The Colbert Report premieres tonight!

****, I missed it too. what happened?

On Nightline's new anchors: "You know what, ABC? You're overreacting. The Colbert Report has only been on the air for one day. For you to panic and pull Koppel… I would have thought you'd try to tough it out. Although, I accept your surrender."

"America has a simple deal with the rich. We cut their taxes, and in return they inspire us with their gloriously macked-out cribs, golden toilets, and young, taut trophy wives." Something to shoot for!

"McDonald's will offer free wireless hookups for Nintendo's DS game system, so you can sit at McDonald's and play Nintendo. All you need to know: You're gonna need bigger pants."

http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_colbert_report/videos/most_recent/index.jhtml

"The Word" is a simply brilliant idea. It allows Colbert to still sound serious, yet get the most ridiculous jokes across.

I thought it was pretty damn funny.

"So, to honor this newest American, I place this Chewbacca action figure on the shelf, right here next to Lady Liberty. And with any luck these two will mate, uniting America with the vastness of space in a beautiful, but unholy galactic sexual congress."

:D:up:

You guys know that Rob Cordry is doing "This Week in God" now?

Rob Cordry? Come on. I love the guy, but this week in God is should really be a Colbert only segment. I hate the new guy on the Daily Show though. Not the young guy, but the balding dude who did that beer segment. He's incredibly dull.

And did O' Reily really try to tell McCain how it is to be a POW? Wasnt he a prisoner for OVER five years? He's such an ignorant jackass. I wish Stewart could get him cancelled like he did with Crossfire.

Ya he did a couple of months back. I disliked him before, but that made me just really think of him as scum.

jaydawg said:
Rob Cordry? Come on. I love the guy, but this week in God is should really be a Colbert only segment. I hate the new guy on the Daily Show though. Not the young guy, but the balding dude who did that beer segment. He's incredibly dull.

And did O' Reily really try to tell McCain how it is to be a POW? Wasnt he a prisoner for OVER five years? He's such an ignorant jackass. I wish Stewart could get him cancelled like he did with Crossfire.

Corrdry did the seqment last year, maybe while Colbert was away, but he's the #2 guy there now at The Daily Show. And all segments have had various corespondents in them. This Week In God just happened to be one that really clicked and sometimes was the best thing in the show.

Nate Corrdry is the only new guy I like, I thought the other guy who did the horse show thing, tried to hard to do everything that everyone else has done but in his first piece. Dan is the other bald guy, he seems dull but the piece the other night about beer was good just because of those he interviewed. Colbert has been around since 1997 back when Craig Kilborn hosted, and Lewis Black has been there from the start.

I love Lewis Black. His angry jitters make my heart smile.

jaydawg said:
Ditto. Although I've lately found myself using his trigger-fingers when I go off on rants.

The Colbert Report was hilarious. I can't wait until it gets off the ground real good. I'm a fan of the Daily Show as well. Ed Helms and Rob Cordry make the best field reporters. I don't care if it's fake, it's real where it counts! The gut!

Or as Colbert would say, Pyro..."THE BALLS!".

Yea, I don't like the correspondant who did the beer story either. They should give more time to Samantha Bee, Ed Helms, and Rob Cordry (well, Cordry is getting more time...Helms should've so got "This Week In God). Those 3 could do one field report a week, taking up 3 of the 4 days. Who needs the ****ty new correspondants then?

Cordry's skit on "The White Show" was great.

"What's the deal with the Cheney character!?!?! He went from plausibly evil to cartoony evil!" "One complaint, where is the Osama character? They built him up during season 1 and then he just disappeared from the show!"

Oh, by the way...the tip of the hat/shake of the finger skit is great. He definitely needs to keep that one, his rant on Katie Holmes/Tom Cruise was hillarious.

Matt said:
They should give more time to Samantha Bee, Ed Helms, and Rob Cordry

Finally someone mentions Samantha Bee..she gets no respect :mad:

They do need to giver her more face time...in fact, I wouldn't mind if she was the one given "This week in God"... I think Cordry did a good job, though.

Samantha Bee is definitely the most underrated correspondant, which is a shame because she is probably the funniest one since Colbert left.

Colbert is great. Those clips from Joe Liebbers show, plus the look on Colbert's face, was just hillarious. This show could very well surpass The Daily show.

Matt said:
Samantha Bee is definitely the most underrated correspondant, which is a shame because she is probably the funniest one since Colbert left.

ah, thats true. she really doesn't get as much respect as the other guys do. its kind of sad actually...

"It's so cold I could snap my genitalia off like a graham cracker."

Meh, O'Rielly wasn't that bad. I think for the most part he was joking (or at least trying to be funny). I'm no fan of his, but this was no where near the level of Tucker Carlson's bout with Stewart.

Matt said:
Meh, O'Rielly wasn't that bad. I think for the most part he was joking (or at least trying to be funny). I'm no fan of his, but this was no where near the level of Tucker Carlson's bout with Stewart.

eh...lets just say their both morons :D

jaydawg said:

Lewis Black is one of my favorite comedians. I think he should have his own TV show or something. All he would have to do is smoke, drink and go on a long rants.

MY favorite quote of his; "But luckily I had a spoon......and I shoved it up my ***."

BTW: the new Daily Show Correspondant Jason Jones isn't bad. I was cracking up when he asked Geraldine Ferraro where her boss was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"