Eternals Connecting Eternals to X-Men or MCU Characters

Yowza

Sidekick
Reaction score
1) Should Eternals Connect to the X-Men or other MCU characters? (Or in other words do you think this take must be comic accurate?)

2) If so, what specific aspects of the comics, films, or original ideas do you think can be used for this to work best? As there's a lot of interconnections possible I think it's interesting to discuss the specifics of what's been done in the past compared to what you think would be great to provide additional layering to the MCU live action wise.

Just to Summarize the Basics:
Of course there's the basic premise behind the Celestial visits to earth creating the deviants, eternals, and humans with genetic potential to mutate over time as the central connective fiber. The comics lately have even attempted to rationalize how some humans are able to gain superpowers and some aren't to explain for instance why someone like Peter Parker didn't die from radioactive poisoning.

Neil Gaiman in his 2006 limited series even added on some "limitations" to Eternals from observing things about them from past comics such as:
1) Eternals are not able leave their native solar system. Neil Gaiman perhaps used this to further elaborate on the Celestial's modus operandi as well as explain why Marvel comics had introduced Eternals in other solar systems totally separate from the Earth based Eternals (with some of these planets having more Eternals than the native species with Eternals having taken over entire planet population wise)

2) Lack of being able to attack Celestials or go against the orders the Celestials provide (at least the earth based ones with activated genes after Kronos's accident that gained the ability to form into a Unimind that is)

3) Eternals dwell on their designated planet (or stuck in solar system) until their purpose is complete upon the arrival of the 4th Celestial Host giving the planet final judgement

Last edited:
I have no idea. Though I can definitely see Sersi joining the Avengers later on, Xpecially if Black Knight becomes an Avenger as well.

The rest, like Guardians of the Galaxy, I'm sure they would interact with the other Marvel characters as well in a crossover film.

Yeah, Gaurdians I think would be rife to explore the cosmos where Eternals may reside on other planets. With James Gunn wrapping up with the 3rd movie, this is probably not likely but I'm sure there could be a reference.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here's something that occurred to me for the Captain Marvel MCU IP:
*Kree planet based Eternals have been in the comics so there might be references at some point.

*Perhaps going beyond what the comics ever did, I think it would be clever storywise to compare/contrast the Kree's science/tech driven society overseen by the Supreme Intelligence as perhaps being an attempt to copy the Unimind experienced by the Kree Based Eternals?

Comics Only Connections to Captain Marvel (and Quasar) Unlikely to Appear in the MCU but Interesting to Note Nonetheless:
*Eon in debut appearance (Captain Marvel #29) bestows his ability of "Cosmic Awareness" to Captain Marvel. I think this definitely seems like a sort of expansion of what the Eternals of a particular Solar System may experience while partaking in a Unimind ritual...

*Eon (also in Captain Marvel #29) met Captain Marvel as he was also an overseer of the Cosmic Cube Thanos was after. Eon did this on behalf of Kronos. This Kronos was Thanos's grandfather and riffing off of Greek mythology but later retconned into having an association with Jack Kirby's earth based Eternals in continuing backstory within What-If comics published in the early 1980's.

*The following is not so much a connection to the Eternals but just thought I'd reference nonetheless: Eon in the Quasar comics was shown as a quasi-physical celestial apparition of sorts whose purpose was that of a custodial overseer (monitors conditions favorable for life in the universe and observes the evolution of sentient life specifically) who at some unexplained point saw to the construction of the Quantum Bands that he keeps and bestows upon those he deems fit to be "Protector of the Universe". These bands were introduced for Quasar to use (the Nega bands Captain Marvel wore in earlier comics Marvel publishing retconned as being the Kree's attempt to copy the Quantum Bands).

*This also not so much Connecting to Eternals but for reference sake: More on Eon's origin here: Eon Powers, Enemies, History | Marvel and Quantum Band powers here : Quantum Bands

A Brief Summation on the Eternal named Kronos as he's Linked to a Number of Comics Besides Just Captain Marvel:
*The earth based Eternal's backstory went that Kronos (assisted by another Eternal ruler named Oceanus) prevailed in a Civil War against his brother Ouranus exiling him from the earth. Kronos would go on to be the King of Titanos until one of his experiments went wrong blowing up the city, activating the genes of all Eternals in the area to being able to form a Unimind, and resulting in Kronos being permanently separated from his kind being alive still yet without a body that would become untethered to earth and roam the cosmos.

*Eternals are considered 1st Generation if born before the fall of Titanos (generations only counted after the city destroyed not before as these are the ones with "activated genes"). Kronos's son Zuras would go onto rule while his brother A'lars left earth with his followers to avoid another civil war (stays within solar system as did Ouranus previously). 3 major Eternal cities that sprouted afterwards 1st being Olympia (where Zuras resided mostly in the Greek mountains near an otherworldly portal to the Greek gods whom Eternals began interactions with occasionally impersonating for the earth based people in Greece). After Olympia, 2 other main Eternal based cities of Polaria (in Siberia) and Oceana (in the Pacific) were then made.

Kronos in his bodiless form often interacts with his son A'lars and tries to provide guidance on various cosmic non-earth based matters (a presence that shows up under various comic titles time to time).
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else know of any good connective fibers in the comics between Eternals and other properties I'm interested to hear. Not everything will be possible to fit into the MCU but if wish to make not of something please share.:yay:

Last edited:
75ci3rg61wi31.jpg

They could take inspiration from Earth X and have the Celestials seed the X-gene. If I recall correctly in Earth X, there was celestial egg growing inside of Earth and essentially mutant superpowers were meant as an anti-body to prevent any harm being done to Celestial embryo. And the Celestial activity wasn't limited to Earth but many other planets as well.

The_Eternals_-_Concept_Art1-600x286.jpg

EACjytjWsAEz1ps.jpg:large

Even the concept art has an Earth X esque vibe.

Thanks for that.:yay:

I'm going to re-read some of the Earth X comics as I think it took storytelling to the next level comics wise and I never really appreciated it as much I probably should've back when it came out. Such great artwork and plot that really made these characters feel grounded and connected.

Does anyone know how the 616 comics depicted the birth of the celestials compared to the Earth X storyline?

I think an endpoint to the Celestial's purpose coinciding with coming back at the dawn of mutants (sort of a comics riff on the mythological notion of a "Golden Age" I like:cwink:) sounds like an interesting new notion the 616 based comics never explored and gives the Celestials an added purpose to their 4th and final visit they pay to each planet they deem fit to watch.

Last edited:
I didn't really like that ego was changed to a celestial in gotg, but I think I might be able to connect ego to the celestials.
In eternals annual it is mentioned that Celestials are Uni-minds of entire planets encased in armor. Ego at least the MCU ego could be a uni-mind he just didn't dawn any celestial armor. Maybe he doesn't fully understand himself. He does have the same desire as the celestials do in this movie which is to spread their seed to all the planets to make more celestials. Ego says he doesn't know where he came from, maybe his armor was cracked and just his uni-mind was floating in space. Ego might have fought galactus when ego was a fully encased celestial, then galactus destroyed his armor and he just kept floating in space as a uni-mind. Just a theory

We don't know if galactus will be a celestial in the mcu if he shows up or not.

I hope they don't do that to Galactus, big part of his character is that he is from the time before our universe. Gunn really dropped the ball on Star-lord's dad, hope they don't mess with galactus like that.

Honestly, i much prefer the J'Son of Spartax backstory for Star-Lord. And we did get to see it play out at least on the animated show.

I wish we saw Dane first as a superhero before he met the Eternal love of his life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"