Jessica Jones Will Trish Fully Become Hellcat In Season 3 Costume And All?

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
There is no doubt in that at the end of season 2 we got our first real tease at Trish Walker having been given some powers from the procedure she went through with Karl. When she catches her phone with her foot showing cat like reflexes.

We are definitely going to see Trish in some capacity as Hellcat but my question is will it go all the way.

Im not expecting them to rip this right out of the comics.

But with such a unique & bright costume I think it could be difficult to pull off in the Netflix show's as they are usually quite dark, gritty and grounded (well as grounded as a superhero show can be). So having a hero who sneaks up on criminals while wearing a bright yellow costume might be a bit of stretch.

I have seen this darker costume she has worn and personally reckon this is much more likely.

That would fit the tone of the show better in my mind. As the bright yellow is limited to the boots and gloves.

Just thinking that we had a whole season of Iron Fist, he then appeared in The Defenders and now even popped up in Luke Cage Season 2 and there's still no sign of a costume for him.

What do you think?
Doe Trish go full Hellcat?

I don't know aboutna costume but I think she will definitely go full on vigilante.

I hope they reveal she has been training with Colleen or something, though. Even with her new power set I don't want her to just suddenly be a great fighter.

Costume and all? Probably not. I think she'll wear yellow as a tribute, though.

Costume and all? Probably not. I think she'll wear yellow as a tribute, though.

Definitely, I can also picture some kind of hat, like a beanie or something, with yellow streaks on it like her comic mask. Daredevil and Iron Fist show have costumes but I feel Luke to some extent and definitely Jessica should not. Luke Cage rarely has any kind of costume in the comics and for the past 15 years have just worn normal looking clothing. His Yellow lined Hoodie is his costume. Every time I see it I think it's a great, simple choice for his outfit and works better for the series than any overly complicated superhero shirt. Still I think other characters with outfits would fit Luke's show just fine.

Really, Jessica Jones should be the only series avoid costumes at all costs. The concept of her show leans heavily into when super powers meets reality so I think introducing outfits would stand out to much and not fit the show properly. I'm afraid if Trish does wear a full costume it would be played more for laughs or demonstrate her as more of a fan girl than a hero. Defenders works with Jessica Jones being thrown into a more typical superhero insanity, but I don't feel the opposite would work as well. Throwing more typical superhero stuff would feel really out of place and be a disservice to the series.

Whether or not a costume should be used comes more down to the identity of the show. DD, JJ, Luke Cage, and Punisher all do a great job even if they don't have a "costume" the wardrobe department does a great job dressing them into something that fits the character and the show and can be iconic in their own right. Iron Fist on the other did not have a solid identity so Danny's wardrobe is really bland and without personality, Defenders and Luke Cage season 2 does a much better job at defining his personality and look.

So I would vote no "costume" for Hellcat but definitely some outfits the invokes it while maintaining the feel and identity of Jessica Jones.

I kind of want to see Trish trying to become a hero, doing terrible at it and becoming a full-on villain who Jessica ultimately has to take responsibility for and put her way. Not necessarily kill her but show her some tough love and take her down.

She was all too ready to put Jessica into a suit. So with her being obsessed with having powers and fighting bad guys, I don't see why she wouldn't immediately get some sort of costume/uniform made, once she decides to patrol the streets.

Trish is a psychopath. Her becoming a hero isn't going to go very well.

I really hope Trish faces consequences for what she put both Jessica and Malcolm through. I think she'll try to be a hero but fail, and that's when she starts her redemption arc. But she's going to have to work very hard at making amends for everything she did in season 2, after locking Malcolm in the trunk of her car (and pointing a gun at him when he freed himself), and killing Jessica's mother, I don't think Jessica or Malcolm want anything to do with Trish at this point in time. (I can see Jessica reconciling with Malcolm much sooner than her reconciliation with Trish, both because they still live down the hall from one another, and because the rift between them is less severe than the rift between Jessica and Trish. I wouldn't be surprised if Jessica and Malcolm are already back on speaking terms by season 3, especially if they continue to have Jessica dating Oscar.)

I don't think that Trish will become a villain. Because all this development of season 2 means a lot, and given their past falling outs and reconciliations, I don't see Jessica rejecting Trish. Obviously, the relationship between the two will show a huge bump at the beginning of season 3, but it has to end with Jessica forgiving Trish. They are sisters; making Trish a villain would come off to me like just a rehashing of season 2's "the villain is someone Jessica has a familial connection to."

I would rather see her fail and have that push her over the edge even further. So she's forced to face Jessica and Jessica will have to put down her best friend and "sister."

I would rather see her fail and have that push her over the edge even further. So she's forced to face Jessica and Jessica will have to put down her best friend and "sister."

There's no way Jessica will kill her sister. She is brassed off at Trish but not to the point to end her life.

I can see them trying to out do one another with their feud culminating into a fist fight but eventually they will patch things up.

I can't see them patch things up after all the crap Trish pulled in Season 2.

There's no way Jessica will kill her sister. She is brassed off at Trish but not to the point to end her life.

I can see them trying to out do one another with their feud culminating into a fist fight but eventually they will patch things up.

I can't see them patch things up after all the crap Trish pulled in Season 2.

Yeah I don't think they go as far as killing but I wouldn't be surprised if they don't reunite.

Unless there is a massive shift in personality next season (which I think would feel like a bit of a copout) I think they are on just two different paths.

That was one of the things Trish killing Jessica's mom made me think.

Jessica - Doesn't mind being rude, gruff, threatening or even a little violent if it means that in that she can save someone from coming to harm or stop someone from doing harm.

Trish - Is usually more courteous but doesn't seem to mind taking life as long as she has the justification that she will have saved others.

You can argue that both are heroes but they are just opposing sides of the coin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"