The Cable/Nathan Summers Thread

Reaction score
Do you want to see Nathan Summers in the MCU? Or do you want a younger version just like in the reXent comics?

Who will be the MCU Cable? Josh Brolin again?

With Deadpool 3 happening I could see them bringing back Brolin as Cable for that at least, though he may be considered a variant.
It also depends on who they cast as Scott and Jean (and/or Madelyne I guess). If we get two white actors as Nathan's parents it could be that their kid happens to look like Josh. But if we get like some people have suggested a native american Scott and black Jean or whatever, Josh Brolin doesn't make much sense.

Once X-Men deal with Bishop and issues of time travel Cable can also be done with a Scott Jean focus, maybe linked in with Sinister.

I for one don't want the children of the X-Men to be in the Mcu - Cable, X-Man and Prestige.

I for one don't want the children of the X-Men to be in the Mcu - Cable, X-Man and Prestige.
Cable could be going around doing his own thing completely separately, maybe in Deadpool films. Don’t particularly want the others.

Cable could be going around doing his own thing completely separately, maybe in Deadpool films. Don’t particularly want the others.
Out of the three, he is the most likely to appear and probably easiest to introduce.

Out of the three, he is the most likely to appear and probably easiest to introduce.
The other 2 are hopefully too low in priority to get the call ahead of all the high profile X-Men who haven’t yet had a good showing, or any showing at all.

The other 2 are hopefully too low in priority to get the call ahead of all the high profile X-Men who haven’t yet had a good showing, or any showing at all.
That list is long for that. Could take Marvel Studios a pentalogy.

Shows, mini-series and specials might help achieve it.
As of now, I just haven't any Mcu show that needed to be a series or mini series, or that a movie wouldn't have been better. I feel like the shows they have done so far, have more screentime for the lead characters, but the shows are more prone to filler content.

Marvel Studios' Special Presentation, since it was bit limited in screentime, made me also remember more most of the scenes.

As of now, I just haven't any Mcu show that needed to be a series or mini series, or that a movie wouldn't have been better. I feel like the shows they have done so far, have more screentime for the lead characters, but the shows are more prone to filler content.

Marvel Studios' Special Presentation, since it was bit limited in screentime, made me also remember more most of the scenes.
Yeah, specials are better for when a film and the budget and commitment involved aren’t appropriate.

depending on the age rang of Jean and Scott... could we see Nathan's "X-man" before seeing him as Cable

Nate Grey is such an obscure X-Men character outside of the comics, that I would be surprised if they ever adapt him. And out of the obscure X-Men, there's like a dozen more deserving for a film role imo.

Do you want to see Nathan Summers in the MCU? Or do you want a younger version just like in the reXent comics?

Who will be the MCU Cable? Josh Brolin again?

Well,

Josh Brolin is technically a "variant", since the two Deadpool movies represent an alternate universe, not the prime universe of the XCM (X-Men Cinematic Multiverse).
John Brolin's version is not even related to Scott and Jean.

I think that we need a new Cable, always played by Josh.

They should get a different actor for 616 Cable, not that I want to see him in Marvel Cinematic Universe.

They should get a different actor for 616 Cable, not that I want to see him in Marvel Cinematic Universe.

616 should be the main comic book Marvel universe, but they used that number on Dr. Strange 2. Such a stupid and confusing move.

616 should be the main comic book Marvel universe, but they used that number on Dr. Strange 2. Such a stupid and confusing move.
It was already referenced in Thor: The Dark World. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is the adaptation of Marvel Comics. They don't eXist in the same multiverse of madness.

It was already referenced in Thor: The Dark World. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is the adaptation of Marvel Comics. They don't eXist in the same multiverse of madness.

Bad idea.
I would prefer the originally-intended name Earth-199999.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"