The Disney DVD/Blu-Ray Thread

spideyboy_1111

Young Avenger
Reaction score
Not sure if this exists... but if not, here we go!

Thought this thread could be for Disney fans and the release dates/speculations of DVD/Blu-Rays

I've been a big disney DVD collector, and I'm very particular in making sure I buy ones ones with Slip Covers in my collection.

This month I'm very excited that we're getting re-releases of

-Pocahontas
-The Aristocats
-The Rescuers

P and A i both needed in my collection period, and While i have the Gold editions of both rescuer films.. i'll be getting the 2 pack for the sleeve (and space saving).

I think i'm going to go with the DVD+Blu Ray editions of all 3, that way they will 1) come with the sleeve and 2) still fit in with the rest of my DVD collection

I was also told that there's a number you can call to see if Disney still has a sleeve in stock, that they will ship to you? I need to find out that number again.. because if i can get sleeves for them, i'd gladly buy Tarzan and The Sword in the Stone (both in which i'm also missing from my collection

Hopefully Hercules, Mulan, and Emperors New Groove get new additions sooon too..

Missing from my Collection

-Saludos Amigos
-The Three Caballeros
-Make Mine Music
-Fun and Fancy Free
-Melody Time
-The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
-The Sword in the Stone
-The Aristocats
-The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
-Pocahontas
-The Hunchback of Notre Dame
-Hercules
-Mulan
-Tarzan
-Dinosaur
-The Emperor's New Groove
-Atlantis: The Lost Empire
-Treasure Planet
-Brother Bear
-Home on the Range
-Chicken Little
-Meet the Robinsons
-Bolt
-Tangled (which i never bought because i never saw a sleeve for it)
-Winnie the Pooh (need to finally buy this before the sleeves on the DVD+Blu-Ray edition is gone)

I own already, but need sleeved editions for
-Rescuers
-Rescuers Down Under
-The Black Couldron

Any word on them releasing The Little Mermaid and Aladdin on blu-ray?

Any word on them releasing The Little Mermaid and Aladdin on blu-ray?

I imagine Little Mermaid will be released at the end of next year to coincide with the 3D re-release of The Little Mermaid scheduled for September 13, 2013

Wikipedia also says that Aladdin will be released on Blu-ray as a Diamond Edition in Spring 2013.

I am a Disney blu-ray collector as well. Fantasia is so hard to find with a slipcover. :(

well majority of my disney films arn't blu-ray.. but i love how disney makes not only a Blu-Ray + DVD pack, but a DVD+ Blu ray pack...

that way i can buy the blu-ray and the case still fits in with my DVD collections. I love that aspect.

and sorry about Fantasia... mines not on blu, but i do have the slip cover...

also, does anyone know a good store on amazon to buy films that include slip covers? most unfortunately can't guarantee them... so i usually just pass

I need to get 101 Dalmatians Platinum Edition.. That is one of my favorite Disney movies.
(Hopefully it's not too expensive on eBay..)

So far my collection includes..

-Beauty and the Beast
-Aladdin
-The Lion King
-The Many Adv. of Winnie the Pooh
-Treasure Planet
-Monsters, Inc.
-Finding Nemo
-Ratatouille
-Wall-E
-Tron:Legacy
-Bridge to Terabithia (Yeah, it's a little childish, but a really sweet, though heartbreaking movie)

I have a lot more Disney stuff on VHS..

I really wish they would release boxsets of the 1990 series, "The New Adv. of Winnie the Pooh" that is one of my favorite TV shows of all-time.

Pooh merchandise sells like crazy, why hasn't it been on DVD yet? Even in a "best-of" form?

Last edited:
^^^ nice, yeah i just made my wants list.. since my have list is pretty long haha.

and yeah... sadly i have soooo much wasted money on disney VHS's... i pretty much own them all on VHS

^^^ nice, yeah i just made my wants list.. since my have list is pretty long haha.

Cool. Here's mine..

My Disney Wishlist

-Toy Story
-Tarzan
-Mulan
-Hercules
-The Sword in the Stone
-The Great Mouse Detective
-The Rescuers Down Under
-101 Dalmatians
-The Jungle Book
-A Goofy Movie
-The Santa Clause
-Blank Check
-Heavyweights

Missing from my Collection

-Saludos Amigos
-The Three Caballeros
-Make Mine Music
-Fun and Fancy Free
-Melody Time
-The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
-The Sword in the Stone
-The Aristocats
-The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
-Pocahontas
-Hercules
-Mulan
-Tarzan
-Dinosaur
-Atlantis: The Lost Empire
-Treasure Planet
-Brother Bear
-Home on the Range
-Chicken Little
-Meet the Robinsons
-Bolt
-Tangled (which i never bought because i never saw a sleeve for it)
-Winnie the Pooh (need to finally buy this before the sleeves on the DVD+Blu-Ray edition is gone)

I own already, but need sleeved editions for
-Rescuers
-Rescuers Down Under
-The Black Couldron

Ah, Meet the Robinsons. That was a pretty cool movie. I really regret trading that one in. Didn't care much for Bolt or Chicken Little.

Last edited:
Just preordered The Great Mouse Detective and the Rescuers two pack. Thinkfully this thread reminded me they were coming out soon.

Now I'm waiting for Aladdin, Little Mermaid, Hercules, Lilo and Stitch and I think there was one more Disney film I wanted.

On blu-ray, I have:

Bambi
Dumbo
Sleeping Beauty
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 (with the slipcover!)
Princess and the Frog
Tangled
Snow White
Beauty and the Beast
Toy Story 1-3
Up
Monsters Inc
Cars
Pinocchio (only one I have without a slipcover :argh: )
The Lion King
Wall*E
A Bug's Life
Pirates 4 (haven't upgraded the other 3 from DVD yet)
Newsies

Still need to get Alice in Wonderland.

Very excited for Cinderella and Brave this fall, and I can't wait for Aladdin and The Little Mermaid.

I'm still hoping we're getting Who Framed Roger Rabbit soon.

Holy ****! I should have gotten Pinocchio when it was first released. Amazon only has one for $80. :(

I found it at Target for $15! They were having a sale on Disney blu-rays and they had one left. Couldn't believe it. :wow:

I imagine Little Mermaid will be released at the end of next year to coincide with the 3D re-release of The Little Mermaid scheduled for September 13, 2013

Wikipedia also says that Aladdin will be released on Blu-ray as a Diamond Edition in Spring 2013.

Cool! I'm really looking forward to these two. So far my blu-ray Disney collection includes: The Lion King. It's a sad list compared to yours, guys. :csad:

yeah you got really lucky. Disney's pretty damn good at pulling there products.

I got lucky and randomly one day my walmart a few months ago got a shipment of slip covered great mouse detectives in. I snagged it instantly... i haven't seen them with covers in a good while. Hoping I end up finding a Sword in the Stone or Tarzan the same way...

i got the original Platinum edition of Aladdin (with slip) at a Meijer one day randomly several years after it was pulled back to the vault

Cool! I'm really looking forward to these two. So far my blu-ray Disney collection includes: The Lion King. It's a sad list compared to yours, guys. :csad:

ha, well to be fair.. so far none of my disney animated films are on blu-ray. But i plan on getting the DVD+Blu of both Pocahontas, rescuers and aristocrats!

I have

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Diamond Edition (Blu-Ray + DVD)
Pinocchio Platinium Edition DVD
Fantasia/Fantasia 2000 2-Disc Special Edition
Bambi Diamond Edition (DVD + Blu-Ray)
Alice in Wonderland 60th Anniversary Edition (Blu-Ray + DVD)
Peter Pan Platinum Edition DVD
101 Dalmations Platinum Edition DVD
Sword in the Stone 45 Anniversary Edition DVD
Jungle Book Platinum Edition DVD
Robin Hood Most Wanted Edition DVD
The Great Mouse Detective Mystery in the Mist Edition DVD
Oliver and Company 20th Anniversary Edition DVD
The Little Mermaid Platinum Edition DVD
Beauty and the Beast Diamond Edition DVD + Blu-Ray
Aladdin Platinum Edition DVD
Lion King Platinum Edition DVD Blu-Ray+ DVD
A Bug's Life
Cars
Bolt
The Incredibles
Ratatoulle
Toy Story 1-3
Up
and Wall-E

I still don't get why Disney are such ***** and put there movies into their so called "vault" so soon. Give the movies more time to sell. I'm having to constantly check Amazon for when their other movies go up for preorder just to insure that I get one.

well.. it does create a demand. and truth be told they have SOOOOO many movies.. that they can't really sell them all at once either

When I was a kid, it used to be that they used to re-release their classic animated films in theaters every few years. I got to see Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, 101 Dalmations, Alice in Wonderland, The Rescuers (which was a double feature with Mickey's Christmas Carol), Dumbo and Bambi in the theater. And I saw Mary Poppins twice.

The VCR wound up ending that, and when they started releasing new movies in the 90s, I guess there was no need to re-release the older stuff anymore.

But they were always a pain with their limited-time releases. I guess it makes sense from a marketing standpoint, but it can be annoying.

Speaking of Mary Poppins...when is that getting a blu-ray? That's still my favorite Disney movie. My guess is 2014, which will be the 50th anniversary of the movie.

ha, well to be fair.. so far none of my disney animated films are on blu-ray. But i plan on getting the DVD+Blu of both Pocahontas, rescuers and aristocrats!

Yeah, I have a bunch of them on videotape but I no longer own a VCR. They also need to release them with a little less expensive price, I always see them at $29.99 then I wait for them to be on sale and before you know it they're back to that damn vault.

well.. it does create a demand. and truth be told they have SOOOOO many movies.. that they can't really sell them all at once either

I understand they can't sell them all at once, but they should make more copies when they do decide to take them out of the vault. If they're not going to release that particular movie for another 10 years or however long it is, shouldn't they make more copies to maximize profits.=?

When I was a kid, it used to be that they used to re-release their classic animated films in theaters every few years. I got to see Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, 101 Dalmations, Alice in Wonderland, The Rescuers (which was a double feature with Mickey's Christmas Carol), Dumbo and Bambi in the theater. And I saw Mary Poppins twice.

The VCR wound up ending that, and when they started releasing new movies in the 90s, I guess there was no need to re-release the older stuff anymore.

But they were always a pain with their limited-time releases. I guess it makes sense from a marketing standpoint, but it can be annoying.

Speaking of Mary Poppins...when is that getting a blu-ray? That's still my favorite Disney movie. My guess is 2014, which will be the 50th anniversary of the movie.

I'm glad I caught a few Disney films in the theater when I was younger. Off the top of my head I've seen Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid and Lion King.

I'm also looking forward to Mary Poppins, both Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke were great in that. I'll punch anyone in the face who tells me to turn in my "man card" for that one. :funny:

Yeah, I have a bunch of them on videotape but I no longer own a VCR. They also need to release them with a little less expensive price, I always see them at $29.99 then I wait for them to be on sale and before you know it they're back to that damn vault.

Disney DVD's/Blu-rays RARELY ever go on sale... the only ones that do are the ones that really never go into the vault (Hercules, Tarzan, Hunchback, etc...)

I understand they can't sell them all at once, but they should make more copies when they do decide to take them out of the vault. If they're not going to release that particular movie for another 10 years or however long it is, shouldn't they make more copies to maximize profits.=?

I'm glad I caught a few Disney films in the theater when I was younger. Off the top of my head I've seen Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Little Mermaid and Lion King.

I'm also looking forward to Mary Poppins, both Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke were great in that. I'll punch anyone in the face who tells me to turn in my "man card" for that one. :funny:

i've never seen a disney DVD/BR sell out though. They seem to restock them until they pull them from the shelves

Disney DVD's/Blu-rays RARELY ever go on sale... the only ones that do are the ones that really never go into the vault (Hercules, Tarzan, Hunchback, etc...)

Bummer. I think the lowest price they can go is $19.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"