The Damien Family

Discussion in 'Eternals' started by Hello2016, May 11, 2019.

1. Yowza Registered

[​IMG]

Brief Introduction:

This is some older news pertaining to who this mystery character Karen could be whom I guessed before could be Margot or her mother (supplanting the father that appears in the comics perhaps):
    Exclusive: 'The Eternals' Mystery Character 'Karen' is Revealed! - MCU Cosmic

In the comics, Margot Damien doesn't really fit the strong leader type the casting calls for. Her mother as far as I know is never referenced in the comics just the father but the movie of course will take it's liberties on this perhaps depicting the Damien family as more diverse and modernized. Therefore, the archeological expedition Margot's father is coordinating at the beginning of Eternals Vol.1 could in the movie be coordinated by her mother who knows...

Also in the comics, Margot of course becomes Ike Harris's girlfriend as well (Ikaris modern human identity of a photographer working on the archeological expedition alongside the Damien's).

Here's the comic history for reference sake:
    Within Volume 1 there were a few loose tie-ins to the 616 universe through reference of both the Shield organization and the Hulk character that seem to have been forced by editorial before Volume 1 abruptly ended. Therefore, it seems odd that Dr. Daniel Damien actually appeared in Fantastic Four Vol.1 #64 in 1967 which is about 9 years before Eternals Vol.1 #1 even came out.

Daniel Damien's appearances in total are:
    [​IMG]

*1967: FF #64
    *1976: Eternals Vol. #1-4
    *1989: Thor Vol.#1 291 (1 issue of long ongoing Thor: Eternal Saga that first appearance of Eternals after Vol.1 ended)

*1991: Eternals: The Herod Factor
    References:
    Daniel Damian (Earth-616)/Appearances
    Daniel Damian (Earth-616)

Margot Damien's Appearances in total are:
    [​IMG]

1976-1977: Eternals vol.1 (most issues)
    She becomes Ikaris's girlfreind through the course of these issues.
    1979-80: Thor Vol.1 284-286, 291
    1985-1986: Eternals vol.2 (most issues)
    References:
    Margo Damian (Earth-616)
    Margo Damian (Earth-616)/Appearances

#1 Yowza, May 11, 2019
    Last edited: May 11, 2019
  2. Silvermoth Krakoan native

Yeah that’s a good question

I mean once upon a time I would have said Jonathan Rhys Davies for Daniel and Vanessa Kirby for Margot but I think marvel want to broaden out the casting a bit. I’ll have to have a think about it