The Disney DVD/Blu-Ray Thread

Massive Disney fan, so this is a great thread!
I will try to contribute to this thread as much as possible!
I've got the 51 animated films on DVD, most in the 2 disc editions where available.

At the moment, I don't think I'm gonna double dip for the blu rays.
The only exceptions to this were Bolt, The Princess & The Frog, and Tangled.

I'll post the pics of my Disney collection another time lol.
There's people on the internet who have almost every single Disney film released!
It's crazy!

Just one a region free Blu-ray of Pinochio off of Ebay. With shipping it was $31. A big high but good considering most of them are going for $80 or more.

just ordered Newsies on blu-ray on amazon :D

almost bought a Winnie The Pooh: Friendship edition that said it came with slip case for $30 but... i just saved it for now..

brand new wrapped editions of it are going for like $90

I'm also looking forward to Mary Poppins, both Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke were great in that. I'll punch anyone in the face who tells me to turn in my "man card" for that one. :funny:

Do it! That's such a great movie. Even Dick Van Dyke's awful British accent has an endearing quality to it, because he was so great in that movie.

I saw on one of the extra feature that Walt Disney was such a fan of "Feed the Birds" that he had the Sherman Brothers play it for him in his office every Friday while they were filming the movie.

just ordered Newsies on blu-ray on amazon :D

That looks great on blu-ray. I love that movie. My friends and I saw it in the movie theater twice in 1992...but both times, we were the only people in the theater.

But now it's a big hit Broadway show (which I've already seen twice!). The show is really great, and the lead guy sings a lot better than Christian Bale did. :oldrazz:

Do it! That's such a great movie. Even Dick Van Dyke's awful British accent has an endearing quality to it, because he was so great in that movie.

I saw on one of the extra feature that Walt Disney was such a fan of "Feed the Birds" that he had the Sherman Brothers play it for him in his office every Friday while they were filming the movie.

That looks great on blu-ray. I love that movie. My friends and I saw it in the movie theater twice in 1992...but both times, we were the only people in the theater.

But now it's a big hit Broadway show (which I've already seen twice!). The show is really great, and the lead guy sings a lot better than Christian Bale did. :oldrazz:

I wanna see it on Broadway soo badly! I saw it in theaters 2 years ago at a special screening with the director it was fun!

Now Disney bring hocus pocus to Broadway already!

I wanna see it on Broadway soo badly! I saw it in theaters 2 years ago at a special screening with the director it was fun!

Now Disney bring hocus pocus to Broadway already!

It was sooo good! I still have the program from the movie (they were fake newspapers), and there are profiles of all of the kids in the movie. According to Christian Bale's profile - he was 18 at the time - his favorite actor was Gary Oldman. Who knew they'd later end up being Batman and Commisioner Gordon? :oldrazz:

Hocus Pocus would be awesome on stage! I could see them bringing that in for Halloween on Broadway.

I imagine Little Mermaid will be released at the end of next year to coincide with the 3D re-release of The Little Mermaid scheduled for September 13, 2013

Wikipedia also says that Aladdin will be released on Blu-ray as a Diamond Edition in Spring 2013.

I think you're right. I do think Disney is staggering their Blu-ray releases so they won't always come on the heels of their theatrical re-releases. Finding Nemo won't hit Blu-ray until December, three months after the 3D re-release. Ditto for the Monsters Inc. Blu-ray, which won't hit stores until early 2013 (the theatrical re-release was moved up to December).

I don't have all the Disney classics (I usually get ones I'm likely to watch repeatedly), so I tend to be picky. I will pick up next month's The Avengers DVD/Blu combo pack, which is technically a Disney release.

so who's getting the new batch of DVD/Blu-Rays tomorrow? haha, part of me wants to go check walmart at midnight tonight....

but if there's not much of a price difference, i may just go to best buy on lunch.. at least I get reward points there.

i also heard that some of the DVD's may have a $10 off coupon towards a third if you buy 2 (which is great)

I think you're right. I do think Disney is staggering their Blu-ray releases so they won't always come on the heels of their theatrical re-releases. Finding Nemo won't hit Blu-ray until December, three months after the 3D re-release. Ditto for the Monsters Inc. Blu-ray, which won't hit stores until early 2013 (the theatrical re-release was moved up to December).

I actually have Monsters Inc on blu-ray, from the first time they released it. Best Buy was having an awesome sale on Pixar blu-rays, so I wound up getting Monsters, Cars, and Bugs Life all under $20 each. Lucked out on that one, I guess.

I can't wait to get Brave. And Nemo, although my nephew keeps calling him "Memo", (he's 4) and I have to keep re-training myself to pronounce that correctly when I'm around adults. :oldrazz:

He also loves Monsters, and calls Mike "Michael Eye-ski".

I've got tron legacy and pirates 4. I really wanna get the incredibles and some of the other pixar films on blu ray. I love me some behind the scenes featurettes. I just really like seeing how movies are made.

Last edited:
bumpin this back up....

aside from the obvious, (peter-pan, Monsters Inc, Wreck it Ralph) coming...

Looks like

Mulan 1 & 2 (blu-ray)
Hunchback oND 1 & 2 (blu-ray)
Brother Bear 1 & 2 (blu-ray)

will all be released on March 12, Mulan and Hunchback are getting the same treatment as Pocahontas and Rescuers got (DVD, Blu-ray, Blu-ray + DVD combo, DVD + Blu-ray Combo (which is the one i like because it fits in with all my DVDS), I assume Brother Bear is as well, but it's not listed on the release site.

Wikipedia made note that Atlantis 1 & 2 would also be re-released on that date, but there source link takes us to an error on the disney page, so i assume that was pulled but it may get a release this year still

also, it appears that The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh is getting the blu-ray treatment as well this spring

I'm pretty finicky with me disney DVDs... they need to have the dust protector sleeve on them, and i do prefer the DVD case size format over the blue ray (since those fit into my collection better)

that leaves me just essentially needing
Saludos Amigos
The Three Caballeros
Make Mine Music
Fun and Fancy Free
Melody Time
The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad
The Sword in the Stone
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
(hopefully it will have a DVD case format too)
The Black Cauldron( i need to find the slip cover'd version of this :( )
The Hunchback of Notre Dame (will be buying this spring)
Hercules
Mulan (will be buying this spring)
Tarzan
Dinosaur
The Emperor's New Groove
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
Treasure Planet

Brother Bear(will be buying this spring)
Home on the Range
Chicken Little
Meet the Robinsons
Bolt
Tangled
(I don't think this ever got the slipcover DVD sized treatment :( )
Winnie the Pooh
Wreck-It Ralph
(will be buying soon hopefully)

so, i'm kinda pissed.... Only Mulan got a DVD re-release brother bear and hunchback were Blu-ray + DVD only... and none of the three got a DVD + Blu Ray release.....

i was really hoping all 3 would have like Rescuers, Pocahontas, and The Aristocats did a couple months ago... :'(

SO i just joined the Disney Movie Club, I had no idea they had exclusive editions...

just scored

Mulan DVD + Blu-Ray (w/slip cover case)
Hunchback DVD + Blu-Ray (w/slip cover case)
Treasure Planet DVD + Blu-Ray (w/slip cover case)
Brother Bear DVD + Blu-Ray (w/slip cover case)

this club.... might be the death of me, but i'm glad i got the versions i wanted.

anyone else a member?

grrrr.. so many subpar Disney movies getting the blu ray treatment but no Aladdin. Makes no sense

grrrr.. so many subpar Disney movies getting the blu ray treatment but no Aladdin. Makes no sense

it will happen, Aladdin just got confirmed to be coming to Broadway. This year it's all about Peter Pan, and The Little Mermaid escaping from the Disney Vault. It really wouldn't shock me if Aladdin either gets out this year or next.

that being said... Reuters says the disney decided to cancel the 3D little mermaid release... though i just watched Oz and the DVD of Wreck it Ralph and both showed the trailer...

this article was published in January, so did they renig on the cancellation? http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/15/entertainment-us-disney-3d-idUSBRE90E00I20130115

is there a release date for Aladdin on Blu?

is there a release date for Aladdin on Blu?

No sign yet... they only do 2 diamond edition films a year.

This year it's Peter Pan and The Little Mermaid (oct)

next year we have Jungle Book for spring, and nothing scheduled yet for Fall... but by process of elimination it will either be... Aladdin, Pinocchio, Sleeping Beauty, or 101 dalmatians.

I personally think Aladdin and 101 dalmatians would be the top choices to fill those spots considering Pinocchio and Sleeping beauty had a Blu-ray release right before the diamond editions started... while Aladdin and 101 Dalmatians have yet to be given that format, so i'd assume they're up next.

Also, i am so pumped to finally have joined the Disney Movie Club, and i can apparently now do refferals if anyone is interested? (just PM me)

they have exclusive films, offers, formats of films etc...

you pick 4-5 films for $1 each first to sign up, than you have to promise to purchase 5 more films at ($20-$30) over the course of 2 years (24 months) which is pretty decent imo because most disney films arn't sold under that price anyway...

but yeah, if anyone is interested in checking it out for a refferal email, just PM me with your email and name and ill send them out

bought Heavyweights on blu-ray :awesome: LOVE that movie. one of my fav Ben Stiller roles and Uncle Tony, LOL. hadn't realized that Judd Apatow actually wrote the screenplay for this movie.

anyone know if 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea will get the blu-ray treatment?

they sell hunchback 1 on blu-ray alone don't they ?
i've only seen the two pack with 1+ that abomination of a dtv sequel

they sell hunchback 1 on blu-ray alone don't they ?
i've only seen the two pack with 1+ that abomination of a dtv sequel

no, it's only selling in the two pack. Blu-Ray + DVD combo pack.

i just look at it as a free movie... they're basically giving them away. i don't have to watch the sequels

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"