Batman '89 The Danny Elfman Appreciation Thread

the Dick Tracy score is nearly identicle to the Batman score in some spots

if warren beaty could, he probably would have gotten tim burton to direct that movie as well, lol. but yeah, it does sound similiar. i enjoy it too, i want to get that score next.

I cant even find the Dick Tracy dvd in stores in my town

i saw it once in shoprite actually, and bought it right up. as stupid as madonna is in it, its one of the movies of my childhood.

Ya me too, I used to think Madonna was hot in that movie, when I was a kid that is.

i bought my Dick Tracy dvd on amazon.com for like 4.95 from the marketplace. i cant get enough of that movie!

if warren beaty could, he probably would have gotten tim burton to direct that movie as well, lol. but yeah, it does sound similiar. i enjoy it too, i want to get that score next.
i've been looking for the CD. i only have the crappy cassette. thats probably true about tim burton directing,lol! i noticed how dick tracy's ad campaign was similar to Batmans in some aspects.

i havent seen the DT soundtrack in stores, will probably have to go on ebay for it.

Back in December I saw it at Toys R Us while doing my Christmas shopping. :huh:
lol I did see it there once, when I went back to get it, it was gone and they were selling it for like $7 too. jeesh

The Flash theme from the TV show is almost exactly the same as the Batman theme.

As good as he is, a lot of Elfman's scores sound very similar. For instance, his Spider-man theme has a part that sounds just like the beginning of the Batman theme. Those same couple of notes.

His Spider-Man score was fantastic too. Although I don't think he'll ever supercede the classicism of his Batman score.

There are definitely some similar bits, but the way the motif carries itself is a little different.

C'mon some parts are almost identical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br2hXBhgLVY

Ya I hear some similarities, but nothing that close. At the time Elfman made the Batman theme, everyone made a big deal about him (because the 89 score was so memorable) and wanted him to do there score, but obviously he didnt collaboarate with everyone, so alot of people emulated his style, I still hear composers to this day copying Elfman's style. :wow:

yeah elfman always has a similiar sound, but thats why i like him. thats why alot of ppl like the same band over and over. some ppl just like his sound. its all different, but because its the same person they are gonna use that similiar sound again. nothin wrong with that.

Finally a thread that talks about Elfman and appreciating his great work. I'm a huge Elfman fan and love most of his work. What did you guys think of The Kingdom score that Elfman wrote ?

welcome to the Hype! glad to see another elfman fan, obviously by your screenname.

i havent seen or heard the Kingdom score or movie, havent even heard of it i think lol.

welcome to the Hype! glad to see another elfman fan, obviously by your screenname.

i havent seen or heard the Kingdom score or movie, havent even heard of it i think lol.

Thanks. You should check it out, the movie and score. A lot of people slam the score because it's synth heavy. I enjoyed it. It's like Planet of the Apes, Proof of Life, and Hulk. If you're not a fan of those scores then you might not enjoy The Kingdom score. He hasn't done anything as synth heavy as The Kingdom since Wisdom (1987).I thought the movie was good as well. It stars Jamie Foxx and Jennifer Garner. It also has Chris Cooper and Jason Bateman in there. Great cast and plot.As well as intense action scenes. IMO. This score and the Hulk score is proof that Elfman could've figure out Nolan's Batman vision with his music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"