• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Daily Show Thread

Kane52630

T-800 User
Reaction score
20k6uix.jpg

Talk about the latest episodes and interviews here. :woot:

I cracked up when he said 'I don't like my m&m's with nuts'...lol

Jon Stewart is about the only news show that I'll watch, even though at times his comedy leans way to the left. I loved his bit about Fox News trying to say the Nuclear Summit logo was Muslim. It's almost too easy.

I really enjoy Stephen Colbert as well, but it's so difficult to get a feel of what he actually believes since he's playing such an extreme right wing character for his entire show. It's a great yin to Stewart's yang, though.

I love this show. John Stewart and The Daily Show may be a comedy show but the information they put out and the hypocrisy they expose is brilliant.

Jon's opening segment tonight was awesome! He responded to Fox News responding to him saying "Go **** yourselves." last week. I loved how, I forget who it was for Fox News, called him Jay Leno who gets to use the F bomb. Stewart had a field day with this.

I use to love this show. John has gotten extremely preachy lately. He makes fun of Fox news about being biased and impacting people's political decisions but his show is his outlet for his political bias and he has the coveted 18-24 demographic in which this show is their only source of news and the way he childishly bickers back and forth with Fox has gotten annoying. I loved it during the Bush years and I was ready to see how hard he was going to knock the idiocy of this new administration but alas no.

I admit that he is overly liberal, as I think he should be poking fun at MSNBC as much as he does Fox News. It is a tad annoying that he only turns his comedy on conservatives, it seems, but he's still a better news source than the people he's satiring.

Any biased news is not a good source of news.

I just miss the witty humor. It is now just blatantly over the top lame. I laughed a bit at his Glenn Beck bit when he started it but Jesus he did it for 5 minutes straight and it got annoying and he is completely over looking some of the major **** ups that this administration is doing to poke fun at Fox News. His show to me is now as Rachel Maddow puts it, a lame duck.

I still think that wit is still there. Granted, he has episodes like the Beck one, but that was almost neccessary to point how bat **** crazy Beck really is. I think that most of his show has been him vs Fox News, even during the Bush Era. He just had a broader scope to poke fun at because of Bush. I do agreee in that I wish he would jab at some of the failures of this Administration, but the conserative right is just giving him so much comedic ammunition he would be a fool not to use it.

Jon Stewart was pretty appalled when he learned that his show was the primary source of news for young adults. I agree that it's not supposed to be a source that you go to when you want to see what's happening around the country and world. I think if you want to all points of view on the news, you should watch all the networks CNN, MSNBC, FOX, etc... That being said, I LOVED last night's episode.

I love this show. I don't see the bias that some of you are seeing. It's a comedy show that deals with politics and opinions from a zany extreme groups (Republicans and Fox News). John Stewart doesn't need to be "Fair and Balanced" because that's not what the show is about. It's about making fun of things in a politically satirical way. For the most part he is just exposing the lies and false information that Fox spews out everyday. And he does it using actual clips and facts to prove the lies and misinformation.

Besides, he has made fun of people in Obama's administration, MSNBC (I recall him making fun of Keith Obermann a few times), and he rips apart CNN on a regular basis.

Last night's episode was great. I loved the choir.

I would say I use the hype for most of my political news first, as the forum over there is run amazingly by Marx, Kel, and others to deliver news and deliver it pretty fairly. I prefer that and discussion over being fed info from the 24 hour newz crews who, as Stewart points out, are biased and usually full of crap.

I've seen him make fun of people in the Obama Administration, but I can't remember him actually making fun of any of their actions thus far (Such as pointing out the flaws in Obamacare, etc.). At this point though, I don't mind it since he is a comedy show and Fox News continues to give him ammo.

I agree that the choir segment was incredible.

I love this show. I don't see the bias that some of you are seeing. It's a comedy show that deals with politics and opinions from a zany extreme groups (Republicans and Fox News). John Stewart doesn't need to be "Fair and Balanced" because that's not what the show is about. It's about making fun of things in a politically satirical way. For the most part he is just exposing the lies and false information that Fox spews out everyday. And he does it using actual clips and facts to prove the lies and misinformation.

Besides, he has made fun of people in Obama's administration, MSNBC (I recall him making fun of Keith Obermann a few times), and he rips apart CNN on a regular basis.

Last night's episode was great. I loved the choir.
The bolded statement = :huh::dry: You don't see the bias? RLY:huh: It is obvious that Jon is liberal, which is fine. However, he is the main source of news for 18-24 years olds and he knows that. He has the ability to help shape political outcomes...which is sad. His show is suppose to be satirical and and entertainment but when he constantly berates one side over the other, then the comedy gets old and stale.

MSNBC is filled with just as much lies, misinformation, and polar bias as Fox News is...and MSNBC's tagline is "Your Source for News."

He has made fun of MSNBC but it pales in comparison to his daily bashing of the right side of the spectrum. It was fine 2 years ago when the right had majority in congress and a Republican president. But now the Dems control congress and we have a Democrat for president and it is still bash the right business as usual even though some colossal f-ups have already occurred.

Last edited:
well im in that demo but I dont watch Fox, MSNBC, or american CNN. I get my news from BBC, CNN International, and of course The Daily Show/Colbert Report

Last edited:
He could just find the Republicans/Fox News funnier i.e get more laughs satirizing them than the other news stations.

Fox News gets mocked over some of their stuff the world over. The Daily show isn't alone on finding some of their stuff funny.

I find some of the stuff Fox suggests just as idiotic and ludicrous as some of the stuff the pundits on MSNBC suggest. There are whack jobs on both sides. Olberman is just as big of an idiot as Sean Hannity is.

I find some of the stuff Fox suggests just as idiotic and ludicrous as some of the stuff the pundits on MSNBC suggest. There are whack jobs on both sides. Olberman is just as big of an idiot as Sean Hannity is.

I can agree with that.

I just feel that Jon has gotten too preachy lately. I loved his show back in the Bush era because he was fighting the idiots in charge. Now he is just fighting the fringe idiots that are no longer in charge and barely noticing the idiots in charge.

If Dennis Miller was the host of the Daily Show, it would be more conservative. The show would be pretty lame during the Bush era because he would agree with most of the policies and still only attack the fringe Dems...it would be the exact opposite.

I just feel that Jon has gotten too preachy lately. I loved his show back in the Bush era because he was fighting the idiots in charge. Now he is just fighting the fringe idiots that are no longer in charge and barely noticing the idiots in charge.

If Dennis Miller was the host of the Daily Show, it would be more conservative. The show would be pretty lame during the Bush era because he would agree with most of the policies and still only attack the fringe Dems...it would be the exact opposite.

it wouldnt work beucase Dennis Miller isnt funny. Ive seen his stand up from his haydays and they are terrible

I don't watch Miller...just making an example. Stewart was really nothing before this show as well. This show is hilarious because Stewart has/had some great people around him as well: Colbert, Samantha B, Steve Carrel, etc...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"