The Devils Rejects

Wilhelm-Scream said:
My roommate's girlfriend loves him to. It K.I.L.L.S. me watching her rock out to More Human Than Human.....AAAAaaargh!!!

One of my favorite songs. :D

Rob Zombie kicks ass. :up:

Yes it is, yes he does and I can't wait! Otis Firefly on the loose! This is not going to be good - for somebody, anyways... :D

seriously, even if you didnt like House of 1000 corpses...you may very well find yourself loving this film. its no where near self indulgent, and most to all of the problems that you may have had with House have been worked out and are gone. im telling you...this was flat out an awesome horror movie.

So its definitely a horro flick? From the previews you can't really tell. I mean, you figure it's gonna be, but the preview kinda made it seem like so strange action film maybe.

guitarsingerguy said:
So its definitely a horro flick? From the previews you can't really tell. I mean, you figure it's gonna be, but the preview kinda made it seem like so strange action film maybe.

yeah, its a horror flick. maybe not the most conventional horror flick, because its kinda like a road trip movie as well....but its a bunch of crazy murdering psycho's on the road.

I remember thinking holy shiit Rob Zombie gonna direct a horror movie!!! Kooooooooooooooooool. Then I saw it and it was one of the worst movie I have ever seen!!! After the movie was over, there was a line for the next viewing, I kid you not, I went over to them and told them to get a refund and run for your lives that how bad this moive was imo!!!! 2 HOURS OF MY LIFE I CANT GET BACK BECAUSE OF THIS MOIVE. There isnt enough money in the world to make me see this new Rob Zombie movie!!! :rolleyes: Sorry guys, but thast just how I feel. Hope you guys like the moive :)

WWWAAAAAAOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

...I know, odd reaction, but so far I've never been dissapointed by anything this guy touched. Rob just frickin rocks all types of ass! Can't wait. Otis' back baby.:D

While we're here, any Zombie fans know if he's coming out with a new CD or not? I guess the soundtrack to this movie could count as one like HO1KC but still...

A buddy of mine met Sid Haig (Capt. Spaulding), Bill Moseley (Otis), and Sheri Moon (Baby) at a horror convention early last year at a horror convention in Nashville. He asked Moseley what he could tell him about Rejects and Moseley replied that "It's some seriously f**ked up s**t." He told him it was beyond anything he could have imagined. My buddy also said that Sid Haig IS Capt Spaulding on and off screen in the same way that Mickey Rourke IS Marv and that Sheri Moon is off the scales hot.

Saw the previews and so on

this looks like some ****ed up ****.

Then again I'm not a fan of the first one so I'm not a good opinion on this I suppose. But a movie just about three people going around and sadistically killing people on the road...sounds like a borderline snuff film.

Just my opinion though.

It's a B-movie horror flick. If you feel that way about this one, then you basically feel that way about all horror films. I can't imagine this is really any worse than anything else we've seen before.

You're right, I just prefer my horror movies to be a little more mature or character driven or interesting...think Silence of the Lambs....than a bunch of sick ****s going around and cruelly murdering people for 90 minutes to 2 hours and that is your movie.

But as I said, I am probably not the kind of person to ask about for this kind of movie though.

But see, I wouldn't classify Silence of the Lambs as a horror film. It's a psychological thriller. They're two far different things.

i am so giddy to see the movie agian on friday. i've been thinking about it ever since the initial screening i saw. its probably one of the best straight up horror films i've seen in a long time.

DACrowe said:
You're right, I just prefer my horror movies to be a little more mature or character driven or interesting...think Silence of the Lambs....than a bunch of sick ****s going around and cruelly murdering people for 90 minutes to 2 hours and that is your movie.

But as I said, I am probably not the kind of person to ask about for this kind of movie though.

It is character driven. It's a revenge movie with a character associated with a victim from the first one coming after the killers, plus there's a strong family bond developed between the villains, and a great climactic finale after the characters have been built up for it.

The Lumberjack said:
I thought the first movie showed amazing potential as a director, but not as a writer. He kinda like Lucas in the sense that when it comes to writing, he's great w/ ideas, but notso great at actually transferring them to a script.

I think the writing lacked mainly because he was trying to make it WAY TO much like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Hopefully his writing is better when not trying to make an almost exsact copy of another film

I got to see the first 10 minutes of the movie down at the San Diego Comic con, even got to have the cast autograph a poster for me. cool beans.

*spoilers*

The opening scene is the cops raiding the firefly house, gun battle follows, reminiscent of the one in Young Guns, cops die, member of the firefly house dies and .. .. the mom is taken by the cops.

Looks very promising. :up:

Tanin said:
I think the writing lacked mainly because he was trying to make it WAY TO much like the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Hopefully his writing is better when not trying to make an almost exsact copy of another film

while i like H1000C, i understand why people dont like it. its a horror fans horror movie....its extremely self indulgent, which i liked, but i can see why it would turn others off....and i think thats why people didnt like it much. but devils rejects is not so self indulgent and zombie REALLY matured as a writer and director on this on. it really looks like he recognized the mistakes of 'house' and remedied those problems when producing this film.

Devils Rejects is going to be awsome! Blood, gore, horror, and action, can't wait. :unishr:
devil1.jpg

This movie will decide whether I'm going to be Capt. Spaulding for Halloween or Lemmy from Motorhead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"