The Buy List!!!

JewishHobbit

Avenger
Reaction score
So I like talking buy lists. I like discussing what I'm picking up and what I'm dropping. I like seeing all the new titles being launched or being canceled and checking to see how my list changes as a result. So I thought I'd create a thread for that sort of discussion.

This will be a place where new comic announcements can be posted. If a title is being canceled, we can let people know here. Any crossovers announced that'll influence what you buy. If you just want to discuss your current buy list... talk it up. Basically, anything that can effect your buy list.

I'm also not limiting this thread to just Marvel. Like the Diamond List thread and Bought/Thought thread, this thread will be open to all comic discussion... including DC and Independents.

My current buy list looks like this:

DC Comics
Justice League Dark
Justice League
Trinity of Sin: Phantom Stranger
Trinity of Sin: Pandora
Aquaman
Flash
Batman
Batman & ...
Nightwing
Batwoman
Talon

Marvel Comics
All New X-Men
Amazing X-Men
Wolverine & the X-Men
Uncanny X-Men
X-Men
Young Avengers
New Avengers
Uncanny Avengers

Temporary Buys
Forever Evil
Forever Evil: Arkham War
Constantine (for the Blight crossover)

I'm wanting to pick up the upcoming Batman: Eternal weekly series and the new Magneto series, so I want to make room for those. I was initially planning on picking up All-New X-Factor but have decided against it for that reason. Between that and Young Avengers & Talon ending, that'll be a huge help. I'm also debating on dropping adjectiveless X-Men. I want to stick with the core X-Men books (all 4 of them!), but that one feels a bit 'extra'. I'm also on the fence about New Avengers. I like it, but I hate always feeling like I'm going to have buy other titles to keep up with it. Infinity was frustrating for that reason, and now there are talks of it getting closer to Avengers. I don't know... I'm still debating. It's actually my favorite Marvel book (though it's about half way down the list of favorites behind a bunch of DC books). I'm also planning on dropping Pandora after Blight ends. Unless it gets real good during Blight, I'm just not really that into it. I'm also debating on dropping Uncanny Avengers. I'm just not really digging it much, and now with it turning into yet another Alternate Reality book, I'm even less interested.

Last edited:
And here are the comics I read in order in which I like them, my favorite starting at the top:

Justice League Dark
Trinity of Sin: Phantom Stranger
Aquaman
Justice League
Batman
Batman & ...
Flash

New Avengers
Nightwing
Batwoman

All New X-Men
Amazing X-Men
Wolverine & the X-Men

Talon
Uncanny X-Men
X-Men
Young Avengers

Trinity of Sin: Pandora
Uncanny Avengers

Here's what I get...

Superior Spider-Man
Superior Spider-Man Team-Up
Superior Foes of Spider-Man
Scarlet Spider (ending)
Swamp Thing
Animal Man (ending)
Constantine
Justice League Dark
Batman (considering dropping)
Daredevil (stopping at relaunch)
The Secret History
MiracleMan

In trades, I'm getting

Walking Dead
Morning Glories
Fables
East Vs West
Saga
Manhattan Projects

considering...
Dan Slott's Silver Surfer (trade)
Warren Ellis' Moon Knight (trade)

I'm sure I'm getting other stuff... this is just the top of my head...

Here's mine:

Avengers
New Avengers
Uncanny Avengers
Avengers A.I.
Young Avengers
Captain America
Iron Man
Thor: God of Thunder
Indestructible Hulk
Daredevil
Superior Spider-Man
Scarlet Spider
Superior Spider-Man Team Up
Superior Foes of Spider-Man

Ending Soon:
Young Avengers
Scarlet Spider

Upcoming:
New Warriors
Punisher
Silver Surfer

I'm not getting the next Young Avengers series. New Warriors is basically replacing Scarlet Spider in my pull list. I also get the MAX books that are limited or maxi series like Fantomex MAX or Wolverine MAX. I've dropped all X-Men titles and have no intention of returning until they totally reboot and scale down the line.

I expect Avengers A.I. to be cancelled at some point and I probably won't get any potential replacement. When Waid leaves Hulk, I probably will too. Same goes for Gillen on Iron Man. Unless there's a real solid creative team that follows them but we'll see.

I also pretty much get anything Spider-Man related right now because the line has been so great these days. I have zero interest in Avengers World.

lol@ Talon. Why did they think that book was a good idea?

Hey now, I really liked Talon. It wasn't AMAZING or anything, but I enjoyed it. Then again, I really liked the Court of Owls.

runawayboulder said:
I'm not getting the next Young Avengers series.

There's a new Young Avengers coming? I mean, with the constant relaunching I should be surprised, but I haven't heard anything.

I didn't think about trades.

The only trade I buy ongoing is Walking Dead. I'd buy the issues but I have all the trades and can't stand a mixed collection (trades and issues).

Great idea for a thread, JH.

I recently (last month) switched over to trades 100% but my buy list will be the following as soon as new volumes are released:

Avengers
New Avengers
Uncanny Avengers
Superior Spider-Man
Venom
Punisher (starting next year)
~Major Marvel Events~
The Walking Dead

I'll start reading Iron Man again too when the current author moves on...

Last edited:
I'll bite.
Currently buying
MARVEL
Avengers
New Avengers
Thor: God of Thunder

DC
Green Arrow
Batman

East of West
Manhattan Projects
Invincible
Prophet
Lazarus
Jupiter's legacy
Saga

Future comic's
Moon knight
Silver Surfer
Punisher
Fantastic Four
Inhuman - Maybe
Daredevil - Maybe
Invaders - Maybe

In trade.
All-New X-Men
Uncanny X-Men
Uncanny Avengers
Animal Man
Justice League Dark
Bedlam
Captain America
Mighty Avengers - Maybe
Hawkeye
Daredevil

I thinking about dropping Avengers, most likely not though. Looking forward to the next wave of Marvel Now books. Oh and thinking about getting Invaders.

Last edited:
I buy WAY less than you guys and all Marvel --

The New X-men
Wolverine
Wolverine Max
Amazing X-men
The Fantomex mini (it's a guilty pleasure)
Scarlet (whenever it decides to actually publish, like once or twice a year, lol)

I'll be buying the new X-Factor when it comes out, plus this new Origin II mini that's coming as well.

Just have lost interest in the books since so many of the characters get written too badly. Wonder if I just need to stop for a while or something. :(

I'll way behind on comics, But current pull list is as follows

Uncanny X-force(Soon to just be X-force.)
Deadpool
Daredevil(Not sure I'll stick through the relaunch.)
TMNT(and all it's minis)
Batman

I'll be adding Moon Knight when it comes out.I'm considering X-factor since I love me some Gambit.

Just bought:

-Green Arrow, Vol 1 (TV Series tie-in)
-Batman Gothic: I owned all of the issues except for the second one. Someone bought it at the store before I did, thus leaving me with an incomplete collection. So, I said, "the hell with it" and bought the tp.
-Wolverine and the X-Men Vol 3

Subscription:

-Batman

Digital:

Superior Spider-Man

Going to purchase:

-Injustice Gods Among Us, Vol 1
-The Flash (New 52) Vol 1

Just have lost interest in the books since so many of the characters get written too badly. Wonder if I just need to stop for a while or something. :(

I've been there for a while now (a long while). I've managed to get my Marvel buying down to primarily X-Men again, and I'm trying to even trim that down. I'm trying to get myself to get down to All-New X-Men, Uncanny X-Men, and Amazing X-Men... which seems to be the core 3. I thought Wolverine & the X-Men would still be a core book after the relaunch but it doesn't sound that way. It sounds like it's just another student book, which I typically love, but am getting frustrated with due to nothing happening with the students after a creative shift or two.

But I think that's why I'm loving DC so much right now. I've never been overly familiar with their characters so EVERYTHING is new and fresh for me. And jumping in the New 52 when it launched brought me in at the start, so I'm just loving it.

I know very little of the DC universe and the couple of times I tried to jump in, I just got lost. :( Reading less comics just means I have more time for regular books, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"