Sequels The introduction of Bishop

Archangel_Death

Civilian
Reaction score
Okay, if/when a Bishop film, or the introduction of Bishop into another full length X-Men film is realized, would any of you have complaints about a half-black actor portraying him?*

Perhaps that is a totally irrelevant ?, but I do care what actual fans of the X-Men Universe think about it.

*Any fan of Lucas Bishop would know, he is at least part Aborigine, as Gateway is his great grandfather.

I have been working on a screenplay for almost 2 years now, and one of the focal points is that of Bishop. I'm sorry, I have yet to copyright my story, so I won't be divulging any information, even if by some chance, any of you thought it would be worth your time to read.

It's just that I would like to save this hallowed comic book franchise, from being further ruined by Hollywood, which is one of the most evil entities on Earth.

Please don't take that as my having an ego, as I only have a belief that my ideas are both creative/original.

I feel/know that some of the greatest mistakes made in the creations of these movies (and other comic book movies), were directors and writers not asking the fans what they thought first.

So, if you have any opinions on an X-Men film that would include Bishop, rather they be negative/positive in nature, I ask that you please share.

Well I've always seen him as an African American (as he was intended). It was stupid they did the whole Gateway thing. I would love to see him in the movies as he is one of my favorite characters. He could be like a former student who becomes a cop but still has ties. I don't know who could be cast though. I've always thought Busta Rhymes had his look or maybe Terrence Howard could pull it off.

IMHO, Lucas Bishop is the only chance that Fox has at reviving the X-Men movies. His "time travel mission" would unmake anything that X-Men: The Last Stand put into motion. Maybe not The Phoenix but definately the cure. Days of the Future Past storyline from the X-Men TAS was perfect w/ him in it. That would be a nice starting point to fix the Brett Ratner fiasco

IMHO, Lucas Bishop is the only chance that Fox has at reviving the X-Men movies. His "time travel mission" would unmake anything that X-Men: The Last Stand put into motion. Maybe not The Phoenix but definately the cure. Days of the Future Past storyline from the X-Men TAS was perfect w/ him in it. That would be a nice starting point to fix the Brett Ratner fiasco

Not sure why they have to undo the Phoenix or the cure. The Phoenix we saw was a clone :p and the cure is not permanent just like the Leech's ability showed us.

I'm not sure how time travel could work in the movieverse. It's quite tricky to do without creating paradoxes and/or plotholes. Scientific realism doesn't really matter in a world where shapeshifters and such exist, but it takes a great writer to write a proper time travel story.

My idea of Bishop is a mutant cop, who grew up in some tough place (for mutants) that looks and feels like a dystopian future. I'd probably just have some lines like "what if we could just go back in time" or "this is what the future will look like, if...". Either that, or I wouldn't make it clear if he really came back from the future, trying to prevent it, or he's just saying that for some reasons. Of course, I'm not a professional writer.

Changing the events already shown would be a really bad choice, imho. It would simply feel like bad fanfic.

Bishop is nothing more than a secondary character that should appear as either cameo or extended cameo in a possible x-men movie... sorry i just dont think Bishop the movie would work... the most positive way to use him in anything marvel is either two ways...

1. X-Men Origins: Wolverine 2 - as a detective either following wolverine or teams up with him to defeat whoever is the villian of the movie.

2. TV series based on Mutant Town - think like Heroes only there police officers, Detective Bishop - but this would only work if this lead on from him appearing as this in a movie and it was strong enough to fight on its own.

2. TV series based on Mutant Town - think like Heroes only there police officers, Detective Bishop - but this would only work if this lead on from him appearing as this in a movie and it was strong enough to fight on its own.

I like that idea. Although, Bishop doesn't have to appear in a film to shine. If this could set out as a part of MadroX/X-Factor Investigations, then he'd just "grow" his own spin-off, assuming a there's a good writer and someone more than decent cast for the role. We really need a X-based, proper, live action TV series.

Im writing an episode of what x-factor investigations would be like, i have included Bishop in the first episode will post it on here when im finished but i think bishop would give x-factor investigations a more 4 dimension tv series.

I hope they will introduce him in X-Men: Days of Future Past!

It seems the perfect opportunity to do so.

It would need a good actor. Will Smith? (but he's expensive!) Idris Elba? Cuba Gooding Jr? Laurence Fishburne? Noel Clarke?

Will Smith could be very expensive but this movie might perform very well (money-wise) especially at the international box-office if he's in the movie.

Idris Elba and Laurence Fishburne would be good too.

Will Smith could be very expensive but this movie might perform very well (money-wise) especially at the international box-office if he's in the movie.

Idris Elba and Laurence Fishburne would be good too.

Will Smith might overshadow the other cast members (especially if he was not well directed and kept in check). Idris Elba would also be a great choice, even if he is already Heimdall in Marvel's Thor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"