bf66f6debab224753c9beec3f012fb84d8a3f2e5ae7e0ac52e11c5a8._BR-6_AC_SX720_FMjpg_.jpg

Hope they actually cast an Aboriginal Australian actor instead of just going with a black guy of African descent again. Don't know many aboriginal Australian actors to suggest, but would be nice to have.
Would be cool to see her sister Shard as well.

I still don't know who should be Bishop, but if they do decide to go with an Aboriginal Australian actor then Madeleine Madden could be a good Shard.
4911366667a3860148b921db4b5aa275.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"