Iron Fist The Catch-All Iron Fist and Support Characters Costume or Lack Thereof Thread

TheVileOne

Eternal
Reaction score
So after watching the new trailer, my hopes of Danny getting a costume have lessened. He's keeping the facial hair throughout the whole season, and there's no indication that we'll see the costume. If we do, it will probably be a five second easter egg or joke like with Luke Cage. I don't want that, but that's the direction I see the show going.

It's the main element of this show I'm starting to find tiresome. Dangling the costume carrot for the fans who really want to see them and holding it off until the end. If they take that route again here, it's becoming a rather predictable gimmick. One I wish they stopped doing.

This is what I see as the Iron Fist look for the first season. This is just my personal prediction.

[YT]d9QVGtYEOPA[/YT]

If he gets a costume he gets one if he doesn't we'll all still watch.

It'll give the board something to whine and moan about until season 2. These boards go dead 3 or 4 months after release

If he gets a costume he gets one if he doesn't we'll all still watch.

It'll give the board something to whine and moan about until season 2. These boards go dead 3 or 4 months after release
It makes sense because we get the whole season at once, and then there's not much else to talk about after that until ball gets rolling on more episodes.

On the other hand, we saw the dragon on his chest, which I wasn't expecting.

It's not hard to pull off his costume in a grounded way. Just give him a green Gi with a yellow belt (personally, I'd have preferred something more Kung Fu than Karate/Judo, but if they're going to give him the tattoo, they might as well expose his chest). Don't give him the collar and the mask can be optional (but certainly wouldn't be hard to add since it's pretty straight forward).

I tried to look to see if there were any cosplayers that had the idea. I didn't find any, but there's two things I noticed. A green spandex bodysuit with belt looks terrible (I know they're smart enough not to do that) and quite a few have him fight without a shirt (just mask, pants, and belt). That look works fairly well too, although I'd tone down the eyes. This is an example of that idea

ETA: And I can't emphasize enough how much I hate the body armor idea of his costume.

For my idea, here is an image I saw that at least hints at it: Link

Last edited:
His costume wouldn't be hard at all to pull off considering it's already been modernized on numerous occasions and been streamlined to look more practical.

I hate that gi idea.

Here's his current costume on Ultimate Spider-Man

tumblr_n7jsatlM1G1svsvcpo2_500.png

With the exception of the mullet and the dragon symbol spreading into shoulder pads I like this, though I'd be overjoyed if they managed to work the popped collar into the MCU costume.

It's not really a mullet. He just has longer hair on Ultimate Spider-Man.

584556e7abfc7d5bbebda3c71ae6f829.jpg

Danny is characterized as more of a zen hipster in the show.

With the mask it gives the impression of a mullet. But it's a moot point as Danny has shorter hair in the show. Mostly it was a joke.

Yeah, now he has Devil's Curly Hair, which I'm not crazy about either, but oh well.

Yeah, now he has Devil's Curly Hair, which I'm not crazy about either, but oh well.

I don't mind them going with what looks to be Finn's natural hair.

I also don't mind the beard; Daredevil has a slight beard, doesn't harm the look in anyway. I did a crappy Photoshop of Finn's face with the Iron Fist mask on it, the beard wasn't damaging, I could get with the look.

It looks very much like his original costume except in fabric, which is why I suggested it.

I'll focus on two aspects, to see which is your concern.
The first is design, the second is material. Which would be your bigger concern? I see the picture you suggested involves a covered chest, is that the issue? Or is it something specifically related to how a gi looks?

To me, you want to evoke that martial arts feel. Look on youtube for Iron Fist cosplay. Most absolutely would not work on screen. In fact, the only ones I saw that worked were shirtless ones (which look like pants that would fit for Karate or Judo).

I don't want to see him wear just a plain gi and headband. He's a superhero and he needs a dynamic costume. And he needs the mask.

I'm not bending on the mask either.

I said he should have a mask (my only quibble with the mask were the outlines on the eyes). The costume is already a plain green. The Gi would actually add texture to it compared to spandex. I just don't want the costume to look like a tactical outfit since that doesn't fit the character.

Given the simplicity of the look, I figured it would bring a faithful but real world approach. To me, drawings that give him boots or anything like that muck up the design.

Part of my thought was I'm constrained by the need to show off his chest. If I didn't have that, I'd definitely push more towards Kung Fu than Karate. This concept art is interesting, for example. I wouldn't come close to anything like that mask, though, but it's not mixing cultures incongruously.

His costume wouldn't be hard at all to pull off considering it's already been modernized on numerous occasions and been streamlined to look more practical.

I hate that gi idea.

Here's his current costume on Ultimate Spider-Man

tumblr_n7jsatlM1G1svsvcpo2_500.png

Works for me. Overall, I just want him to have some sort of outfit.

I said he should have a mask (my only quibble with the mask were the outlines on the eyes). The costume is already a plain green. The Gi would actually add texture to it compared to spandex. I just don't want the costume to look like a tactical outfit since that doesn't fit the character.

Given the simplicity of the look, I figured it would bring a faithful but real world approach. To me, drawings that give him boots or anything like that muck up the design.

Part of my thought was I'm constrained by the need to show off his chest. If I didn't have that, I'd definitely push more towards Kung Fu than Karate. This concept art is interesting, for example. I wouldn't come close to anything like that mask, though, but it's not mixing cultures incongruously.

I really like the idea of using a tunic like that, though more more played down that would fit the tone of the netflix shows.

I just have no idea how they should do the mask. I can't picture anything working, still MCU has a really great track record with costumes I can't wait to see what they do here.

Id prefer to have the costume at the very end rather than not having the costume at all.

Please, dont tell me that he is going to have facial hair the whole season and no costume :csad:. There hasnt been any word from the producers about the costume?, nothing at all?.

We didn't see Daredevils costume until right before release. If Danny has one it will probably be the same. I do believe he will have one though. The show is called Iron Fist not Danny Rand.
Even with the costume he might keep the facial hair. It ages him a little.

Id prefer to have the costume at the very end rather than not having the costume at all.

Please, dont tell me that he is going to have facial hair the whole season and no costume :csad:. There hasnt been any word from the producers about the costume?, nothing at all?.
He has the facial hair the whole season.

I'd like to see his costume from the David Aja run. Green tracksuit and a yellow cowl.

I like this fan design a lot. It's sort of "superhero casual" which suits Danny. If he doesn't have a costume it's not the end of the world, but it would be a little weird if in the Defenders DD is the only one in a costume.

4942558-iron_fist_redesign_by_rjn16-d7qmttf.jpg

I just hope the show is exciting. I can do without the flared collar, though. lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"