The Dark Tower (not the series by Stephen King)

Galactus

Devourer of Worlds
Reaction score
Darkstone Embarks on Dark Tower Adaptation
Source:ShockTillYouDrop.com December 1, 2008

Sure to confuse many who associate the Dark Tower with Stephen King's series, and now Marvel's ongoing comic book line, John Johnson of Darkstone Entertainment is going into production this Christmas on the first of a series of adaptions centered around The Dark Tower.

Based on the original poem by Robert Browning "Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came" and the English fairytale "Burd Ellen" also known as "Childe Rowland".

Johnson plans to tell a very dark gothic story of a man and his quest to the mysterious Dark Tower set in modern times. Although this is a very different interpretation than Stephen King's adaption, Johnson is a huge fan of the series of books by King and graphic novels based on the series.

"I've had an obsession with a Dark Tower in my dreams since I was five years old. Guess it is time to face it in the best way I know how," Johnson says in a press release.

Johnson made headlines earlier this year for his remake of Plan 9 From Outer Space which is now set for production in March 2009.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"