Sequels How would you explain Bishop in a future x-men movie

TheVelvetOnion

Sidekick
Reaction score
Timetravel is totally out of the question but i have a few ideas. sell this is how i would introduce him.

Bishop
------
During X-Men Origins: Wolverine
> A Young wayward Bishop's mutant ability is revealed and Stryker captures him. He escapes with the rest of the mutant with the help of professor xavier.
During X-Men Origins: First Class
> Xavier guides Bishop into what he wants to do with his future. Bishop leaves to join District X's police force.
During X-Men 1
> Bishop is now a detective whose partner is Ismael Ortega. They are charged to locate the missing Senator Kelly, His investigation lead to him to find Senitor Kelly (Who is Mystique in disguise) During the investigation of his wareabouts the two talk about Magneto's Ideology...
During X-Men 2
> Bishop helps Mystique gain access to Magneto, giving details of Strykers office. This was discovered by Ismael Ortega who reports Bishop to the chief for help aiding the escape of Magneto. Bishop loses his job. When Xavier was searching for all the mutants in Dark Cerebro, He accidently activates Bishops secondary mutation and he is able to see small flashfowards of the future... at first only a few seconds.
During X-Men 3
> Magneto comes to Bishop to help him track down Mystique who is captive in a prison truck. Bishop now vengeful gives up the information to Magneto. Bishop joins Magneto's cause and is present at Alcatraz. However Bishop manages to not be cured and survives Phoenix's demolecularization. Lost everything Bishop is now homeless and suffering from memory problems due to flashfoward visions.
-------------------------
During X-Men 4
> Bishop seeks a cure for his headaches and flash fowards of the future goes to seek out the cure only to discovered all facilities has been destroyed. He only mentions this in his first appearince in X-Men 5.
X-Men 5
> Bishop unknownly sees the future regarding mutant detention held by Trask. "The Sentinal Programe" which with his distorted visions believes the X-Men are responsible and cause, he is found by the Hellfire club who seek to use his ability to manipulate the future in there favour. Bishop seems quiet comfortable with this because one the elite members of the Hellfire club is Emma Frost who like Bishop was a captive mutant at strykers facility, Upon realising what is really happening and that Hellfire are the true cause, Bishop helps the X-Men stop the Hellfire club as a result is believed to have died... instead he is taken by Dr.Nathaniel Essex....
x-Men 6
> Bishop returns during the rise of apocalypse as a horseman War. Bishop along with Archangel, Dark Phoenix and Sinister/Dr.Essex - all have become followers of Apocalpyses vision of the survival of the fittested. He is killed by a Repowered Magneto who realises he is responsible for Bishops own creation as it was Magnetos ideology that caused him to become war.

Nice... my idea would've just been a cameo or minor role, like the double tongued boy in X2, as lil boy in X-4

Why is time travel totally out of the question?

Why is time travel totally out of the question?

Because it would take 30 minutes to an hour out of the movie to explain this time travel stuff and it would confuse the audience. Seriously time travel in the X-Men hasn't even worked in the comics for the most part, why put in the movie?

I think it could work... why do people underestimate the audience's capability to comprehend those things less than realistic, it worked pretty well with Heroes AMONGST THE GENERAL PUBLIC (before my head is chewed off)

It's just I think Bishop would work best as a cameo or, as I think in Sentinel storyline, Bolivar Trask's son would work better in his place=emotional attachment: he can see the future, it'd be easier to have the lil boy have nightmares of a Sentinel dominated future, rather than have a time traveler come back and say this, this and that, as then he'd be all involved and worrying about steppin' on butterflies, but overall there'd be no overall attachment to him, as he leaves in the end....

but who am I to say, I have no incite on what the writers WOULD do with him, so... I wouldn't whine if Bishop traveled back in time yadda yadda, I think it'd give, Trask, the creator of the Sentinels more depth, son foresees his father's errors, dad ignores him bcuz believes he's helping + protecting his son, but then the very machines he creates kills his son- that to me is a more powerful storyline

(kinda side tracked, but hope you follow)

Last edited:
I think it could work... why do people underestimate the audience's capability to comprehend those things less than realistic, it worked pretty well with Heroes AMONGST THE GENERAL PUBLIC (before my head is chewed off)

It's just I think Bishop would work best as a cameo or, as I think in Sentinel storyline, Bolivar Trask's son would work better in his place=emotional attachment: he can see the future, it'd be easier to have the lil boy have nightmares of a Sentinel dominated future, rather than have a time traveler come back and say this, this and that, as then he'd be all involved and worrying about steppin' on butterflies, but overall there'd be no overall attachment to him, as he leaves in the end....

but who am I to say, I have no incite on what the writers WOULD do with him, so... I wouldn't whine if Bishop traveled back in time yadda yadda, I think it'd give, Trask, the creator of the Sentinels more depth, son foresees his father's errors, dad ignores him bcuz believes he's helping + protecting his son, but then the very machines he creates kills his son- that to me is a more powerful storyline

(kinda side tracked, but hope you follow)

Except it is very, very convoluted and convoluted story telling is not good story telling. Ever heard of KISS: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle

This isn't about about underestimating audience, as it is trying not to piss them off by brining in a bunch of convoluted non sense that hardly even works in the comics in the first place. Time Travel ruined the X-Men comics in the 90s, why bring in to the movies?

I think they could keep it simple with time travel if Bishop just came back for that arc... they don't have to go full on into the future, but have him in the past with flasforwards of the future and his attempts to prevent his reality and he leaves in the end, I think time traveling gets messy when they go back and change events we've already seen occur, but that's just my take on time traveling

personally, like I posted before, I'd prefor Bolivar Trasks son over Bishop, as he can see the future, and thus would serve the same purpose, w/o actually being from the future, BUT wouldn't be mad if an X-film were made with him, unless they really convoluted the time stream with multiple time jumps and all

It should go like this.

"The team needed a black guy, so this is Bishop."

'Oh yeah, he's from the future."

Bishop is premised on time-travel, so if you don't want time-travel in the movie then I wouldn't bother including Bishop at all. Same applies for Longshot--if the weird backstory is a problem, then don't bother. There are plenty of characters in the X-Men universe that don't involve time-travel or parallel dimensions.

If you are going to use Bishop, I see two scenarios:

Option 1: embrace the time-travel part of the story and build the main plot around Bishop trying to stop an unknown traitor on the team.

Option 2: Bishop claims to be from the future, but it remains unconfirmed for the audience until the climax.

And he's probably getting too old for the part, but I always thought that Michael Dorn (Worf from Star Trek) would be great for Bishop.

I always remember when a X-Men movie was announced in the early 90s, not really announced but speculated, but this guy came to our Wal-Mart, and had this big signing thing for him (i never heard of him, he was an actor/stunt guy or something) and said he had auditioned for the part of Bishop...

...then when the movie finally came out in 2000, I was like "what no Bishop?" lol...I miss the 90s!

^ lol wow, oddly enough, wish I could witness something like that

not to turn this into an X-Men relfections session, but...
I remeber my cousin tell me, I was like 10, he had seen it in theatres and that there was a mutant named Spider who in the final fight caught Storm and wrapped her in his web and that's who she fought at the statue of liberty, and me having no prior knowledge of the X-Men at the time full-heartedly believed him, and when I spent the week at his house a few months later I asked out loud where's spider and explained the missing scene, and everyone in the room lol'd I was so mad... but I enjoyed the film so much I kept watching it over and over again (I guess I figured I'd only have a week with the tape so why not), until my cuz and bro threw it out of the 2nd floor of the building, then later attempted to squish it between the crack of the old elevator , so it'd fall to the basement on the way up, when I made them go get it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"