The Dark Knight The Composite Christopher Nolan Interview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't worry too much about Nolan. I've noticed his tendency in many directors to be vague about their future. And rightfully so. We're talking about a major piece of artwork that costs hundreds of millions to make. That shouldn't be taken lightly. Who knows if you'll feel like doing that in 2 years' time?

Cant wait for Public Enemies:up:
Yeah, me too, I love gangsters movies, specially the old ones, and specially when James Cagney is involved. PE looks like an hommage to those films, it's cool:up:

I see Nolan's attitude to films as a positive. He doesn't view films in terms of franchises, or in terms of "what can we hold back for the next film?" It seems like he's going all-out with each Batman film, as if it was his last, to ensure it stands as strong as possible as a stand-alone film, as well as part of the Batman series.

I would, knowing the Dark Knight story, I would like very much to complete a trilogy.

Note to Warner Brothers: Do whatever it takes to get both Chris Nolan and Christian Bale back for a 3rd Batman film. Back a dumptruck load of money to their respective doorsteps if you have to, but make it happen.

If they could simply do 3 amazing Bat-films -- and show the world how the character should be treated -- then I can die happy.

-- Admiral Nelson

OMG was that fun to read. :) I'm excited to see the ending of this film, especially when they talked about how it's going to end like the last one. :D I loved how Chris stated that the first cut was done. Does that mean the whole movie is done? like a rough draft form? or just a number of scenes are finished? OMG I cannot stress enought how excited I am for this movie.
First draft of editing, yes. They'll have a few weeks to make changes before they go into sound mixing.

I see Nolan's attitude to films as a positive. He doesn't view films in terms of franchises, or in terms of "what can we hold back for the next film?" It seems like he's going all-out with each Batman film, as if it was his last, to ensure it stands as strong as possible as a stand-alone film, as well as part of the Batman series.
Yeah, it's a good attitude to have - handle each movie at a time and treat it as a standalone.

I still hope/pray that he'll be on board to finish what he started though. :woot:

does that also mean that any CG in the film will also be worked on after or during the sound mixing? And thanks for clearing that up for me Anita.

does that also mean that any CG in the film will also be worked on after or during the sound mixing? And thanks for clearing that up for me Anita.
Actually I have no clue. I do know that they're planning to do the sound mixing for most of April, but my sound friend hasn't sat me down and explained the exact process of post-production. :oldrazz:

It probably depends on the director and the film, as well.

Actually I have no clue. I do know that they're planning to do the sound mixing for most of April, but my sound friend hasn't sat me down and explained the exact process of post-production. :oldrazz:

I would assume that any CG work would be part of the main editing process - it depends on how much they need to do (most likely little)

Note to Warner Brothers: Do whatever it takes to get both Chris Nolan and Christian Bale back for a 3rd Batman film. Back a dumptruck load of money to their respective doorsteps if you have to, but make it happen.

If they could simply do 3 amazing Bat-films -- and show the world how the character should be treated -- then I can die happy.

-- Admiral Nelson

Co-signed.

Great interviews, some of the best in a long time now.

-- Admiral Nelson

As easy as that would be, Nolan may feel he can't top Dark Knight, regardless of how much cash they dump on him.

Great articles, thanks for the post...

I get so pumped when I read these. Can't hardly wait for this movie!! These guys are just about as professional and classy as they come. I wish the rest of Hollywood could behave more like them (especially when they were talking about Ledger).

they do the sound mixing in april, does that mean that the score is finshed?
and your source said that heath was done with post production, really 100% finished? (sorry that is still my little fear *mad*)

I want a Nolan/Bale commentary when The Dark Knight DVD eventually comes out! I want it so bad! But propably Nolan won't do it :csad: Well, he's entitled to it because the man's a friggin God! But I'd still like to hear an audio commentary featuring Nolan and Bale...

Nolan will return for the third. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Jonathan Nolan was working on the script as we speak...

OMG was that fun to read. :) I'm excited to see the ending of this film, especially when they talked about how it's going to end like the last one. :D I loved how Chris stated that the first cut was done. Does that mean the whole movie is done? like a rough draft form? or just a number of scenes are finished? OMG I cannot stress enought how excited I am for this movie.

Gordon: Take this chick. Robbed a jewlery store, pulled a bank heist. Taste for the theatrical, just like you. Leaves a calling card.

Takes out bag of catnip

Batman: I'll look into it.

Nolan will return for the third. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Jonathan Nolan was working on the script as we speak...
I think Nolan will also return too, finishing Harvey's story

I think Nolan will also return too, finishing Harvey's story

I think Nolan will do a third too. I would be very surprised if he didn't.
If the movie gets as positive reaction as BB (fans, Critics, studio, Box office, ect) and everyone wants to come back I doubt Nolan is going to turn around and say to his cast and crew no.

Are they basically confirming there will be a cliffhanger-like ending, similar to the joker card?

-- Admiral Nelson

well said!

i love how bale does all his tdk interviews in his american accent :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"