The Daily Bugle - Your Source for MARVEL and HYPE! News

Matt Murdock

Avenger
Reaction score
__________________________________________________ ______________________
_Morning Edition___________________________________________Tuesday_
dailybuglethreefourths2fr8.jpg

_______________MARVEL AND SUPERHEROHYPE NEWS FOR TUESDAY, DECEMBER 30________________

TOP STORIES

• DARK REIGN - WAR MACHINE preview now online! - Nine pages of the latest chapter in the IRON MAN and WAR MACHINE sagas have been posted over at CNI. The preview can be found here. More previews for books such as X-MEN: Magneto and AVENGERS: The Initiative can be found here.
  • THE NEW BLACK PANTHER HAS BEEN REVEALED AND IT'S... A gal? That's right, a female has officially taken up the mantel of T'Challa. The only question that remains is: who? Two weeks ago, MARVEL officially released the cover of Black Panther #1, showing that, for now, there are only four options: Monica Rambeau, Dora Milaje, Shuri, and, most surprisingly of all, Echo. While tht thought of a female Black Panther is controversial to some people, it isn't to MARVEL's editor-in-chief, Joe Quesada. He was quoted in an October volume of The Washington Post as saying that "It was a very cool idea. Especially thinking about the legacy of the character." (1)
  • THE VOTES ARE IN AND Moviefone, a site for general film reviews, news, and ticket sales, has determined that Marvel's film IRON MAN was the best film of 2008. Barely eding out THE DARK KNIGHT, IRON MAN's strength lies in the performance of Robert Downey Jr., who proved that heroes can "be complex and edgy without taking themselves too seriously." See where your other favorite films of 2008 landed on the countdown here.
  • RAMIN DJAWADI has also received some recognition for his work on IRON MAN. The composer received a nomination for "Best Score Soundtrack For Motion Picture, Television, or Other Visual Media." The Grammy Awards will air on CBS on February 8th. Tune in to see if Djawadi won.
  • X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE premeried it's newest trailer online and with The Day The Earth Stood Still a few days ago. Head on over to the X-FORUMS to view it and discuss.
  • THE PUNISHER: WAR ZONE had a budget of 22,000,000 dollars. It has, after over three weeks in theaters, earned 8.7 million dollars of that money back. It premeried at number 8 at the box office, marking MARVEL's weakest release since Howard the Duck twenty years ago. It has been debased and ravaged by critics, being criticized as simply "a bad movie." Maybe it's time to give up on The Punisher and the big screen.
  • SUNDAY, DECEMBER 28 marked Stan Lee's birthday. Known for his empathetic heroes and unique brand of storytelling, Stan Lee grew to be one of the most revered names in the Comic Book industry. He single-handedly created dozens of the world's most beloved characters, including Spider-Man, Daredevil, and the Fantastic Four. MARVEL, and, indeed, the entire industry, wouldn't be what it is today without Stan Lee. Many happy returns.

LOCAL NEWS

• JUSTIN THEROUX screenwriter of IRON MAN II has been quoted on the SHH! front page as saying that comic book fans have a "hero who lives in the real world." He expressed that this is somethig that he hopes to explore more in the next film.

SPORTS

• FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T MAKE IT TO THE COMMUNITY FORUMS, Shlee was recently voted as the winner of Hype! Idol. Congrats to Shlee!
  • THE LATEST SEASON OF "THE HYPE! MOLE" is well underway. Mission Five, entitled "The Grid", began last night. Go check it out in the community forums.
  • THE HYPE RPGS! are always looking for new players. This is a shameless plug of the games that I enjoy playing so much. If you're interested in MARVEL characters, this co-operative fanfiction section of the Hype! is worth taking a look at.
  • THE PATRIOTS WENT 11-5 and still didn't make it to the playoffs, courtesy of a Jets' loss. Piss.

PERSONALS

• BYRD MAN - Lonely Southern man looking for some Southern hospitality and comfort. Enjoys long moonlit strolls to the soothing rhythms of Lynyrd Skynyrd.
  • SPIDER-MANHERO12 - Woman who must like Spider-Man or all things MARVEL a lot. S2R. :up:

EDITORIAL

• WELL, THIS IS IT. The first issue of The Daily Bugle on SuperHeroHype!. Was it good for you? Yeah. Me neither. By the way, those personals? Those're fake... Y'know. Jokes. I think they're hilarious. Given the holiday season, things have been a bit slow on the news front so I might've had to add some filler here and there. But, from here on out, you can find us here at the same Bugle-Place at the same Bugle-Time: Here in the Bugle thread on SuperHeroHype! every Tuesday night.
Picture1-5.png

That's it for me. See ya around the bend and, as always, EXCELSIOR!

-PP

This is such a great idea.
Could i have a job in this? Like picture finder or news finder for the article? I Don't mind if its a no.

cool. How often are we gonna be seeing this?

Looks to be a weekly thing. Once every week seems to be about right. We'll have one-shots for special events or big news stories. Also, I'd like to officially welcome Harley_X to the Bugle Staff. She's working as a columnist for us here at the Bugle, and we're going to be crediting her in our weekly editions. :up:

If anyone is interested in contributing to The Bugle just send a PM my way.

looks to be a weekly thing. Once every week seems to be about right. We'll have one-shots for special events or big news stories. Also, i'd like to officially welcome harley_x to the bugle staff. She's working as a columnist for us here at the bugle, and we're going to be crediting her in our weekly editions. :up:

if anyone is interested in contributing to the bugle just send a pm my way.
woo :D

Did ya get my PM?

I did indeed. Your article will be in the next installment.

It's not really the Bugle unless you change your username to J. Jonah Jameson :(

Im the Journalist.
:D

It kinda is....i know hows about you do and start your own Daily Bugle:D

I always thought it was called the Daily Bulge as a kid, freaked me right out.

That's what you got when you went to your church, you nimrod! :cmad:

...Who loves the shots I take at the Catholic church?

I'm going to hell for that one.

It's not really the Bugle unless you change your username to J. Jonah Jameson :(
That's a good point. Technically the bugle doesn't even exist anymore in the MU. I'll take any incarnation of the Daily Bugle over the DB. :yay:

That's what you got when you went to your church, you nimrod! :cmad:

...Who loves the shots I take at the Catholic church?

Now now PP, can't go mocking the Chatolics, or religious people in general... it's like mocking the ******ed, they don't know any better.

You might, if it existed :yay:

But it doesn't so you're safe.

Last edited:

You might, if it existed :yay:

But it doesn't so you're safe.

Now I don't know if heaven or hell exists but wouldn't it be something if Hell did exist and you ended up there, Gallagher. Because you spent 60 years of what maybe forever trying to be cool and go against the grain. Like I said I don't know if they do or not but to be on the safe side I try not to piss off the giant invisable man that lives in the sky, but that's just me.

Do not make this thread about religion whatsoever. Thank you kindly.

Now I don't know if heaven or hell exists but wouldn't it be something if Hell did exist and you ended up there, Gallagher. Because you spent 60 years of what maybe forever trying to be cool and go against the grain. Like I said I don't know if they do or not but to be on the safe side I try not to piss off the giant invisable man that lives in the sky, but that's just me.

Uh, I'm not trying to be 'cool'. I was referencing my views.

As Parker said, can we not make this thread about religion, I was merely replying in jest to something he said and now it's over.

Keep it that way.

You love it so much you wanna be in it.

When's the next issue??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"