• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Christopher Nolan experience

No , Nolan's Howard Hughes project. When Aviator as being made , Nolan decided to pull his project . He had written a script and if i'm not mistaken it was Carrey who was going to be Hughes
Jim Carrey?

I would make a spider-man movie

1) I'd make the effects as realistic as possible using practical effects like tilted stages

2) I'd hire the best gymnasts, acrobats, stunt people money could buy and attempt to cut down on the CG

3) I would hire josh keaton (spectacular spider-man) to voice spidey in costume and get dan slott to write spider-man's dialogue. spidey would be the funniest most sarcastic super hero ever commited to film.

4) my villian would be mysterio as the sky is the limit with mysterio, any location (using illusions) any villian (using illusion for instance rhino and shocker could appear in the movie, no backstory required)
I could make spider-man appear an inch tall and fight a spider. limitless possibilities

5) I would have a sequence in an old warehouse where the police have tracked spidey down (because mysterio has framed him) so it would be spidey vs the entire NYPD/SWAT and they aren't messing about, they go after spidey all guns blazing

c'mon, tell me you wouldn't want to watch that movie?!

I'd take the lessons I've learned from my films and bring everything together and do a tense police thriller. Something along the lines of Bullitt, but really ratchet up the story.

scifiwolf i would love a good police thriller

No , Nolan's Howard Hughes project. When Aviator as being made , Nolan decided to pull his project . He had written a script and if i'm not mistaken it was Carrey who was going to be Hughes

Wow, that actually sounds amazing.
Would've loved to have seen that.

Carey as in Jim?

I would do a proper adaptation of Bram Stoker's Dracula. Harker, Holmwood, Seward and Quincey would be portrayed as the heroes that they are. Mina would be portrayed as the woman full of bravery and courage who inspires the men to fight on. Finally, Dracula would be portrayed as the absolute bastard that he is, with no tall, dark and handsome BS.

Wow, that actually sounds amazing.
Would've loved to have seen that.

Carey as in Jim?

Jim Carrey?

Yes.

http://www.christophernolan.net/hughes.php
From an Interview with In Focus:

You’ve expressed great sadness at not getting to film your Howard Hughes script with Jim Carrey. Can you tell us how your film would have differed from “The Aviator”?
Well, no — because I haven’t seen “The Aviator.” I can’t bring myself to. [laughs] But from what I know of “The Aviator,” the key difference is that we deal with Hughes’ entire life. I think their film is about half of our film in terms of timespan.br>br> You would actually have followed Hughes from cradle to grave?
Yeah.br>br> Is it something you’ve put in the vault, to haul out and film somewhere down the line?
The truth is, I struggled massively with the script. It took about a year to write. And it finally came together just as “The Aviator” got a green light. But the script just clicked. It’s the best thing I’ve written, that I’m most proud of. Hopefully, it’ll have its day. Patience is definitely part of this business.

God, Jim Carrey in a serious role with Nolan as a director? WHY DIDNT THIS MOVIE GET MADE, WHY, WHY, WHY?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"